The Relegation Battle

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else still thinking we won't go down? We completely deserve to be in the relegation spots, the only real surprise is how long it took.

Can we react? I highly doubt it. Must win on Saturday or we're definitely finishing in the bottom two.

Don't think we're safe yet but not many would bet against it in current form. Scored 34 in 16 games since all the transfers in January and only lost to Celtic and Dundee Utd in the cup and to Raith in the League. In the 21 league games before that we'd only scored 19 goals and had -19 GD!

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

IMG_1491984456.708887.jpg

Amazing to look at the table back then. Raith have had one mighty collapse.

They do have us and Ayr to play though, 1 more win should do it for us but you never know.

That really shows how bad Rovers' plummet has been, 10 points in the last 19 games.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Anyone else still thinking we won't go down? We completely deserve to be in the relegation spots, the only real surprise is how long it took.

Can we react? I highly doubt it. Must win on Saturday or we're definitely finishing in the bottom two.

Raith have two get out of jail cards in playing both Ayr and St Mirren, whereas St Mirren and Ayr have one. The way St Mirrens form is tho, they could lose their get out of jail card and still have enough.

Id be surprised tho if Raith arent one of the bottom 2

I think there will be twists until the end of the season. Dundee United have struggled away and play Ayr, Morton on a poor run are at Starks. 
Not beyond the realms that they get a result and we don't at Falkirk. 

I'm dreading another perfect storm Saturday like a few weeks ago when we lost at home to Ayr and everyone else won. Then our arses would be twitching again......

Provided we can beat Raith at home, one more win will do it for us.

I'd rather not be going into that game in a state of pressure though. I don't think for a minute the players will take their foot off the gas but we have to be wary of accepting the universal praise of others and believing in our own hype. 

There's still a shit load of work to be done here. We could just as quickly slide back into a predicament a 7pm on Saturday where we're chasing rather that holding others off. With 3 games to go that's a place we must avoid at all costs. 

I'd rather we go down automatically than have to endure an extra couple of matches of the torture we've been serving up.

Don't talk pish. If you win the play off, the relief it would bring would make it feel like a cup final. If you didn't celebrate that after a poor season, the games up for you. Not saying you should be happy with the overall season though

I'd be content for us to take the Ayr boaby if it didn't affect our finishing place and assisted in sending St Mirren down. However I don't think second place will be decided until the last game of the season.

Would you not miss the derby? I would. Would rather we both met in the top league though. Renfrewshire derbies are one of the games I get most excited about

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Provided we can beat Raith at home, one more win will do it for us.

I'd rather not be going into that game in a state of pressure though. I don't think for a minute the players will take their foot off the gas but we have to be wary of accepting the universal praise of others and believing in our own hype. 

There's still a shit load of work to be done here. We could just as quickly slide back into a predicament a 7pm on Saturday where we're chasing rather that holding others off. With 3 games to go that's a place we must avoid at all costs. 

I don't think Jack will let the players become complacent,he will want to get to Raith game and be safe

Would you not miss the derby? I would. Would rather we both met in the top league though. Renfrewshire derbies are one of the games I get most excited about

The derby has lost its intensity imo. It used to be a far bigger deal back in the 90s with much bigger crowds. I'd like to see you lot spend a year or two in the seaside leagues to teach you some humility. However it's all irrelevant as you'll stay up now.

5 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

The derby has lost its intensity imo. It used to be a far bigger deal back in the 90s with much bigger crowds. I'd like to see you lot spend a year or two in the seaside leagues to teach you some humility. However it's all irrelevant as you'll stay up now.

That's hardly worked for some of the Morton fans who post on here, has it?

Yeah, most of them are ok,  as I've said on many occasions. Would you not say the same for most of the Saints fans on here? 

Yep. Only Hibs fans appear to be mainly cretins. Their cup win has went to their heads.

Archived