The Relegation Battle

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Today shows why the confidence other supporters have that we'll be safe is misplaced. Poor against one of the teams in the relegation fight, who we've failed to beat all season, and now four of our last five games are away to teams in the top four.

Yes Stu aren't you lucky  Ayr are such a mess

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty obvious, there's gonna be a massive clear out at the Rovers whether we stay up or go down.

Just the other day, I admitted to a mate, that I would welcome Relegation this season, if we were guaranteed that clear-out and it didn't just stop at Manager, if it was higher than that then I would bite your hand off for relegation, because I don't want another year like this next season and with Drysdale in charge, it will be.

So when Pars fans were singing we're going down today, I really wanted to join in. It wasn't upsetting me in the slightest.

I got myself in a right state when Locke was appointed last May as I knew Relegation was a certainty. There is no point letting it get to me again, now.

Who do fancy for manager next season, Just out of interest? Mveto was pretty solid again. So would love him at the pars.

IMO was a fairly shit game. Felt like a mid table game where noone had anything to play for. Obviously Raith had more to play doe.

Who do fancy for manager next season, Just out of interest? Mveto was pretty solid again. So would love him at the pars.

IMO was a fairly shit game. Felt like a mid table game where noone had anything to play for. Obviously Raith had more to play doe.

Craig Easton. I think he'll step up into the role and I would welcome it.

A big point for us yesterday, made even better with Ayr and Raith both losing.

It could yet come down to the final day for who finishes bottom, with it being a shoot-out between Ayr and Raith.

We still have work to do to ensure our safety, but yesterday could be massive for us come four weeks time.

Yeah it looks like it's going to be Ayr and the Wee Team who will occupy the bottom 2 spots. Who will be automatically relegated is hard to say. Ayr seem to pull out great victories against the big teams such as Hibs and Dunfermline whereas Raith haven't done that too often this season. This'll be the bottom 6 imo:

Dunfermline
QoS
Dumbarton
St. Mirren
Ayr
Raith

15 hours ago, Stu said:

Today shows why the confidence other supporters have that we'll be safe is misplaced. Poor against one of the teams in the relegation fight, who we've failed to beat all season, and now four of our last five games are away to teams in the top four.

We weren't great via Dumbarton, but we've struggled against teams that sit in a bit. 

People talk about our hard run in but Ayr and Raith don't have it easy either, however you fancy one of them beating a Hibs/Dundee United (I fancy Ayr in that 5.15 fixture when we are at Falkirk). 

The crucial game will be the Raith one at home. Any result via Morton, the game in hand would be massive. 

Dunfermline and QOS won't be bottom 4

Ayr will be either 10th or 9th.

Dumbarton, St Mirren or Raith will join them.

St Mirren have an horrific run in with Morton, Falkirk and Utd all away before Raith (H) and away to Hibs.

Dumbarton have Dunfermline (H) QOS and Dundee Utd away before Falkirk at home.

Raith have Morton (H) before Hibs and St Mirren away then finish with Ayr at home.

Nobody has an easy run in but I'd say Dumbarton are capable of 6+ points from that and with a 4 point headstart on 9th. I'm not convinced St Mirren and Raith can get that many points.

My instinct is....

Dumbarton 

St Mirren 

Raith

Ayr

Stunning stuff from Dumbarton yet again.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Typo. Fixed. God bless for pointing out x

I know there's a joke I can make about Fifers confusing five and six because of the number of fingers on the local's hands.

But I'm near the end of my shift and not in the mood for that kind of effort

I think its going down to the last game for at least one of the places, Ayr are a funny side in that they randomly pick up a result where you least expect it. 

Id say Dumarton are 2pts away from safety, possibly 3pts to be sure

Raith are seriously in the shiter and can see it going down to the last game Raith v Ayr for their fate

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Still a couple of twists and turns to go yet.

I'm expecting Raith and Ayr to pull a result or two out from nowhere.

You have more faith in us than we do then.

A big point for us yesterday, made even better with Ayr and Raith both losing.

It could yet come down to the final day for who finishes bottom, with it being a shoot-out between Ayr and Raith.

We still have work to do to ensure our safety, but yesterday could be massive for us come four weeks time.

You guys are safe IMO. A win on Saturday and it's sealed. Actually prefer it to be Raith to accompany us in the bottom two slots as it means McCall can't use the part time or budget excuse.

Archived