The Relegation Battle

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we beat Raith on Saturday, it would really help us if Ayr drew with Hibs so they would still have everything to play for going into the Raith game. If they lose they are bottom due to their goal difference and if they win we can still finish bottom... mon the draw :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dumbarton - L vs United, L vs Falkirk = 38 pts (GD -11)

Rovers - W vs Saints, L vs Ayr = 39 pts (GD -13)

Saints - L vs Rovers, W vs Hibs = 38 pts (GD -9)

Ayr - W vs Hibs, W vs Rovers = 39 pts (GD -22)

Dumbarton automatically relegated. Sorry guys.

I can't see Hibs losing their last two to be honest. I get that they have nothing to play for but they've only lost 3 games all season and still have players playing for contracts. I think it's unlikely that they'll lose two on the trot now. I also think we'll get a point at least from our two games.

I will be on here quickly deleting this post on Saturday night if Ayr beat Hibs and we take an absolute pumping at United, mind you.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dumbarton - L vs United, L vs Falkirk = 38 pts (GD -11)

Rovers - W vs Saints, L vs Ayr = 39 pts (GD -13)

Saints - L vs Rovers, W vs Hibs = 38 pts (GD -9)

Ayr - W vs Hibs, W vs Rovers = 39 pts (GD -22)

Dumbarton automatically relegated. Sorry guys.

Shows what a close division it is when you could be bottom on 38 points. Bottom place in the last four seasons has had 21,25,26 and 22 points

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Shows what a close division it is when you could be bottom on 38 points. Bottom place in the last four seasons has had 21,25,26 and 22 points

Wow, didn't know that.  Whoever finishes 10th can justifiably feel a bit unlucky.

7 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

if they win we can still finish bottom... mon the draw :thumsup2

Not if we beat Raith. Indeed, unless Ayr beat Hibs by 15 goals, we only need two draws to avoid finishing bottom.

IMG_1493307037.962096.jpg

When you look at the table as it was back then I'd have bitten my grans arm off to be in this position with 2 games to go. It's back in our hands, we are scoring goals, winning games and have clawed back an almighty gap from Raith.

Absolute disgrace that Raith are in the mire with us and Ayr.

Ayr haven't beat us this season in what, 6 games?

We haven't beat Dumbarton but Ayr have taken so many points off them.

It's been pretty crazy, we were something like 1/6 to finish bottom.

I should make clear that I don't think for one second Dumbarton will actually finish 10th. Just wanted to highlight how incredibly tight it is with just two games left.

That being said, referring back to previous seasons is fun but totally irrelevant. You're not playing in last year's league or the league in 2015. If 38 points isn't enough to stay up then you've failed, simple as.

Even if we beat Raith on Saturday, it would really help us if Ayr drew with Hibs so they would still have everything to play for going into the Raith game. If they lose they are bottom due to their goal difference and if they win we can still finish bottom... mon the draw :thumsup2

If Saints win on Saturday it doesn't matter what happens at Ayr, we can't finish bottom as we'd be two points clear of both Ayr & Raith.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

If Saints win on Saturday it doesn't matter what happens at Ayr, we can't finish bottom as we'd be two points clear of both Ayr & Raith.

I wrote that before Raith lost to Hibs.. although looking at it now it might still be incorrect :lol:.

I wrote that before Raith lost to Hibs.. although looking at it now it might still be incorrect :lol:.

My head hurts through all the ifs and buts.

If we win we'll be 7th come 5pm and if we lose we could be 10th.

Que sera sera......

Just realised I've planned a BBQ for my girlfriends birthday on the Saturday of the playoff semi final 2nd leg. Even more pressure for Saints to do the business in the next 2 games or I'll be turning up late to a pissed off girlfriend and a burnt burger no doubt.

3 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Just realised I've planned a BBQ for my girlfriends birthday on the Saturday of the playoff semi final 2nd leg. Even more pressure for Saints to do the business in the next 2 games or I'll be turning up late to a pissed off girlfriend and a burnt burger no doubt.

Just finish 10th so you don't have to worry about playoffs.

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

Is that a euphemism?

My odds for Ayr

To finish 7th Roughly 218/1 shot.

To finish 8th Roughly 38/1 shot.

To finish 9th is a 6/1 shot and finishing 10th is a 1/5 shot.

14/1 shot that we finish 9th with a draw on Saturday and 33/1 that we finish 9th with a loss on Saturday.

Archived