The Relegation Battle

Have to laugh at a supporter of 0p in the pound Dunfermline slag off Livingston. Debtcheats.com

'Shit' ground, part time football, relegation looming large...yes but at least Ayr fans can hold their heads high as their club live within their means. Gets my respect every time over a plastic club with no history like Livi or cheats like Dunfermline who's fans worshipped Masterton and lapped up the 'glory' years until the stolen money run out. Then it's all "his fault" "we had no idea the 10million wasn't our money" lol pish

I've stood behind those goals at Somerset Park more times than I care to remember, I've bought tea at a wee ice cream van thing which is cold by the time I get back to where I was standing due to the freezing weather. I've risked my health entering the urinals that probably haven't changed or been properly cleaned since the 1920's but I still go back, why? Cause I love my club 1st and foremost but for all Somerset is a relic, it is part of history and you can almost feel it, I have respect for Ayr as a club and I have huge respect for their loyal fans, they deserve so much more for not joining the masses of our Country and abandoning their local team to support one of the more 'decorated' ones.

To sum things up, Dunfermline should have died, Livi (or Meadowbank or whatever they are called) should be dead. Maybe their fans should just be grateful they still have a team to support than getting on the backs of others!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We may get relegated but in what way are we similar to Livi? Bizarre statement with no foundation at all.

In a way that you will be no loss to the league like they haven't (add Alloa).

In a way that you will be no loss to the league like they haven't (add Alloa).

This is a bit harsh, okay you may be prejudiced against Ayr for whatever reason but we have taken points from every team in the league including your overpaid mob. We have competed well and might not actually go down. I believe all that is a reasonable contribution to the league.

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

This is a bit harsh, okay you may be prejudiced against Ayr for whatever reason but we have taken points from every team in the league including your overpaid mob. We have competed well and might not actually go down. I believe all that is a reasonable contribution to the league.

He didn't say you hadn't competed well. He said Ayr wouldn't be missed, which is true.

I still think you've got a shout of staying up tbh but you need a couple of surprise results. Even Rovers away on the final day is very tricky.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He didn't say you hadn't competed well. He said Ayr wouldn't be missed, which is true.

I still think you've got a shout of staying up tbh but you need a couple of surprise results. Even Rovers away on the final day is very tricky.

Correct thanks! 

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I admire the way at some points Ayr have competed and battled well, especially against us but in the grand scheme of things Ayr, like Livi won't really be missed as much as a Raith or saints even Dumbarton would.  Just my opinion mind. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

FTFY

No surprise to read something like this. Mibee ignorant denial helps ease your fans' pain but it won't be forgotten so easily by others. Remind me, what was the total amount Dunfermline were in dept and failed to pay back? 12million or something? Shameful. At least you have a scheme where fans pay 20 quid a month to pay back some of the businesses you ripped off for years...what? They don't get a penny of that either? Class act

Rather support my wee team than a slightly bigger wee team that thinks it's bigger than it is due to top flight appearances, cup finals and European football all bought with stolen money, you must be so proud! At least your hero Masterton gave you those glory night defeats against diddies from Iceland and Sweden lol

No surprise to read something like this. Mibee ignorant denial helps ease your fans' pain but it won't be forgotten so easily by others. Remind me, what was the total amount Dunfermline were in dept and failed to pay back? 12million or something? Shameful. At least you have a scheme where fans pay 20 quid a month to pay back some of the businesses you ripped off for years...what? They don't get a penny of that either? Class act
Rather support my wee team than a slightly bigger wee team that thinks it's bigger than it is due to top flight appearances, cup finals and European football all bought with stolen money, you must be so proud! At least your hero Masterton gave you those glory night defeats against diddies from Iceland and Sweden lol

Sweep and deflect is the Pars mantra

6 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Have to laugh at a supporter of 0p in the pound Dunfermline slag off Livingston. Debtcheats.com

'Shit' ground, part time football, relegation looming large...yes but at least Ayr fans can hold their heads high as their club live within their means. Gets my respect every time over a plastic club with no history like Livi or cheats like Dunfermline who's fans worshipped Masterton and lapped up the 'glory' years until the stolen money run out. Then it's all "his fault" "we had no idea the 10million wasn't our money" lol pish

I've stood behind those goals at Somerset Park more times than I care to remember, I've bought tea at a wee ice cream van thing which is cold by the time I get back to where I was standing due to the freezing weather. I've risked my health entering the urinals that probably haven't changed or been properly cleaned since the 1920's but I still go back, why? Cause I love my club 1st and foremost but for all Somerset is a relic, it is part of history and you can almost feel it, I have respect for Ayr as a club and I have huge respect for their loyal fans, they deserve so much more for not joining the masses of our Country and abandoning their local team to support one of the more 'decorated' ones.

To sum things up, Dunfermline should have died, Livi (or Meadowbank or whatever they are called) should be dead. Maybe their fans should just be grateful they still have a team to support than getting on the backs of others!

9 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sweep and deflect is the Pars mantra

IMG_2548.JPG

The funniest thing is folks who think they are bothering us Pars fans by banging on about mastertons era, we get a right good laugh at you lot seething about it. 

I can't speak for any other folks owed cash from that time, but I accepted 0p in the pound so I can help keep my team alive. Others could have asked for their money back, but chose not to as it would have meant the club folding. 

It's hilarious that you are all raging because Pars fans gave up their right to payment from the club to help it's survival.

I'll bet you lot would demand your cash back and, simply f**k your club over for a few quid eh?  

:lol:

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We wouldn't have put the club into that position in the first place.

And neither would our fans, but when you don't get to see what the "powers that be" are up to until it's too late, the next step is to help save your club in any way you can, wouldn't you say? 

Pars fans "did" save their club by rallying round for the love of DAFC, and happily gave all the time, money, and effort they could to help. 

But hey, small minded people will always have small minded views on this. 

And neither would our fans, but when you don't get to see what the "powers that be" are up to until it's too late, the next step is to help save your club in any way you can, wouldn't you say? 
Pars fans "did" save their club by rallying round for the love of DAFC, and happily gave all the time, money, and effort they could to help. 
But hey, small minded people will always have small minded views on this. 

And I applaud that. No one, not even our rivals would want to see a club disappear, apart from the bigot brothers and Livingston

31 minutes ago, P475 said:

The funniest thing is folks who think they are bothering us Pars fans by banging on about mastertons era, we get a right good laugh at you lot seething about it. 

I can't speak for any other folks owed cash from that time, but I accepted 0p in the pound so I can help keep my team alive. Others could have asked for their money back, but chose not to as it would have meant the club folding. 

It's hilarious that you are all raging because Pars fans gave up their right to payment from the club to help it's survival.

I'll bet you lot would demand your cash back and, simply f**k your club over for a few quid eh?  

:lol:

Would it not have been the case that you,d have got 0 p or next to nothing even if the club folded?

Moving away from Dunfermline's horrible past, we really need to beat Queens next week and most likely Falkirk on the last day now to have any hopes of 8th. Hopefully Queens are in holiday mode and Falkirk will have an eye on the play-offs, but we've nobody but ourselves to blame for letting it get to this stage. Too many chances passed up against the teams around us this season.

Archived