The Relegation Battle

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Who's it going to come down to then? :)

Honestly, tonight will have a big impact. If we take anything from it, including just a point, then I'll fancy our chances of finishing 8th.

I do think you'll beat us, though, and while there'll still be some twists and turns, I think a defeat tonight will see us finishing 9th.

1 minute ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

I wouldn't say so tbh, I haven't rated him for us at all. 

It's almost as if he was rejected by the shittest team in the division.

(But no, I'm surprised - I thought he'd be decent for you.)

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's almost as if he was rejected by the shittest team in the division.

(But no, I'm surprised - I thought he'd be decent for you.)

He's pretty decent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play but never looks like scoring. If we'll ever see a good all round performance from him, it'll be tonight.

Shankland had been reasonably decent for us last year and we hoped he would push on. However he came back after the summer looking about 2 stone overweight and a lazy attitude. I think there is a player in there if he applies himself properly.

He's pretty decent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play but never looks like scoring. If we'll ever see a good all round performance from him, it'll be tonight.

He's got a huge arse and hips; almost child-bearing proportions so naturally he can hold players off. The rest of his game is pretty shite thanks to his lack of mobility. He'll probably score tonight though.

St Mirren fan mentions our excellent, big team support. Pars fans triggered everywhere. Not their real derby though. 

I would say that you are our biggest rivals. However, it's definitely not a derby.

9 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Events at Cappielow certainly tighten things up at the bottom again. Unless Morton can come back and do us all a favour.

I think Dumbarton are probably fine. 8th is worst you'll do. Bottom two teams now are how it'll be at the end - though not necessarily in the order they are now.

On 29/03/2017 at 14:10, virginton said:

Your game in hand is against a vastly superior Morton side at the Theatre of Dreams though, so you'll be getting f**k all from that one. Quite possibly a skelping to your already abysmal goal difference tally as well, sending you plummeting into the seaside leagues.

Hard lines. 

1489951496316.jpg

:lol:

Get it right up you, you dribbling simpleton.

I think Dumbarton are probably fine. 8th is worst you'll do. Bottom two teams now are how it'll be at the end - though not necessarily in the order they are now.

We may well be but there's still lots of work for us to do. All it takes is us not getting a win somewhere and you guys or Ayr getting one (I know you say it's unlikely, but that's how tight it is and it'd be all change.

A win against your good friends from the kingdom on Saturday would be a big relief for us.

Last night was truly massive in terms of our season. 

There is still a lot of hard work to be done though and we're very much still on shaky ground. It'd be a St Mirren trait to get into this position and balls it up so we must make sure that's not going to happen. 

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Last night was truly massive in terms of our season. 

There is still a lot of hard work to be done though and we're very much still on shaky ground. It'd be a St Mirren trait to get into this position and balls it up so we must make sure that's not going to happen. 

There's definitely a few more twists and turns to come and there's no way we'll do this the easy way. Law of averages suggests we're due a defeat - although you could have said that about us being due a win in the first few months of the season.

Last night was great but still a long way to go and hopefully the management will be reminding the players of that.

Archived