The Relegation Battle

Since 2010-11 the highest points total needed to stay up was 40, the lowest 27.

Everybody's already achieved that lower number of points this season.

For everybody bar St Mirren three wins takes them over, or to, the higher one.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Recent form only..?

Over the last 6 games, we've achieved 7 points.

You're predicting us to get 2 from the next 6 games, yet yourselves to get 9 points when you are sitting rock bottom of the league deservedly so.

I honestly believe you will still be bottom of the league at the end of the season.

There's no point sugar-coating it, but if it makes you sleep better at Night then go on and believe that you'll jump above 3 other teams over the next 6 weeks. :lol:

The recent form was referring to Paco's post.. not to my predictions. Anyway, we've got 13 points from our last 6 games including games against Dundee Utd and Hibs so predicting 9 from the next 7 games is hardly crazy. Raith haven't won an away game since October and have 4 of their last 6 away, the other 2 are against in form Morton and then Ayr last day of the season so only obvious chance for you to get a win is that last game. I believe my team will stay up, you believe your team will.. hardly surprising is it.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's almost literally useless to post predictions of how many points you think each team will gain over the final half dozen matches. Especially when you see results like us winning at Morton or St Mirren pumping Hibs.

Agreed but it'll be funny to look back and see how wrong we got it :whistle

Well next week for ayr is absolutely must-win now. That would keep our head above water and have us looking tantalizingly at that final game at raith.

We would need something (three points probably) from three very difficult games in between (Dundee united and hibs at home, Morton away) but that's where we're at now.

Drinking in the last gasp saloon. Oh how much difference a week can make...

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No longer involved in this.
Seems a bit of a shame really.

I am not sure we merited serious discussion in this thread to be honest.

Mid-table has been our destiny for a while, which all things considered we would probably have taken in December.

Delighted with the way todays results went. Ayr and Raith losing was very helpful.

That said, its only good if we can capitalise on it. If we can pick up another couple of wins then we'll be safe. We rode our luck today but it's arguable that we've been unlucky against Morton this season and were due to get something from lady luck. We need to build on today.

We're gonnae hang around the bar a little before deciding to fully join this party or f**k off elsewhere with better snatch.

We're fully committed to this place. We'll be here until we get chucked out the side door and dumped on our arse.

Archived