The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

I recall in the game at ER this season when Tommy T got sent off, McGregor elbowed Hippo and generally threw himself about quite a lot and I can mind thinking he looked a rocket in that game. Was seething it was us down to ten rather than Hibs. Have to also say he doesnt look like losing any physical battles. Hibs centre defence are all units.

Darren McGregor does whatever the f**k he wants, that's why.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think you may well be right with that, can't see anyone wanting to pay compo when he'll be available for free soon enough. Sibbs is a very talented boy, no doubt about that, however he can't seem to put together a run of maybe 4 or more games where he really stands out; may be a confidence thing?

Sibbs had his best season 3 yr ago where he won all the in-house awards and most Poty at most supporters clubs. He performed week in week out that season, since then for me has yet to match that and up until three week ago, he didn't have back to back good games this season. His application, effort and skill at Dumfries recently wasn't near to what I've seen all season from him, he was making it happen and not letting it happen. I still think mid left is his best position, yes he can do it in the middle but not as regular as he can out wide, a fancy overload midfield formation may suit him better in the middle or a club that doesn't require the work rate required at Falkirk.

If Sibbs had continued the form of three seasons ago, he wouldn't still be here now is the truth of the matter and why he is still here.

McGregor's one of my favourite Hibs defenders of all time. Not quick, a bit short for a CB, not great on the ball - and yet I've barely seen him have a bad game. Absolute rock.

Gave away a pen against Hearts (although otherwise had cigars out for 180 minutes) and didn't look too clever in the build up to United's pen in the first Tannadice game. 

Otherwise he's had a great season.

I rate Peter Grant highly and think he is our best saleable asset in the future. If Sibbs can be more consistent then he has the skill level to potentially move onto bigger things. Grant though is a no nonsense CB. Never going to be the next Alan Hansen with the ball at his feet but is great in the air defensively and always an option going forward for free kicks and a great organiser and communicator!

17 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I rate Peter Grant highly and think he is our best saleable asset in the future. If Sibbs can be more consistent then he has the skill level to potentially move onto bigger things. Grant though is a no nonsense CB. Never going to be the next Alan Hansen with the ball at his feet but is great in the air defensively and always an option going forward for free kicks and a great organiser and communicator!

I really rate Grant and think he can step up. With his dad's contacts I expect he will move down south.

Don't know much about McGregor so cannot really comment. Was he at Cowden when he was young ? If he is as good as the lads on here are saying though it's only a matter of time before he gets a move and a place in Wee Strapons squad.

4 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Stop clinging on to winning the cup boyz. It makes no odds to us, we didn't loose out that day. :thumsup2

If I were Hibs I'd be looking at Peter Grant and not Sibbs. A good CB would strengthen your back 4. The boy mcgegeor is a liability.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

I don't watch your every game like yourself so you're in a far better position to judge - but from what I've seen he's extremely clumsy at times. Won't last well in the top flight when you's go up.

giphy.gif

What a man :wub: :wub: :wub:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfhSs1-WHCaT8BxkZsRCr

13 hours ago, MrDust said:

Sibbs had his best season 3 yr ago where he won all the in-house awards and most Poty at most supporters clubs. He performed week in week out that season, since then for me has yet to match that and up until three week ago, he didn't have back to back good games this season. His application, effort and skill at Dumfries recently wasn't near to what I've seen all season from him, he was making it happen and not letting it happen. I still think mid left is his best position, yes he can do it in the middle but not as regular as he can out wide, a fancy overload midfield formation may suit him better in the middle or a club that doesn't require the work rate required at Falkirk.

If Sibbs had continued the form of three seasons ago, he wouldn't still be here now is the truth of the matter and why he is still here.

Hard to argue with that, five full seasons in the big team and still here plus he's nearly 22. basically,  he's a man now. he's still got a lot of experience to gain and improvement to be made but he isn't now going to turn into maradona, a club in England isn't going to buy a player like that from Falkirk to stick him in the development squad like Swansea did with kingsley, fulton and co ( they were all in their teens when they left and have played a handful of games at best) if sibs isn't up to their perceived standard he'll be going nowhere.

I Wouldn't go as far as saying he's been a disappointment that would be harsh but after all the hype about him I think we can firmly forget any ideas that he's going to go on and play for Liverpool or whoever it was who was allegedly watching him at 16

Can't be arsed trawling through to find the quote but did someone really say Hibs couldn't afford the compensation (whatever would be due) for sibbald?

Considering Hearts are only getting maximum £450k for Paterson when he leaves, I think both Hibs and Aberdeen could afford the amount that would be due for Sibbald.

4 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

This thread has been a surprisingly good read. Expected trolls to take over. It's been good natured stuff.

It's because the Falkirk fans aren't as self entitled as they have been the past few years. Mainly because they are shite.

13 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Can't be arsed trawling through to find the quote but did someone really say Hibs couldn't afford the compensation (whatever would be due) for sibbald?

Considering Hearts are only getting maximum £450k for Paterson when he leaves, I think both Hibs and Aberdeen could afford the amount that would be due for Sibbald.

Compensation for Sibbald would be £180k

Personally, I'd be surprised if any Scottish team is willing to pay that for him. Of course Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs(assuming promoted) could afford that...could they get better value elsewhere? Probably 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Compensation for Sibbald would be £180k

Personally, I'd be surprised if any Scottish team is willing to pay that for him. Of course Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs(assuming promoted) could afford that...could they get better value elsewhere? Probably 

We would no doubt accept less with add ons, which might work out a better deal in the long run

I dont think he is a player Lennon would sign as he doesnt run a lot or is big in size and Id be surprised if Aberdeen or Hearts were interested or spending bucks unless he continues scoring goals and performs really well in the play offs. 

29 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Shinnie is not a shitebag fat bhoy. You wouldn't recognise a player if he was in bed with your sister.

You would defend a shitebag though, considering you absolutely shat it from my good self at the back of the east stand a few weeks back. Shitebag. 

Archived