The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be shocked if we weren't interested in Sibbald in a similar deal in which we got John McGinn. Decent little fee with a sell on %. He would fit in well with our team of ballers. He'll get noticed by the Scotland manager playing for us too.

His lack of pace is his only downside imo. 

45 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I would be shocked if we weren't interested in Sibbald in a similar deal in which we got John McGinn. Decent little fee with a sell on %. He would fit in well with our team of ballers. He'll get noticed by the Scotland manager playing for us too.

His lack of pace is his only downside imo. 

I'd like to think he's too good for Hibs but like you say many people would've said the same about McGinn. I don't know if he's got enough about him to go down south.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I could see him at Hibs and I think it'd be a decent move for him. Bigger club, more money, more exposure, higher level and no need to up sticks personally. You'd imagine he'd play as well.

Very good call. 

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I could see him at Hibs and I think it'd be a decent move for him. Bigger club, more money, more exposure, higher level and no need to up sticks personally. You'd imagine he'd play as well.

Sibbs is going to be 22 this year which is young yeah but not a pup any more, he's coming to the end of his fith full season as a first team regular, he might have more in him he might not got to ask why no other clubs have took him so far? I cant see him leaving us to go straight to a big club , think only Swansea do that with our players and none of them really play in their first team anyway.  if he wants to have a career worth remembering he'll need to use a club like hibs as a stepping stone. maybe he'll flourish when surrounded by better players maybe not but at least there will be an answer , if he stays with us much longer he could end up wishing he stuck in at school.

59 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

I'd like to think he's too good for Hibs but like you say many people would've said the same about McGinn. I don't know if he's got enough about him to go down south.

Clearly at the wind up.  Hibernian is natural progression for a player at the likes of Falkirk.  A season or two at a bigger club playing with better players will give him a platform to move on eventually to an even higher level. 

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Sibbs is going to be 22 this year which is young yeah but not a pup any more, he's coming to the end of his fith full season as a first team regular, he might have more in him he might not got to ask why no other clubs have took him so far? I cant see him leaving us to go straight to a big club , think only Swansea do that with our players and none of them really play in their first team anyway.  if he wants to have a career worth remembering he'll need to use a club like hibs as a stepping stone. maybe he'll flourish when surrounded by better players maybe not but at least there will be an answer , if he stays with us much longer he could end up wishing he stuck in at school.

Correct. 

Muirhead, Mckee, Miller and McHugh all start for the development team this afternoon 

McKee off injured before half time.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at Hibs or Aberdeen in the summer. Both would be really good moves for him tbh. Far too good to spend another season carrying our midfield in this league.

A higher level?

its the Falkirk way!! although I feel if we come out fighting and get a few wins on the bounce including this weekend (optimistic I know) then there is no reason we shouldn't be confident about heading towards the playoff games with the squad we have. Would like to see more of McKee, if one up top then I would line up with
          Rogers
Muirhead Luca grant leahy
aird Taiwo McKee hippo
                Sibbs
              Austin
or sibbs on the left and hippo upfront with Austin would cause hibs plenty of problems at the back.

I quite like the look of that side if we do play with one up top. However with McKee off injured in the development game and Muirhead starting I don't think that will happen.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

We are a club with standards and Sibbald's barnet does not match them.

Archived