The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Anyone who applauds a goal scored by the opposition is a despicable cretin. 

Only time I've ever done that was Alan Stubbs funnily enough.  I did applaud a Riordan screamer in the home end/tend behind the goal at Falkirk though. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Anyone who applauds a goal scored by the opposition is a despicable cretin. 

This. 

Also, There are weirdos who sit behind the dugout in the west stand who applaud opposition subs. There should be a list for people like that. 

Gutted I'm not able to make this, but was at the Falkirk game. Wednesday should be an easier affair i think, playing of confidence of Saturday's game with the title in reach. Starting to get more key players back from injury will help with the last push and move us onto the semi. 2-0 Hibs

16 hours ago, Russ said:

Aye I completely agree with this.

Obviously the Hibees who see them week in week out will be in a better position to judge but in games against us I've never been that impressed by McGinn but anytime McGeough plays he's an absolute stand out. There was one game in particular at Easter Road last season where he was just different class against us his use of the ball was fantastic. Him going off injured in the second leg of the play off played a big part in us being able to come back to win imo.

A completely different type of midfielder but always been impressed by Marvin Bartley against us.

Thought Bartley was a bit quieter than usual for a lot of the game but he was like a man possessed in the last 15 mins or so. Properly drove us on to the win. Between his tweet and Keatings' comments, it sounds like one or two of the Falkirk players' mouthiness didn't work out for them brilliantly.

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Just out of interest Hibees, do you think you'll keep the majority of this team if/when you go up? Or would it be a rebuild job with a lot of players leaving?

We've got a pretty good, settled core so I don't think it will be a total rebuild but I can see one or two guys going for money and us needing to do a fair bit of business. Regardless of player sales, we probably need better versions of Boyle and Holt. Plus replacements for the two (non-emergency lol) loans, someone who can cover Gray and then obviously direct replacements for anyone going for cash (most likely Cummings).

Probably six or seven signings needed, minus anyone good enough to step up from the u20s. Feels like the club is generally better run across all areas these days but this will be the first test of whether the recruitment side is a bit more organised and forward thinking than in previous years.

Everytime we've had cash to spend in the last 15 years: Beaker.gif

Hope we can get Rocky signed up as well, he's been solid for us since signing. A younger more mobile strike partner for Cummings if he stays. 

Just some creativity is needed as well. Another winger or two depending on who stays. A Scott Allan type player to replace Shinnie if he doesn't stay.

Gutted I'm not able to make this, but was at the Falkirk game. Wednesday should be an easier affair i think, playing of confidence of Saturday's game with the title in reach. Starting to get more key players back from injury will help with the last push and move us onto the semi. 2-0 Hibs

Are you on smack?

4 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

This. 

Also, There are weirdos who sit behind the dugout in the west stand who applaud opposition subs. There should be a list for people like that. 

Rich coming from a fanny that has a wet dream when cuntic score a goal.

As well as Falkirk have done under Houston, he's a fucking Dinosaur and the way Falkirk play reflects that. I don't blame his players personally for some of the challenges they put in as I've played the game and understand what It's like when you come up against players that are just too good for you. Frustration kicks in and you tend to lose the rag and start being overly physical. Thankfully, football seems to be moving on and i truly believe that the style in which Falkirk employ will be eradicated sooner rather than later.

10 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

As well as Falkirk have done under Houston, he's a fucking Dinosaur and the way Falkirk play reflects that. I don't blame his players personally for some of the challenges they put in as I've played the game and understand what It's like when you come up against players that are just too good for you. Frustration kicks in and you tend to lose the rag and start being overly physical. Thankfully, football seems to be moving on and i truly believe that the style in which Falkirk employ will be eradicated sooner rather than later.

What an actual lot of shite. Embarrassing post.

To be honest I have never thought of us as "hammer throwers" or a physical team, infact quite the contrary and would like to see us be more aggressive. Although the 22 fouls suggests otherwise and then having the best discipline record in the league again backs up my initial thoughts. Maybe we just like kicking f**k out of hibees it seems.

Archived