The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

11 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

You've probably just became desensitized to that style of football having watched it all your days.

There was only one team trying to play football on Saturday and it wasn't the boys in green. The amount of times I seen Grant Holt getting his Wrestlemania on trying to win headers against BS Peter Grant was too much to count. Fvck watching that on a weekly btw.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

To be honest I have never thought of us as "hammer throwers" or a physical team, infact quite the contrary and would like to see us be more aggressive. Although the 22 fouls suggests otherwise and then having the best discipline record in the league again backs up my initial thoughts. Maybe we just like kicking f**k out of hibees it seems.

Exactly this. It's nothing to do with how you play the rest of the time, you actually are a fairly decent football team when you choose to be. A different mindset kicks in when you visit Easter Road, your disciplinary record there compared to the rest of grounds in Scotland must be alarmingly different (and that's without referees even clamping down properly on it)

42 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

There was only one team trying to play football on Saturday and it wasn't the boys in green. The amount of times I seen Grant Holt getting his Wrestlemania on trying to win headers against BS Peter Grant was too much to count. Fvck watching that on a weekly btw.

Behave.

Couldn't quite give a monkeys with what style of football we play. The last two seasons we played it on the deck and amassed only two wins against falkirk, whilst we've got three this season. I'm not saying if we had implemented this style of football from the beginning, with a target man, that we would've won the league or whatever, but I think we would've grounded out a lot more points. Holt isn't great, I think we can all appreciate that, but he's got a job and most of the time he does it effectively, thankfully when he was poor on Saturday we had graham to come on to replace him. 

24 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Feel sorry for that McGeouch in that Hibs team tbh.

Imagine being a decent player in a team who's main tactic is hump it up to big Holt.

Surely will find himself at a more suited team sooner rather than later.

I'm actually in agreement with this. 

15 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

More important than the result imo.

Definitely. Desperate measures and that.

If in doubt, hoofball.

Almost worked for us last year I suppose. Probably why Hibs adopted it.

Just now, BendtnerBairn said:

Just had a private chuckle to myself there at the thought of the Easter Road jubilation when they heard that Morton.... aye, Morton.. had lost at home to The Pars. Incredible.  

Your club sold signed pictures of a win over the new ****. Sit doon.

5 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Just had a private chuckle to myself there at the thought of the Easter Road jubilation when they heard that Morton.... aye, Morton.. had lost at home to The Pars. Incredible.  

The same Morton that are level with you on points and would still be within touching distance of us had they won? Given the fact we play them tomorrow night? That Morton, aye?

8 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

The same Morton that are level with you on points and would still be within touching distance of us had they won? Given the fact we play them tomorrow night? That Morton, aye?

Sounds like you're still panicking a bit about 'that' Morton, Davie Bhoy.

Just now, BendtnerBairn said:

Sounds like you're still panicking a bit about 'that' Morton, Davie Bhoy.

Panicking :lol: Given that we're now 10 points clear with a chance of making it 13 tomorrow? :lol:

Archived