Airdrieonians -vs- Stenhousemuir

Pleased that we won yesterday. I don't think we've enough to get to the play-off's and certainly not enough to do anything if we were to get there.

More pleased that it keeps Stenny bottom. They've rogered us a few times in the last few seasons so I'd be glad to see the back of them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Ryan and Mackay injured we were forced into changing our format yesterday and it worked. It will be interesting to see what happens next week if both of them are fit. Ryan will return if not suspended but I would leave Mackay on the bench and disturb the set up as little as possible. 

5 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Just my opinion, with Brechin and East Fife having a game in hand and with our form/performances I can't see us making it with the remaining games.

Brechin's game in hand is against Alloa on Tuesday as is East Fife's, away to Rovers.

2 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

I've seen some people on our FB page complaining about going with such a defensive setup at home to the bottom team.  Agreed that on the face it that's not what you'd usually want to see, but given the sheer amount of goals we've been conceding lately (not least to Stenhousemuir!) surely something like that made sense.  And it did work, after all.

It would make our game against Airdrie next Sat interesting, so far you've played an attacking game against us and been out scored 4 times, and we've struggled against teams that set up more defensively against us. Might not be pretty to watch but it could get you more points than you've been getting.

With Ryan and Mackay injured we were forced into changing our format yesterday and it worked. It will be interesting to see what happens next week if both of them are fit. Ryan will return if not suspended but I would leave Mackay on the bench and disturb the set up as little as possible. 

Ryan Conroy post match talking about Andy Ryan being out yesterday saying he's a big miss and we'll miss him the next couple of weeks. I do believe there was a suspension due to kick in and having checked on SFA site it isn't due to take effect until 28th March so he'll miss Peterhead, next week will depend on how his injury is. Leitch is suspended next week though. 88c742073588aec8227873766e281e7d.jpg

A disappointing result but not entirely unexpected - Neilly called it right, it's the Warriors Way, and Airdrie were probably due putting one over us this season.

I haven't watched the highlights but I have seen the red-card incident with David Marsh. What a silly thing to do! That's his third red card of the season, that really takes some doing - when was the last time we had a player as reckless as that?

At least Peterhead and Albion Rovers failed to make any significant ground on us. We'll lose at Livingston but we must beat the Rovers at the weekend. If we fail to get a win, I really fear for us. Weird how a couple of bad results can change everything.

Our run in looks quite awkward. Away at Peterhead and Stranraer for example. Of the three away games I we are in the middle of, I think we needed to get one win. We were unlucky at Alloa, but go what we deserved by all accounts on Saturday. Which means we need a win tomorrow night...

Not as confident as I was a couple of weeks ago. 

MW was asked (by our press officer) if he was going down to the press room for interviews, and he said "I'll send a couple of players instead, they deserve the credit".

I was there the whole time the press were in and nobody even spoke to MW, so for them to suggest he "refused an interview" is crap.

25 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

MW was asked (by our press officer) if he was going down to the press room for interviews, and he said "I'll send a couple of players instead, they deserve the credit".

I was there the whole time the press were in and nobody even spoke to MW, so for them to suggest he "refused an interview" is crap.

Sorry Gringo but that whole scenario, added to his general aloof and aggressive demeanour in the dugout, the alleged strop on Tuesday night led by Ryan, the interviewed player's comment about not bypassing the midfield this week, the furore about MW's attack on the fans...

No, you're probably right,  everything is just fine.

Just my opinion but I think it was the right thing for Wilson not to speak to the press. And allow things to calm down. Yes the cracks have been papered over but just lets get to the end of the season by hook or by crook and see what develops from there.

On 3/20/2017 at 13:59, el Gringo said:

Perhaps I misunderstand but he's sent down players to speak to the press instead of doing it himself. That can be construed as a refusal, in the same way the EPL managers do when they send down an assistant. I don't know whether he feels the press stitched him up, re: his shot at the fans, but if he's not speaking to the press it's a sure sign that he's feeling the pressure.

He's perhaps done more tacitly than overtly but it's still a refusal.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 19:20, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes it was offside. Yes Marsh kicked Russell after the aerial challenge. Yes I liked the Berry guy. If the highlights show otherwise I will apologise. We get a win and it is a relief and I don't share the dislike of Russell from some of our fans. As to playoffs I don't see it but with all those 0-0 draws today who knows?

I can just see how the Stenny fan thought it might be onside but the linesman glance across seconds after ball is crossed and the step out worked(just). No doubt about Marsh's kicking off Russell. Tonights results see us level on points/games with Brechin so if I were optimistic it would be all to play for 3/4 place. But I know how expectations can be raised only to meet reality. Will say more after visit to West Lothian

Archived