British Nationalist Media Hysteria re #ScotRef

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Willie, I like you as a poster and you are never scared to nail your colours to the mast.
But, in this case I think you are completely wrong.

"If we had voted yes in 2014........."
If my auntie had baws, she'd be my uncle.

The facts as known at the time were that there was an attempted attack at one of the seats of power in the U.K., it's only sensible that business is suspended elsewhere until the full facts were known.

If my auntie had baws, she'd be my uncle.
The big Jessie

The facts as known at the time were that there was an attempted attack at one of the seats of power in the U.K.
Fair do's, I'm just letting off steam and shit stirring at the same time.

Try it :whistle

2 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Why the f**k should Scotland suspend her parliament because of an incident that happened in London?
Remember, it didnae happen in Westminster parliament, it happened nearby.

He tried to get get into Westminster parliment . The police officer was stabbed near the gates

2 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Why the f**k should Scotland suspend her parliament because of an incident that happened in London?

50 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

He tried to get get into Westminster parliment . The police officer was stabbed near the gates

I could mibbe see the point if a couple of grenades were thrown at the MPs in Parliament but the incident was outside, in the street.
And he wisnae gonnae get far armed wi' a blade.

18 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I could mibbe see the point if a couple of grenades were thrown at the MPs in Parliament but the incident was outside, in the street.
And he wisnae gonnae get far armed wi' a blade.

The officer was stabbed on the grounds of the parliment . If someone was stabbed in the reception of your work would it just carry on as normal ? Never mind an actual terror attack where as we all know the possibility of a co ordinated attack is a high possibility 

The officer was stabbed on the grounds of the parliment . If someone was stabbed in the reception of your work would it just carry on as normal ? Never mind an actual terror attack where as we all know the possibility of a co ordinated attack is a high possibility 

Willie is in a care home for the elderly,so wouldn't affect him.

On 15/03/2017 at 13:35, Fide said:

Newspapers are increasingly just becoming a collection of opinion pieces.  Which is fine, if they advertise themselves as a collection of opinion pieces.  But they pass it off as news and blame a "source" or some random Twitter user.  It's as infuriating as f**k.

I only read newspaper articles posted on here or wings, I don't miss them in the slightest but I'm quite sure I don't know about a fair % of the things that have happened in the world.

21 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Fair do's and I ken whit ye mean.
It's only the amount of hysteria and grief that's pissing me off.
DI Bruce is right it disnae affect me.
There are umpteen fatal incidents occur every day in the world.
I read about them then shake my head and turn the page to a fresh incident.

Because it happened in London disnae make it any closer tae me.

6 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Fair do's and I ken whit ye mean.
It's only the amount of hysteria and grief that's pissing me off.
DI Bruce is right it disnae affect me.
There are umpteen fatal incidents occur every day in the world.
I read about them then shake my head and turn the page to a fresh incident.

Because it happened in London disnae make it any closer tae me.

Well it's naive to think that Scotland is not a potential target either to be quite honest .

13 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Did he? Did he really? By crashing into a fence quite some substantial distance from the nearest entrance to the PoW? Up Abingdon St (?) by the Cromwell statue - or any route from the same side of the river, in all honesty - would have been a more logical route to get near the (heavily guarded) area where entrance/exits are.

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't really have a clue what he was doing, hadn't planned a damned thing and wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

A dangerous nutter, obviously, but this didn't exactly show the degree of planning of Jo Cox's murder, for example. Which actually was a direct attack on our democracy.

18 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Because many MSPs had colleagues and friends who were in Westminster at the time and were probably struggling to give the debate the attention it deserved.

If anything other than independence was up for debate that day, it probably wouldn't have been such an issue but it would have done more harm than good to carry on.

I really don't know why people can't see this. 

15 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Well it's naive to think that Scotland is not a potential target either to be quite honest .

Fair do's

15 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Because many MSPs had colleagues and friends who were in Westminster at the time and were probably struggling to give the debate the attention it deserved.

If anything other than independence was up for debate that day, it probably wouldn't have been such an issue but it would have done more harm than good to carry on.

I really don't know why people can't see this. 

Ditto

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Did he? Did he really? By crashing into a fence quite some substantial distance from the nearest entrance to the PoW? Up Abingdon St (?) by the Cromwell statue - or any route from the same side of the river, in all honesty - would have been a more logical route to get near the (heavily guarded) area where entrance/exits are.

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't really have a clue what he was doing, hadn't planned a damned thing and wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

A dangerous nutter, obviously, but this didn't exactly show the degree of planning of Jo Cox's murder, for example. Which actually was a direct attack on our democracy.

That's my thinking.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Maybe he didn't but that is nothing more than your speculation . What is clear is he went out with murder and terror on his mind .and yes the police officer was killed in the grounds , he ran round to one of the gates and stabbed a police officer trying stop him . 

and I am not really wanting dragged into whatever point you are making regarding jo cox's killer . He was just as much a murdering b*****d as the clown who decided to run people over on a bridge and stab a police officer outside Westminster . None of these cretins are on a higher pedestal than the other one .

He should have used Google to find a manual on what to do.

12 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Maybe he didn't but that is nothing more than your speculation . What is clear is he went out with murder and terror on his mind .and yes the police officer was killed in the grounds , he ran round to one of the gates and stabbed a police officer trying stop him . 

and I am not really wanting dragged into whatever point you are making regarding jo cox's killer . He was just as much a murdering b*****d as the clown who decided to run people over on a bridge and stab a police officer outside Westminster . None of these cretins are on a higher pedestal than the other one .

So, I'm speculating, but you have a clear assessment of what was in his mind. OK, then. I'd be willing to bet that he had no idea what was going through his mind.

The point I am making about the murder of Jo Cox is that, to pluck an example out of thin air, massive Police resources were not mobilised immediately to kick anyone who'd ever met her out of bed and stick them in the local copshop. (Yep, exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

Despite the best efforts of the Media and Government, I've yet to see, either on BBC, ITV, Al J, RT, or any reputable online source, any - and I mean any - clear link which makes this guy anything other than a lone nutter. The media's desperation for a link has led to ISIS basically saying, "aye, OK then he must have been one of ours. Obviously a brave and holy warr...what did you say his name was, again?"

Maybe those whose job it is to inform us about events would be doing better to direct their digging into any MH issues the fella had - I know the vulnerable ones are not only the most susceptible to radicalisation but the least likely to understand what it actually means.

Archived