British Nationalist Media Hysteria re #ScotRef

25 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Despite the best efforts of the Media and Government, I've yet to see, either on BBC, ITV, Al J, RT, or any reputable online source, any - and I mean any - clear link which makes this guy anything other than a lone nutter.

Not my style to agree with you though I'm not sure I've seen/heard much from The Beeb that makes them try and make this a 'connected' terrorist plot.

I have, though, seen plenty of people try to link a British-born, British-raise former church-goer's actions to immigration policy, refugee policy and The EU.  The bit they fail to grasp is that we're perfectly capable of raising our own nutters, thank you.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

So, I'm speculating, but you have a clear assessment of what was in his mind. OK, then. I'd be willing to bet that he had no idea what was going through his mind.

The point I am making about the murder of Jo Cox is that, to pluck an example out of thin air, massive Police resources were not mobilised immediately to kick anyone who'd ever met her out of bed and stick them in the local copshop. (Yep, exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

Despite the best efforts of the Media and Government, I've yet to see, either on BBC, ITV, Al J, RT, or any reputable online source, any - and I mean any - clear link which makes this guy anything other than a lone nutter. The media's desperation for a link has led to ISIS basically saying, "aye, OK then he must have been one of ours. Obviously a brave and holy warr...what did you say his name was, again?"

Maybe those whose job it is to inform us about events would be doing better to direct their digging into any MH issues the fella had - I know the vulnerable ones are not only the most susceptible to radicalisation but the least likely to understand what it actually means.

So what you think he did not drive to London with murder on his mind ? He clearly did . Wether that intention was to run people over on Westminster bridge I obviously can't know but he clearly went to London with the intention of carrying out a terror attack. 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

So what you think he did not drive to London with murder on his mind ? He clearly did . Wether that intention was to run people over on Westminster bridge I obviously can't know but he clearly went to London with the intention of carrying out a terror attack. 

That's not WRK's point, though.  This bloke was clearly a lone nutter and it's tricky to link his actions (sad though they were) to the notion of London being under Sharia law...as some would seek to do.

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

There's absolutely no way that you can make that statement. Where exactly, and more pertinently when exactly would you suggest he made the decision to carry out this act?

What proof, actually, do you have that he was acting in any way rationally?

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There's absolutely no way that you can make that statement. Where exactly, and more pertinently when exactly would you suggest he made the decision to carry out this act?

What proof, actually, do you have that he was acting in any way rationally?

He ran towards the house of parliment brandishing a knife and plunged into the first police officer who tried to block him from entry . Think if someone tries to force themselves into houses of parliment manicly brandishing a knife then it's pretty clear they have not planned a day trip to see Big Ben 

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's not WRK's point, though.  This bloke was clearly a lone nutter and it's tricky to link his actions (sad though they were) to the notion of London being under Sharia law...as some would seek to do.

I have not said anything about him being linked or not linked to Isis or about London being under sharia law though kinky . All I said was he tried to get into Westminster parliment . Which he clearly did, wrk seems to think otherwise from what I can gather

Think we can say there was a certain amount of planning went into this. The murdering p***k knew exactly where to get his car off the pavement before it hit the barriers in that area.

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

He ran towards the house of parliment brandishing a knife and plunged into the first police officer who tried to block him from entry . Think if someone tries to force themselves into houses of parliment manicly brandishing a knife then it's pretty clear they have not planned a day trip to see Big Ben 

Have you ever been in that area? Seen the normal, regular security presence? When it comes to attacks on the very seat of Democracy, if you're going to start, alone, from the other side of the Thames, and arm yourself with nothing more than a blade, I'd be inclined to suggest you haven't exactly planned, well, anything. I would, in all honesty, say that I was in more danger from extremists on Wednesday than any MP in the PoW. And I was on a rest day.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Have you ever been in that area? Seen the normal, regular security presence? When it comes to attacks on the very seat of Democracy, if you're going to start, alone, from the other side of the Thames, and arm yourself with nothing more than a blade, I'd be inclined to suggest you haven't exactly planned, well, anything. I would, in all honesty, say that I was in more danger from extremists on Wednesday than any MP in the PoW. And I was on a rest day.

Just because he never had the knowledge of the area or was well planned does not mean he never had the intention of doing something ffs . He traveled to London equipped with two knives . What do you think his plans were ? To make a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Just because he never had the knowledge of the area or was well planned does not mean he never had the intention of doing something ffs . He traveled to London equipped with two knives . What do you think his plans were ? To make a sandwich 

You're proper reaching now, wee man. There is a certain section of society who never go anywhere without their knives, or worse, for "protection".

Have a look at a plan/map of the area. See where he started from, where he crashed, where the murder took place, where the entrances/exits of the building are - with close attention to where the MPs actually meet - and then find a few images of the outside area, paying particular attention to the placement of barriers, fences and police officers. Remind yourself of the time the attack took place.

Now tell me this was a planned terrorist attack on Parliament.

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You're proper reaching now, wee man. There is a certain section of society who never go anywhere without their knives, or worse, for "protection".

Have a look at a plan/map of the area. See where he started from, where he crashed, where the murder took place, where the entrances/exits of the building are - with close attention to where the MPs actually meet - and then find a few images of the outside area, paying particular attention to the placement of barriers, fences and police officers. Remind yourself of the time the attack took place.

Now tell me this was a planned terrorist attack on Parliament.

Yes I am the one reaching here 

he clearly had the intention of carrying out some form of attack .

So tell us what do you think his intentions were when he headed to London armed with two knives and decided to drive on the pavement of a bridge which all just happened to take place outside the houses of parliment. Which he tried to enter brandishing a knife .

47 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

You aren't serious are you?The car was probably damaged from hitting the people on the bridge and came to crash where it did through accident damage. He then immediately went towards the area where most MP's enter parliament, corroborated by media reports and the actual incident itself, the gate/bollard was lowered as the acting commissioner of the Met had just driven into the place.

The incident happened at the busiest time of the week for parliament and one of the only times of the week where we can guarantee that the PM and the cabinet are there.

It happened at the time of day when there are most likely to be media, tourists and members of the public and MP's spilling out of the building.

You can't honestly think this wasnt planned out?

This attack was exactly what Isis had been calling on radicals to do, lone wolf vehicle attacks. Just google 'isis call for lone wolf attacks' and there are several articles from decent journalists not just daily mail types, with direct quotation from isis calling for the exact thing which occurred.

These kind of attacks are exactly what isis want, easy to execute, hard to detect, they've moved on from the bomb plots etc and now just want to cause fear anywhere.

This attack wasnt spur of the moment in the slightest.

Im not one to normally agree with our more Rangers minded posters but you're having a mare here.

So, it was a planned attack on Parliament? Why, then, did he mount the pavement closer to the far side of the Thames? Why not cross the river normally, then try and get as close as he could to the PoW?

If he meant to attack MPs, why carry out the attack when the House was sitting? There would be few, if any, leaving the House on foot at that time - and any that there were would have been around a hundred yards from where he totalled his vehicle, on the other side of a lot - an awful lot - of human and structural security.

This type of attack may well be "easy to execute", but apparently well without this particular individual's capacity to perform.

If there had been any accomplices, firearms or, God forbid, explosives involved, I would be more inclined to believe that there was some planning or organisation involved. But no, he hasn't even been reported as shouting any slogans, which is a recurring theme with islamist extremists.

You keep reading, watching and believing the media - I'll make my own mind up.

57 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yes I am the one reaching here 

he clearly had the intention of carrying out some form of attack .

So tell us what do you think his intentions were when he headed to London armed with two knives and decided to drive on the pavement of a bridge which all just happened to take place outside the houses of parliment. Which he tried to enter brandishing a knife .

As some wit pointed out, if that blade had been half a mile longer, the Queen would have been in danger.

And if everyone in this country who carries a knife is planning to carry out some form of attack, then Dizzy Lizzy Truss better get more Prisons than she's planned built - and pronto.

I can only think that Mr Masood did exactly what he planned apart from killing more people, and hopefully, in his mind, the Prime Minister, or some other bigwigs. It wasn't a difficult thing, no need for detailed instructions from HQ in Raqqa if he was ever in contact with them. An unarmed policeman fucked his plan up and gave time for the c**t to be shot dead before he got any further. 

7 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As some wit pointed out, if that blade had been half a mile longer, the Queen would have been in danger.

And if everyone in this country who carries a knife is planning to carry out some form of attack, then Dizzy Lizzy Truss better get more Prisons than she's planned built - and pronto.

What the f**k are you even talking about here ?

Meanwhile, back in #scotref ...

There is a perfectly usable thread on Westminster in GN. Would be helpful to take all this pish over there and leave us to get on with actual or perceived media bias. I thank you. 

On 24/03/2017 at 22:29, kilbowie2002 said:

You aren't serious are you?The car was probably damaged from hitting the people on the bridge and came to crash where it did through accident damage. He then immediately went towards the area where most MP's enter parliament, corroborated by media reports and the actual incident itself, the gate/bollard was lowered as the acting commissioner of the Met had just driven into the place.

The incident happened at the busiest time of the week for parliament and one of the only times of the week where we can guarantee that the PM and the cabinet are there.

It happened at the time of day when there are most likely to be media, tourists and members of the public and MP's spilling out of the building.

You can't honestly think this wasnt planned out?

This attack was exactly what Isis had been calling on radicals to do, lone wolf vehicle attacks. Just google 'isis call for lone wolf attacks' and there are several articles from decent journalists not just daily mail types, with direct quotation from isis calling for the exact thing which occurred.

These kind of attacks are exactly what isis want, easy to execute, hard to detect, they've moved on from the bomb plots etc and now just want to cause fear anywhere.

This attack wasnt spur of the moment in the slightest.

Im not one to normally agree with our more Rangers minded posters but you're having a mare here.

Yeah, I'll just go do that?

I really fancied getting flagged at GCHQ. Since you did that has there been any strange vehicles appearing in your street , strange hollow noises on your telephone calls or furniture not where you left it?

(I agree with your post by the way just watching what I look for on Google)

Archived