British Nationalist Media Hysteria re #ScotRef

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I used the phrase on another thread shortly before you posted this to describe one of Fide's comments, and I'm a yes voter, so I hope this post didn't come from that. Not everyone who disagrees with something you say is on the opposite side as you.

FWIW the majority of the population are economically illiterate, regardless of what side they're on.

How fucking dare you.

Sir, a duel!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I used the phrase on another thread shortly before you posted this to describe one of Fide's comments, and I'm a yes voter, so I hope this post didn't come from that. Not everyone who disagrees with something you say is on the opposite side as you.

FWIW the majority of the population are economically illiterate, regardless of what side they're on.

Nah, not at all.

It's just one of those phrases that I've noticed a lot of people like to aim at people (not just when talking about independence) when they themselves don't really know what they're talking about.

I'm sure there are lots of folk who do understand a bit about economics but there are tonnes of unionists out there who come away with stuff like "The economic arguments in the White Paper just didn't add up for me" and everyone knows fine well they never read it and wouldn't have understood most of the economic material in it anyway. They heard a unionist say that on the telly and are repeating it to make themselves look more intelligent and informed - that's the kind of usage I was taking aim at.

I'd agree with you about the majority of the population and I wouldn't try to paint myself as an expert in that area at all either.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Then why adopt an arrogant tone then if you admit to not being an expert yourself?

You might have a PhD but your debating ability is in the gutter.

Where was my tone arrogant?

Given that the prevailing opinion on here is either that you're a troll, a fantasist, a moron, an absolute twat, or a combination of the four, how do you rate your debating ability?

6 hours ago, Fide said:

Speaking of which.  Check the nick of Scotland in Union outside the SNP conference.

Always nice to see some angry, old, white unionists.

C7HuljkXwAANL0Q.jpg

If they really believe in saying Yes to a United Scotland surely they should get behind the Scottish Government? And brown shoes don't go with dark trousers. 4 guys with specs two of whom get free eye tests in a devolved Scotland. They should pay to comply with their precious Union policies.

7 hours ago, Fide said:

Speaking of which.  Check the nick of Scotland in Union outside the SNP conference.

Always nice to see some angry, old, white unionists.

C7HuljkXwAANL0Q.jpg

Unfortunately puns and stuff written on the side of trailers had Brexiteers lapping away like me on Kate Upton's fanny.

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Nah, not at all.

It's just one of those phrases that I've noticed a lot of people like to aim at people (not just when talking about independence) when they themselves don't really know what they're talking about.

I'm sure there are lots of folk who do understand a bit about economics but there are tonnes of unionists out there who come away with stuff like "The economic arguments in the White Paper just didn't add up for me" and everyone knows fine well they never read it and wouldn't have understood most of the economic material in it anyway. They heard a unionist say that on the telly and are repeating it to make themselves look more intelligent and informed - that's the kind of usage I was taking aim at.

I'd agree with you about the majority of the population and I wouldn't try to paint myself as an expert in that area at all either.

Any economist worth his/her salt should know there are so many variables involved that nothing is a definite. As soon as people start talking about definites I know they are talking shite. As a graduate in that very subject there is nothing more infuriating than getting told that you know f**k all about the subject off someone that has done 1 year of economics at University/read below the line on the Guardian website for approximately 5 seconds. 

The worst people are the people that didn't finish the full course though, because they never found out that it all comes together in the final year but still think they know everything about the subject. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Given that I don't abuse every poster, unlike you, I'd say it was considerably better.

Other posters not liking my posts has nothing to do with trolling. It's simply because I hold different opinions to them and apparently that is a modern day sin amongst the Snowflakes. Having a different opinion to people is not trolling. Having strong opinions is not trolling. Calling someone an absolute moron certainly IS trolling.

Oh and if you don't realise that your last sentence is yet another example of arrogance then frankly there's nothing I can to help you.

Your head's well and truly gone pal.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In order for my head to have well and truly gone I would need to be brainless enough to post vicious personal abuse all over a public forum using my own first name and then tell everyone I had a PhD in a highly niche area and then tell them which University I studied it at so that I could be found identified about 5 minutes by someone with half a brain given that most supervisors have this annoying habit of publicising who their former students are. Of course my head could have well and truly gone to the extent that I was posting that stuff and HAPPY that people could easily identify me.

If I did that then yes I suppose I would have to agree that my head had well and truly gone.

Bloody hell Dr Oak, calm down or take a break from the forum. And stop being such a c**t to people who are struggling in their lives, or doing brilliantly with less than a first class degree.

In order for my head to have well and truly gone I would need to be brainless enough to post vicious personal abuse all over a public forum using my own first name and then casually release enough personal information to let everyone with half a brain know how I could be easily traced.

If I did that then I would have to concede that my head truly had gone.

You're quite creepy tbh.

I think you need to wrap your head around the idea that people aren't ridiculing your posts because they have different opinions from you, it's more that you come across really badly - an angry old man with a chip on their shoulder.

For example, you talk a lot about education in Scotland and make absolutist statements about an area you clearly know nothing about - as someone who has worked in education on both sides of the border I could easily go into a long post pointing out that whilst the Scottish schooling system does have plenty of problems, one that you particularly bring up - "teaching to the test" is far less prevalent than in England (where I am currently based) for numerous reasons.

I could happily go into this as it is a subject that interests me but you are completely entrenched in your views and your posts have a sneering arrogance (with no discernible justification) that it would be a waste of my time.

As to the point about yes voters arrogance - yes there are some utter roasters. This is well documented and most yes voters roundly condemn this. As a scotsman living in London though, I can tell you first hand of the sneering, commonplace arrogance that exists towards independence leaning Scots here - as an example, at the "Lets stay together" rally in Trafalgar Square before the last referendum, I was spat at, called a nazi, anti-English, a retard and others simply because I had the audacity to disagree when Bob Geldof invoked the murder of David Haines as some sort of reason that we should all remain as part of the U.K. I'm not going to make it a cornerstone of reason for voting yes though, that would be idiotic, in the same way that anyone who votes no would be idiotic for thinking that some yes voters were arrogant - an argument I've seen used too often sadly, even by members of my own family.

Sorry for the essay length post, you don't really deserve it tbh.

The British media seem to be shiteing it. All the old scare stories are coming back with a few new ones added to the collection. Blatant lies are not being countered and nigel farages smirking face is popping up everywhere.

Add to that my Facebook feed has a fair amount of hate for sturgeon, 'SHE doesn't speak for me', 'once in a generation', 'worse off than greece'.

Looks like poor Gordon will be getting the Skidmarks treatment on Monday - called into the boss' office to laugh at a furious meltdown written by some anonymous roaster.

Please ask for a copy to forward on to your P&B pals, Gord. Every line's guaranteed to be comedy gold.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

TBH I feel sorry for you Gordon.

I don't know too many people with a PhD in something as technically difficult as Chemical Physics (our PhDs are more similar than you would think) who are still so racked with self esteem issues that they simply cannot accept or even tolerate those with differing opinions from theirs. You are one of them though.

It's a shame that you don't recognise the problem with the way you talk down to and abuse people the way you do but this is your problem not mine.

Tell you what though. I am prepared to bet that face to face you are actually respectful to other people because let's face it, most people wouldn't call others names straight to their face unless they fancied being out of a job pretty sharpish. Your treatment of others online is another matter. Only you can possibly know why that is.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In order for my head to have well and truly gone I would need to be brainless enough to post vicious personal abuse all over a public forum using my own first name and then tell everyone I had a PhD in a highly niche area and then tell them which University I studied it at so that I could be found identified about 5 minutes by someone with half a brain given that most supervisors have this annoying habit of publicising who their former students are. Of course my head could have well and truly gone to the extent that I was posting that stuff and HAPPY that people could easily identify me.

If I did that then yes I suppose I would have to agree that my head had well and truly gone.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In order for my head to have well and truly gone I would need to be brainless enough to post vicious personal abuse all over a public forum using my own first name and then casually release enough personal information to let everyone with half a brain know how I could be easily traced.

If I did that then I would have to concede that my head truly had gone.

I think we can come to the easy-to-reach-conclusion that your head has indeed gone. 

What a complete mess of a poster you are :lol:

Given that I don't abuse every poster, unlike you, I'd say it was considerably better.
Other posters not liking my posts has nothing to do with trolling. It's simply because I hold different opinions to them and apparently that is a modern day sin amongst the Snowflakes. Having a different opinion to people is not trolling. Having strong opinions is not trolling. Calling someone an absolute moron certainly IS trolling.
Oh and if you don't realise that your last sentence is yet another example of arrogance then frankly there's nothing I can to help you.

Says he's not trolling.

Calls those who disagree with him snowflakes.

Cranial detachment confirmed.

Archived