British Nationalist Media Hysteria re #ScotRef

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I think the only people that haven't yet figured out what utter shite newspapers have become is the older generation.

Remember a guy at my work (around 50) slapping his copy of the DR and saying "I knew I was right to vote no"

Headline was some nonsense that basically implied if we had voted yes in 2014 we would all be unemployed and living on the streets by now.

I didn't even bother trying to explain that just because the Record says it doesn't make it true.

Remember a guy at my work (around 50) slapping his copy of the DR and saying "I knew I was right to vote no"
Headline was some nonsense that basically implied if we had voted yes in 2014 we would all be unemployed and living on the streets by now.
I didn't even bother trying to explain that just because the Record says it doesn't make it true.

They are the best type,i usually just ask them if Craig Whytes a billionaire

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

Wonder how the britnat media is going to spin Theresa May's assault on democracy today.

You know the Express is going to go with "May SLAPS DOWN Sturgeon" headline.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

35f079f15553af43dd49a929d24c39f0.jpg

"Lovebombing"

Some lass is winding him up on twitter and he's loving the attention clearly.

Can someone get the cranium re-attachment device from the gen nonsense forum, the boy's perma-raging.

On 15 March 2017 at 11:23, Karl Fletcher said:

As posted elsewhere the lunatic fringe of the Unionist Media are back with a bang.

As it should be a sideshow to the wider debate around independence perhaps it's best to confine their drivel to one thread where it can be discussed and debunked.

It's barely been two days since the announcement but here's what we're up against so far.

express

mail

Telegraph front page

Don't see much debunking going on. Just some pictures then a rant. What's inaccurate about the stories please ?

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

The correct course that this exchange should take is that you take the assertions and provide evidence for them.  Not hearsay.

Once you've done that the opposition should respond, so, you first.

Shit-throwing is loaded and deliberately mis-leading.

No sir / ma'am

the first post was an assertion that the media are all out to stir up anti yes sentiment. The thread was asking people to then debunk the stories. I don't see much debunking going on, just some images then a lot of lemmings agreeing at the disgrace. What in the content is made up or wrong ?

3 minutes ago, orlandoblue said:

No sir / ma'am

the first post was an assertion that the media are all out to stir up anti yes sentiment. The thread was asking people to then debunk the stories. I don't see much debunking going on, just some images then a lot of lemmings agreeing at the disgrace. What in the content is made up or wrong ?

Sturgeon hasn't abandoned any bid to stay in the EU.

Scots haven't rejected second vote.

Scotland hasn't turned against Europe.

Without substantive and clear evidence to the contrary, what I've said above is as authoritative as the original headlines and stories.

22 minutes ago, orlandoblue said:

Don't see much debunking going on. Just some pictures then a rant. What's inaccurate about the stories please ?

All the headlines are complete pish.

HTH. 

Thought both the BBC and STV down played May's comments on not agreeing to the indy ref to soften the blow. 

SNP and the Greens need to ramp up the anger over this disgraceful decision

3 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Angry unionists..........

What's new?

Speaking of which.  Check the nick of Scotland in Union outside the SNP conference.

Always nice to see some angry, old, white unionists.

C7HuljkXwAANL0Q.jpg

On 15/03/2017 at 15:54, Gordon EF said:

Unionists love to use the term 'economically illiterate'. I have serious suspicions that most of the folk banding that around are barely mathematically literate.

I used the phrase on another thread shortly before you posted this to describe one of Fide's comments, and I'm a yes voter, so I hope this post didn't come from that. Not everyone who disagrees with something you say is on the opposite side as you.

FWIW the majority of the population are economically illiterate, regardless of what side they're on.

Archived