Today's internal jukebox

In the last couple of days ‘Yes Sir I Can Boogie’ for obvious reasons, and ‘I Want Candy’ because my granddaughter was singing it despite only knowing the three words in the title.

I really don’t want either of these songs in my head.

2 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I’ve found myself humming the intro/rift to “We Gotta Get Out of This Place” by The Animals on multiple occasions over the last two weeks. 
Not the words or the chorus, just the “Bum, ba ba ba ba ba ba” bit.

I think that's the bassline on the verses - it's a killer bassline, and Eric Burdon's vocals are well moody. 

• 10 months later...

Awoken at two in the morning and I (perhaps disturbingly) have this thing stuck in my head, which I haven't heard in many a year. 

Absolutely no f***ing idea why.

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is currently doing the rounds in Kate Bush-like remerged fashion seeing as I've heard it on the radio a fair few times of late, but I've found myself whistling this bast*rd tune for the past two days:

Edited by Hedgecutter

Iron & Wine's cover of the Flaming Lips' "Waiting For Superman", which is the worst, most cynical thing ever committed to vinyl; solely designed to be played in a darkened-room shot of some terrible thing about 30something white upper middle class Americans that E4 have picked up while some 'unconventionally attractive' (translate: absolutely stunning) actress looks a bit sad into the middle distance and I quite like it and I hate myself for that now.

• 7 months later...