Stranraer v Livingston

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats why they will be champions. Thats twice at stair park where livi have beaten us with late goals. 0-0 would have been fair in tough conditions. Looked like a mishit shot setup buchanan to score.

David Hopkin, tactical genius, brought him on upfront, we get the goal and send him back to see out the game :P

Absolutely dreadful game, 0-0 probably would have been fair but after last week when we lost when we should've won I couldn't care less.

Massive win and Alloa dropping points "takes the heat off" again. 

Yep, valuable 3 points after Alloa had closed our lead to 7 points. Next 2 games are against teams we've won comfortably against, though we can't take anything for granted, every game needs the right attitude or we can just as easily lose it.

Draw would have been the right result - Stranraer matched Livingston throughout without creating that much in the way of clear cut chances. Wasn't a lot of goalmouth action at either end although I wouldn't have said it was a terrible game. When the goal went in my automatic reaction was to look for an offside flag - will reserve judgement on whether it was offside till I see the footage (not as if I was looking along the line when ball came in) but it wouldn't surprise me if we were robbed. After that decision the ref lost the plot for about 5 minutes and let's just say the linesman involved didn't hang about at the final whistle. 

Livingston are clearly the leagues best team - solid in defence and a wee bit sharper in forward areas than other teams. Our play off chances probably died today but that's not Stevie Farrolls fault. Our performances and recent results would suggest we should be fine in terms of relegation but a quick look at the table still shows we need to be very careful.

Best players for me today - Robertson, Thomson, Bell and Belford - generally defensive players as we didn't create enough going forward. That was always going to be difficult though so Stranraer fans shouldn't be downhearted. We have improved a lot!

Yep League over now and it's all about promotion and relegation playoff places.Still think Stranraer have a small chance of promotion playoff chance,cannot see us getting relegated,playing much better now and have a favourable run of games coming up,although it doesn't always work out like that.As for champions Livi big improvement needed to stay up,if they don't strengthen big time they will be down quicker than Monica Lewinsky,get ready for a few losses next season Lions fans,not half as good as Dunfermline last season and even they are struggling in the Championship,probably have to hope Ayr survive.But well done Livi another full time team win this League,us small boys are used to it.

Yep League over now and it's all about promotion and relegation playoff places.Still think Stranraer have a small chance of promotion playoff chance,cannot see us getting relegated,playing much better now and have a favourable run of games coming up,although it doesn't always work out like that.As for champions Livi big improvement needed to stay up,if they don't strengthen big time they will be down quicker than Monica Lewinsky,get ready for a few losses next season Lions fans,not half as good as Dunfermline last season and even they are struggling in the Championship,probably have to hope Ayr survive.But well done Livi another full time team win this League,us small boys are used to it.

Don't think we have won the league yet. We are in a great position to do so, but I'm not celebrating until we actually win the league. There's still 2 part time teams in the running!

Ginger Mourinho does it again. It was enjoyable to see the keeper giving out abuse to the crowd and then greeting at the end, just glorious.

Don't compare us to a team that took three years to get out this league please.

Just now, Car54wherareyou said:

Dunno Ayr Utd are shite and they aren't down yet, I think we'll be fine with a few tweeks here and there..

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

David Hopkin, tactical genius, brought him on upfront, we get the goal and send him back to see out the game :P

Absolutely dreadful game, 0-0 probably would have been fair but after last week when we lost when we should've won I couldn't care less.

Massive win and Alloa dropping points "takes the heat off" again. 

Yep we were robbed against East Fife last week so no qualms about taking all 3 points today when we didn't deserve them.

Stole by linesman.

Onside. Livingston forward did what all good forwards do and was on the move. Our defence was flat footed. The appeals were just out of frustration.
Stranraer were decent defensively but if you don't create chances you won't score goals, don't score goal you won't win games .

Have to say my initial reaction was offside but couldn't care less if it was or not, he put the ball in the net and waited to see afterwards. 

We've been on the end of 1 or 2 dodgy calls this season so as the old cliche goes, it all evens itself out, or so they say. 

Pretty much agree with everything that's been said, it was an even game with very little goalmouth action although Halkett had a free header that he should've done better with, can't remember Stranraer doing much other than a couple long range efforts either mind you. 

Next season, I think we probably need 4 or 5 for us to compete, a goalkeeper, another CB, a RB, another winger and a striker.

Archived