No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

6 minutes ago, parahandy1 said:

Is that London 2012 or some future sports UK funding?

You are mixing debt and deficit numbers and trying to offset annual budgets with whole of life project costs. 32 years of WM refurb works out at 20m annually for Scotland although in fairness they should get it done in a fraction of that time. The Hinkley C costs are recovered from bill payers through the wholesale price agreement. London sewers are being funded about 50/50 by bill payers and private investment companies, with the govt/tax payer only being asked to act as insurer/backstop on cost overruns.

HS2 - I would like to see that come all the way up here and not just stop in Leeds, I am guessing that might double the construction bill.

Like I said, neither list is finite.  There will be more savings to be made and more industries to generate wealth in an iScotland.

36 minutes ago, parahandy1 said:

Is that London 2012 or some future sports UK funding?

You are mixing debt and deficit numbers and trying to offset annual budgets with whole of life project costs. 32 years of WM refurb works out at 20m annually for Scotland although in fairness they should get it done in a fraction of that time. The Hinkley C costs are recovered from bill payers through the wholesale price agreement. London sewers are being funded about 50/50 by bill payers and private investment companies, with the govt/tax payer only being asked to act as insurer/backstop on cost overruns.

HS2 - I would like to see that come all the way up here and not just stop in Leeds, I am guessing that might double the construction bill.

There's vast savings to be made, we are tied to a large state that spends an awful lot of money on shite we never voted for like nukes and wars. We have paid our share of both Iraq wars, Afghan war, Olympics, soon to be trident, HS2, London sewers, we paid our share of a big military that we would never need or want in an indy Scotland, we paid our share of the new frigates, carriers and the rest. If you honestly think Scotland will take 10% of the debt without taking these things into account then you're havering, also taking into account that 400bn is quantitive easing owed to ourselves. All of this wastage has resulted in paying interest on debt, this DOES affect our deficit. It will only get worse, not better unless we break away from a right wing country 10x larger than ourselves. We would also get full share of all BOE reserves and any other assets. There's a reason the UK wants to keep us show much. 5 years of independence will show just how many positives there are in the Scottish economy and just how financially inept the UK has been for decades. 

3 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

There's vast savings to be made, we are tied to a large state that spends an awful lot of money on shite we never voted for like nukes and wars. We have paid our share of both Iraq wars, Afghan war, Olympics, soon to be trident, HS2, London sewers, we paid our share of a big military that we would never need or want in an indy Scotland, we paid our share of the new frigates, carriers and the rest. If you honestly think Scotland will take 10% of the debt without taking these things into account then you're havering, also taking into account that 400bn is quantitive easing owed to ourselves. All of this wastage has resulted in paying interest on debt, this DOES affect our deficit. It will only get worse, not better unless we break away from a right wing country 10x larger than ourselves. We would also get full share of all BOE reserves and any other assets. There's a reason the UK wants to keep us show much. 5 years of independence will show just how many positives there are in the Scottish economy and just how financially inept the UK has been for decades. 

Since 2006 the BoE has funded foreign currency reserves by issuing medium-term securities. The 400Bn QE you talk of has a matching liability so the balance sheet is neutral and so there's no asset to divvy up. The BoE may decide never to repay the QE debt but it would still have to convert it into a perpetual irredeemable gilt which sits on the balance sheet cancelling out the asset.

12 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Guys i thought i was being told in 2014 Scotland was minted and we would be one of the richest countries in the world ? Im confused...

I thought I was being told in 2014 that staying within the United Kingdom guaranteed our membership of the European Union. I'm confused... 

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

Guys i thought i was being told in 2014 Scotland was minted and we would be one of the richest countries in the world ? Im confused...

We'll never know, will we. You and the rest of the No voters made sure of that in the short to medium term.

Your No vote made sure that we're looking pretty well fu*ked now, though.

Try looking at Norway n Scotland.....see which one makes more out of oil revenue....despite one having wayyyy more oil then come back....

5 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Whataboutery.Im confused...

Your arse.  Drewdon's reply was a perfectly valid response to your post.  Claiming whataboutery is more and more the fallback of the person who is losing the argument and has nowhere to go.

There's no point debating with the likes of loondave1. He'd still vote NO even if the UK government conscripted four year olds and sent them to clear mines in Syria, or privatised fresh air and had us all wandering about wearing metered air tanks.

It's a guts thing with him. Reason doesn't come into it.

18 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

There's no point debating with the likes of loondave1. He'd still vote NO even if the UK government conscripted four year olds and sent them to clear mines in Syria, or privatised fresh air and had us all wandering about wearing metered air tanks.

It's a guts thing with him. Reason doesn't come into it.

:lol:

Reminds me of the The Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party in Blackadder, whose policies included:

- The compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast

- Free corsets for the under-fives

- The abolition of slavery

Seriously guys your telling me if we had voted YES the being minted bit was true but 3 years later its not because we voted NO ? What actually happened to all that "wealth" in less than 3 years and how is its disappearance related to the NO vote ?

Seriously guys your telling me if we had voted YES the being minted bit was true but 3 years later its not because we voted NO ? What actually happened to all that "wealth" in less than 3 years and how is its disappearance related to the NO vote ?

The wealth is been 'pooled and shared' with right wing English shit holes

Try looking at Norway n Scotland.....see which one makes more out of oil revenue....despite one having wayyyy more oil then come back....

All right then if i accept that we would have been a "very wealthy" nation etc etc where has it gone since 2014 and im not interested in what went on in the 1970s just what dramatic change occured since the Indy vote.I am beginning to suspect there was no vast wealth ?

Your arse.  Drewdon's reply was a perfectly valid response to your post.  Claiming whataboutery is more and more the fallback of the person who is losing the argument and has nowhere to go.

More whataboutery Fide ? Where has all the riches gone in less than 3 years ? Simple enough question that doesn't need some Brexit based guff involved in the answer.

The wealth is been 'pooled and shared' with right wing English shit holes

Now if that was actually true surely when Indy comes it will stop and we can become one of the richest countries in the world as promised.Strangely though the SNP have moved away from that position to a more "it will be hard" line of promotion.I suspect it may have been guff.