How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

What facts about an independent Scotland are there?

None at the moment. Anyone with a rational mind will need a coherent plan for the future before deciding how to vote. We haven't had anything on currency, relations with the EU or rUK, or debt and asset distribution yet. I fully expect we will do before the referendum.

None at the moment. Anyone with a rational mind will need a coherent plan for the future before deciding how to vote. We haven't had anything on currency, relations with the EU or rUK, or debt and asset distribution yet. I fully expect we will do before the referendum.

Don't care. Still voting Yes

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If your only concern is your pocket in the immediate short term then I'd agree with you. The only thing really left to debate are the economics. The UK is a nasty, nasty place and is heading down an even nastier path. I'll be happy when we leave it.

how good a sample of Scottish football fans are the P&B forums??

I don't know about the other clubs but IMHO the worst elements of the largest 2 Glasgow clubs are under represented on this site.

Although I believe most of the angry catholic celtic types would not vote "no" i doubt they could be counted on to actually turn up and vote.

On the rule britannia side, i think the voter turnout will be close to 100%.

So although the P&B referendum result so far makes me a little happier.... I'm not overly confident of a yes win.

Do you think that the majority of football fans in Scotland will vote yes?

Just now, NotThePars said:

If your only concern is your pocket in the immediate short term then I'd agree with you. The only thing really left to debate are the economics. The UK is a nasty, nasty place and is heading down an even nastier path. I'll be happy when we leave it.

Me too. I'm not going to slag anyone off for sitting on the fence when so little is known though. There has to be a more pragmatic case for independence made than there was last time, and waverers should be encouraged rather than dismissed as lost causes.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Me too. I'm not going to slag anyone off for sitting on the fence when so little is known though. There has to be a more pragmatic case for independence made than there was last time, and waverers should be encouraged rather than dismissed as lost causes.

Of course. 

here's my reasons (simplified) for voting yes

• Why would any conservative party fight tooth and nail to keep us "scrounging jocks" in the union, when they have no prospect of us ever voting for them. Economically if this is the case then why not cast us adrift? GERS can't be painting the full picture in our contributions to the UK coffers (I know it was never meant to). 
  • The "vow" was renegaded on the next day and we were told we would get EVEL. This backtracking of promises is already happening with the devolved powers that should come back after Brexit, but WM now wants to hold onto them.
  • I believe the WM economic policy is derived for the benefit for London and SE England. I believe this would be better managed by a SG and be more flexible for our own needs.
  • If we lose the Indy vote again, then say goodbye to Holyrood. May and the conservatives would use any power to dissolve the devolved governments next time round. Say what you want about Holyrood, but without it, would this government be held to account as much as it is at present?
  • I see only benefits in free travel and trade with Europe, preferably 1st with EFTA then we can decide on full membership at a later date.
  • Brexit could (reportedly) result in up to 7.5% loss of GDP. This is more than we spend on the NHS and would be disastrous for us all.

10 hours ago, Shanghai Loon said:

• If we lose the Indy vote again, then say goodbye to Holyrood. May and the conservatives would use any power to dissolve the devolved governments next time round. Say what you want about Holyrood, but without it, would this government be held to account as much as it is at present?
  • Brexit could (reportedly) result in up to 7.5% loss of GDP. This is more than we spend on the NHS and would be disastrous for us all.

Typical nationalist scaremongering, IMO.

11 hours ago, Shanghai Loon said:

56 minutes ago, Paco said:

Typical nationalist scaremongering, IMO.

I see that you've only picked up on 2 of the reasons I gave.

The 1st is fair enough and only my opinion. I'd hardly call it scaremongering though. I doubt the government or anybody else makes decisions on what I post on P&B.

The 2nd point quoted came from a treasury warning which stated Brexit could cost £66 Billion (I think this was reported in the Independent way back at some point). I doubt the treasury are a vehicle for nationalist scaremongers TBH.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No doubt we have the occasional  success story but my point is that we have nowhere near enough of these unicorns to make life after independence anything other than very tough.

You'll enjoy it then, you miserable old fucker.

No doubt we have the occasional success story but my point is that we have nowhere near enough of these unicorns to make life after independence anything other than very tough.

How many is enough ? Just because you think we have "nowhere near enough"does not justify your attitude comments, Scotland has,is and will be a leader in many innovations.

Archived