Hoofball Chapter 4: Clyde vs Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Apologies to Clyde. Mr Blobby has been struck down by the vomiting bug and won't be able make the game at Broadwood today.

Anyone willing to post their quirky observations for a match report? Please post it here for inclusion in the City Fanzine (250 words or less) Cheers,

Probably only get about 32 words from me, and I wouldn't have anything nice to say about City's opponents, Clyde, last time I was there the away fans were attacked at the end of the game and a supporters bus came under attack and had bricks thrown through the window, I will try one of the pies and give it a rating but the cheeseburgers are sounding much nicer, got to say the bridies up in Forfar were top notch.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably only get about 32 words from me, and I wouldn't have anything nice to say about City's opponents, Clyde, last time I was there the away fans were attacked at the end of the game and a supporters bus came under attack and had bricks thrown through the window,

IMG_1489841818.981473.jpg

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

If the games finish the way they are now, Cowdenbeath are destined for the play-off, surely?

If the games finish this way today and we beat Cowdenbeath on Tuesday it's hard to see a way back for them.

Naturally, I await a 3-2 defeat for Clyde and a 2-1 win for Cowdenbeath today followed by a Cowdenbeath win on Tuesday. It's the Clyde way!

4 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

If the games finish this way today and we beat Cowdenbeath on Tuesday it's hard to see a way back for them.

Naturally, I await a 3-2 defeat for Clyde and a 2-1 win for Cowdenbeath today followed by a Cowdenbeath win on Tuesday. It's the Clyde way!

Won't happen, you're safe. I said somewhere else (it may even have been this thread) that, based on no evidence whatsoever, that Clyde wouldn't be relegated.

However, from here on big decisions have to be made, and they have to be the correct ones.

I realise that Clyde aren't the team they were in my youth (1963 - 1972) but they really shouldn't be scrapping to avoid the bottom spot in the bottom national league. Mattha Gemmell would be turning in his grave!

Amusing pessimism above from the ordinary votaries of optimism.

That was much better. A proper response; proper dig. Get in there.

Tuesday's massive. Keep the same head as we finished with this afternoon and we could deal Cowden, probably, a fatal psychological injury.

Lot better second half Flynn was terrific and thought wee Fergie was excellent some pass for mcdonalds goal
As for McDonald he has just about single handily carried the team with his goals

Archived