The Famous Aberdeen v Well Known Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Shut it, Paulo.

I've said many times on here that if Cathro is sacked, Levein should go too.

In fact, I'd rather Levein fucked off, and left Cathro to it.

That's not what's happening, though.

Also, I don't wear jammies.

Too much information.

1 hour ago, gazelle83 said:

Spot on.

Levein had a team full of cloggers, under Romanov they had teams full of talented cloggers. Hearts are a team of cloggers who play on a tiny pitch.  Absolute madness to appoint a manager or head coach who wants to play football. Hearts play hoofball and they wont be competing for 2nd or 3rd until they revert back to their turgid-selves.

One up to us then. Although they still have the hugest crowds and steel for a new stand.

I was surprised by the Hearts performance yesterday. They just didn't look like Hearts. There were times when Dons players were drifting past Hearts defenders and midfielders as if they weren't there. The physicality you expect from Hearts was totally gone. At one point a Hearts player just allowed a Dons attacker to turn round him, take possession, and that was right on the edge of the box. The two non-Dons game I've watched Hearts play under Cathro I thought they looked very good (Motherwell and The Rangers) but they just didn't look up for this game at all.

Aye, spot on. Our British core that got us promoted is away...Ozturk, Pallardo, Gomis, Sow, Zeefuik. Who gives a f**k where folk are from and how is it relevant?

When people who only occasionally actually see hearts play start lecturing us about problems at our club I'm reminded of English and Irish people lecturing us on indyref2.

At best they're well meaning but simplistic and ill informed. At worst they're bigoted roasters

Just watched the Stockley incident on Red TV. Jayden gave the ref a decision to make by raising his arm which was foolish. But by Christ that was a soft red.

Nowak looked like a bubbling bairn with the way he conducted himself after a push-slap. Polands bands of hardcore ultras will be grimacing watching that.

54 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Never expected Hearts to be as completely irrelevant as they are this season. A team completely void of character. On a positive note for them, at least they can't utterly humiliate themsleves in Europe next year 

Knew that would happen. We have a good game every 5 games or so. Neilson wasn't perfect but Cathro has been a step back, so far. I fear Levein has his hands all over this - as is to be be expected from Director of Football. He's patently not improved things though as our direction is not what it should be.

As to Europe, who hasn't humiliated themselves in recent years? Hence our lowly co-efficient. Only Celtic have, at times, done reasonably well.

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

As to Europe, who hasn't humiliated themselves in recent years? Hence our lowly co-efficient. Only Celtic have, at times, done reasonably well.

Aberdeen have done "reasonably well" in the last 3 campaigns. Pretty sure we've made a positive contribution to the coefficient every year and never lost a tie to an unseeded team under McInnes. Disappointing exits, Maribor especially, but never humiliated (since McGhee's aberration against Sigma Olomouc).

25 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Aberdeen have done "reasonably well" in the last 3 campaigns. Pretty sure we've made a positive contribution to the coefficient every year and never lost a tie to an unseeded team under McInnes. Disappointing exits, Maribor especially, but never humiliated (since McGhee's aberration against Sigma Olomouc).

Aye, am probably thinking of McGhee's reign there. Did you not fare reasonably well against Real Sociedad a few years ago?

Aberdeen are doing what Hearts should've been doing for the past decade or two - best of the rest maybe but regular appearances in cup finals and semi-finals. It's a pity but I really can't see anyone competing with Celtic and their budget for the forseeable future.

6 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Aye, am probably thinking of McGhee's reign there. Did you not fare reasonably well against Real Sociedad a few years ago?

Aberdeen are doing what Hearts should've been doing for the past decade or two - best of the rest maybe but regular appearances in cup finals and semi-finals. It's a pity but I really can't see anyone competing with Celtic and their budget for the forseeable future.

We were holding on for dear life in the 1st leg away from home but gave it as good as we could have in the return.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28656182

Archived