Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Either way, Morton are having a great season but this is a huge chance to cement 2nd (at least). I hope the stadium is rocking on Saturday to give the boys a boost to secure the 3 points. Austin to continue his red hot sexy form.

Fash hat-trick. Heard it here first.

12 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

The ref played the advantage correctly but he should have booked him after we scored. Are you not familiar with how it works?

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Are you really saying it wasn't a yellow card?

Gloss it up how you like you got lucky

You can't give someone a second yellow after playing advantage - if you're sending someone off you have to stop the game immediately. You're the one who isn't familiar with how it works.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

You can't give someone a second yellow after playing advantage - if you're sending someone off you have to stop the game immediately. You're the one who isn't familiar with how it works.

I thought this was the case but Greg Tansey (I think) was sent off for a second yellow against Celtic earlier in the season after the ref gave an advantage. Phase of play ended and he was sent off. I'm not sure if this is a new rule or if the referee got it wrong.

Happened to Kieran Duffie a few seasons back to.

Lunged in for a tackle, took the man but the ball was played in the box as part of the advantage. Once the phase of play had finished the ref showed him a second yellow and off.

42 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

ADVANTAGE

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / send off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / send off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except when the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity results in a goal the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick.

Don't know if this has been amended or not but certainly looks like he should have got a 2nd yellow.

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

ADVANTAGE

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / send off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / send off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except when the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity results in a goal the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick.

Don't know if this has been amended or not but certainly looks like he should have got a 2nd yellow.

Fair dos, must have been amended in with the other rule changes at the start of the season... apologies to Gav. I prefer the rule now actually, but interested to see what happens if the ball doesn't go out of play prior to the payer who's about to be sent off getting the ball again and scoring. An unlikely scenario, but that was always the reason given for referees being required to stop the game instantly rather than play advantage in the past.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Fair dos, must have been amended in with the other rule changes at the start of the season... apologies to Gav. I prefer the rule now actually, but interested to see what happens if the ball doesn't go out of play prior to the payer who's about to be sent off getting the ball again and scoring. An unlikely scenario, but that was always the reason given for referees being required to stop the game instantly rather than play advantage in the past.

Fair play.

3 hours ago, madton said:

This.

Our home support is rubbish now, no one will deny that. We are averaging around 1800-1900 home fans which is poor considering the season we are having. 

We will take about 350-400 on the road most weeks which is about 20% of our home support. Still a decent figure. ( we brought 363 through last time)

You lot have a very impressive support of around 4k at home but considering that number, you only bring about 10-12% of that to Cappielow so having a dig at our support is a bit rich.

I speak to a lot of people who are selective about away grounds and I'm sure it won't shock you to hear we have a lot of fans who don't want to go to your ground.

You have the crap choice of nae legroom or outside exposed to the elements.

Put a fucking roof on the WDE for fuxake.

Who was that against?
I recall Willie Collum awarding a penalty* and sending him off versus Partick for, quote, "running too fast".
*McGovern saved it, natch.

Dunfermline away. Think it was the game Blair Alston scored last minute.

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I speak to a lot of people who are selective about away grounds and I'm sure it won't shock you to hear we have a lot of fans who don't want to go to your ground.

You have the crap choice of nae legroom or outside exposed to the elements.

Put a fucking roof on the WDE for fuxake.

image.jpg

Archived