Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Nesbitt

Oliver :wub:

Shankland

If Oliver's not fit put Tidser in there. So harsh to drop Tidser out the side but you can't not play Lindsay and Murdoch together when both are fit. Could play him on the left as a 3rd CM possibly but that'd mean having Russell on as a wing-back basically and he's far too mistake prone at the minute. 

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree kidds forward distribution can be better Muirhead is miles quicker and better in the air. As a defender we need him to be best defending first then going forward second. Looks like we need to agree to disagree on this one but I'm genuinely pleased kidd has done well the last two games and we have strength in depth all over now

Kidds distribution IS miles better than Muirhead and he not miles quicker than Kidd. He is better in the air but the team has so much more balance with Kidd there.

As with the Ayr game we go into this in the best form we have been before a Morton game. As a result BSNA will again be the focal point for another Bairns victory. With The Squaller beating DU in midweek that will pave the way for our team to be the only one with any small chance of catching Hibs.

Kidds distribution IS miles better than Muirhead and he not miles quicker than Kidd. He is better in the air but the team has so much more balance with Kidd there.

I've conceded on the distribution. This guy Nesbitt for morton is very quick and they are dangerous at set pieces and have been all season that's why I'd go with Muirhead. It's one thing keeping qos and Ayr out its another against the better sides like hibs and morton. Kidd will start and I hope he continues to play well but I'd go with Muirhead. We all have to leave players out our favourite starting eleven and what a great position we are in that were leaving out players that can do a job. Most teams in the league struggling to put eleven decent players out

I've conceded on the distribution. This guy Nesbitt for morton is very quick and they are dangerous at set pieces and have been all season that's why I'd go with Muirhead. It's one thing keeping qos and Ayr out its another against the better sides like hibs and morton. Kidd will start and I hope he continues to play well but I'd go with Muirhead. We all have to leave players out our favourite starting eleven and what a great position we are in that were leaving out players that can do a job. Most teams in the league struggling to put eleven decent players out

No you said can. I would say always. He is not quicker than Kidd, in fact I would wager he is slower and than Kidd.

Anyway you are not picking the team. Houston is. And those in possession keep their place end of

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

We both had a goal chopped off.

With ours I admire the way the officials seen the handball but missed Austin getting wrestled as he tried to get to it in the 1st place. 

We've 2 decisions to feel bitter over. You guys have 1.

Basically the ref was crap.

OK, so you're complaining about the referee for (correctly) playing the advantage which led to you putting the ball in the net, and you're also complaining about the referee (correctly) spotting the handball and disallowing the "goal".

Riiigghhtt.......

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

OK, so you're complaining about the referee for (correctly) playing the advantage which led to you putting the ball in the net, and you're also complaining about the referee (correctly) spotting the handball and disallowing the "goal".

Riiigghhtt.......

The ref played the advantage correctly but he should have booked him after we scored. Are you not familiar with how it works?

5 hours ago, Trump said:

Morton having a go at other peoples away support :lol: they don't do irony in Greenock do they?

To be fair it was in retaliation to a dig at our own support.  Falkirk have a superb home support but you rarely bring more than a few hundred to Greenock, much like us when we come to yours.  Sadly, I don't see more than 4-500 travelling on Saturday with the combination of Alba and the continued apathy surrounding the club.

5 hours ago, Scosha said:

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Nesbitt

Oliver :wub:

Shankland

If Oliver's not fit put Tidser in there. So harsh to drop Tidser out the side but you can't not play Lindsay and Murdoch together when both are fit. Could play him on the left as a 3rd CM possibly but that'd mean having Russell on as a wing-back basically and he's far too mistake prone at the minute. 

I'd actually be dropping Lamie for this one and playing Russell behind Nesbitt.

Why is there apathy surrounding the club?

A number of factors. Rae has driven away fans over the past few years and we're finding unlike in the past they're not returning. A perceived lack of ambition. People just seem to have lost interest. 10 years ago we'd have been looking at taking a minimum of 1,000 through on Saturday. Depressing stuff.

We had over 3000 at Firhill under Davie Irons for a relegation battle ffs. Where are these people now? We don't even seem to have our big game support anymore where we could pull an extra few thousand out the woodwork.

10 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

The ref played the advantage correctly but he should have booked him after we scored. Are you not familiar with how it works?

Not what you said though. Are you not familiar with how this works?

7 hours ago, LargsTON said:

To be fair it was in retaliation to a dig at our own support.  Falkirk have a superb home support but you rarely bring more than a few hundred to Greenock, much like us when we come to yours.  Sadly, I don't see more than 4-500 travelling on Saturday with the combination of Alba and the continued apathy surrounding the club.

This.

Our home support is rubbish now, no one will deny that. We are averaging around 1800-1900 home fans which is poor considering the season we are having. 

We will take about 350-400 on the road most weeks which is about 20% of our home support. Still a decent figure. ( we brought 363 through last time)

You lot have a very impressive support of around 4k at home but considering that number, you only bring about 10-12% of that to Cappielow so having a dig at our support is a bit rich.

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

A number of factors. Rae has driven away fans over the past few years and we're finding unlike in the past they're not returning. A perceived lack of ambition. People just seem to have lost interest. 10 years ago we'd have been looking at taking a minimum of 1,000 through on Saturday. Depressing stuff.

We did take 1600 to Ibrox a few weeks ago so I'd like to think we could still pull a decent away crowd in this season for a big game. Guess the playoffs will show if we can still pull that big number in or not.

Apart from the cup semi this year( a lot of family etc prob made up that 4-4.5k number) or last big travelling support was probably Celtic Park away when we won 1-0. We brought about 2.5-3k and that was on a Tues night in Sept 3 and 1/2 years ago.

To think we took 4500 to Motherwell exactly 10 years ago, where are they now!

Archived