Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dire performance from us especially in the second half. First half we played some decent stuff and got into some great positions but the final ball was atrocious. Second half we were way short of where we should be. Game always looked like being won by a single goal that would come from a mistake and up stepped Mr craigen with a total mind blank moment. Thought Kerr was very poor and Kidd still does very little for me.  Should've had miller on instead of mchugh. Game was very scrappy and there wasn't a lot in it but we as the home team needed to do far more. Our home form since the DU game has cost us second place unfortunately.

Image result for stephen pressley pie and bovril

8 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Gutted. Morton were far better than us second half, thought we were okay first half though. Kerr wasn't good enough and Aird didn't have the end ball. Don't really know what happened but we came out second half and stopped passing and moving, especially when it was working fairly well first half. Pass marks to Sibbald, Taiwo and McHugh who was unlucky not to equalize a few times.

8 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

McHugh done f**k all man. 

8 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Well done morton. Only consolation for me, a bit like the Scottish cup game is that we absolutely got the starting 11 wrong again. Hippo Muirhead and miller should all be playing. Aird baird and Kidd should be subs and kerr and Taiwo together gives them to much respect. 8 games against morton and hibs this season and we've lost 4 and drawn 4.

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Hugely frustrating match, pretty much screwed our chances of second place.

Must admit that Morton are a pretty decent outfit and carried out their game plan well, just a pity most of their posters on here are charmless gimps.

Image result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovril

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Some classic SCENES today as well. Haven't celebrated a goal that well for a while. Terribly small away crowd given the importance of that game but by f**k did we all enjoy that. Everyone knew how much it meant and it showed.

I don't think Premiership chairmen are going to be rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of Morten swapping places with Hamilton if that's all you're taking to a game of that significance just an hour up the road. 

On 3/12/2017 at 22:51, thelocalcat said:

Biggest game of the season. I'd love another goal from wee sibs, his cele is coming on nicely.

On 3/12/2017 at 22:53, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Let's get sexy 

On 3/12/2017 at 22:57, Gaz FFC said:

Soon be playing infront of an 18+ only crowd due to sexiness

On 3/13/2017 at 07:54, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk are a decent side and Morton are not so home win.

On 3/13/2017 at 08:18, Bairnardo said:

We need to finally get a win against Morton this season and no better time to do it. We are in good form so have to fancy us in this one.

I would go same 11 again and would only really consider Sir Bob coming in for Baird as far as changes go.

On 3/13/2017 at 09:40, ilostmyself said:

Hopefully our sexiness can get us over the line on Saturday, I can't make the later kickoff so I'll be enjoying on BBC Alba :(

Morton have been good against us this year and the cup game was hopefully just an aberration on our part rather than how good Morton can be.

I'd keep the same team with McHugh getting back to his impact sub best. Hippo to come off the bench too gives us great options.

Image result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovril

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think Premiership chairmen are going to be rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of Morten swapping places with Hamilton if that's all you're taking to a game of that significance just an hour up the road. 

I don't think any of us give a f**k tbh.

On 3/13/2017 at 10:25, bridge of allan bairn said:

This year we've recorded 6 wins 3 draws and 0 losses in the league. Looking forward to this game immensely. 

On 3/13/2017 at 10:25, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm in hospitality for this one. Looking forward to meeting BSDR immensely 

On 3/13/2017 at 10:28, RichieBairn said:

Couldn't care less if we had 11 Peter Beardsley lookalikes, as long as we are promoted! emoji13.png

On 3/13/2017 at 10:38, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sexy football = sexy form 

6df867f005db01837065a3f42b082a8a.jpg

On 3/13/2017 at 12:11, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Whilst I'd be tempted no to change the team, for me Hippolyte has to come back in with Sibbald moving inside. A Kerr/Taiwo midfield is fine away from home imo but at home we are going to have more territory and more possession on a better pitch, you want your maximum goal threat available. Apart from a wee spell in the Ayr game, Kerr has played really well so it's harsh to drop him.

Could also argue bringing Muirhead back in for Kidd due to Morton's huge reliance on set-plays, and McHugh who deserves a start for Baird. I wouldn't change it up too much though.

Apart from head of sexy BSLM, I've called the players by their Sunday names so as not to confuse our Morton brethren 

Rogers

Kidd Gasparotto Grant Leahy

Aird Taiwo Sibbald Hippolyte

Baird Austin

Subs: Thomson, Muirhead, Gallagher, Kerr, Craigen, BSLM, McHugh

2-0 Falkirk (Austin, Hippolyte)

Crowd 4,604

On 3/13/2017 at 12:31, Bairnardo said:

It really hasnt been long enough since we were subjected to some of the utter rockets that post on Morton threads.

On 3/13/2017 at 13:14, ilostmyself said:

Kevin McCann! I forgot he was there last season.

Houston has definitely learned the lesson of having such a limited squad towards the end of last season, we've got a couple of options in every position. 

On 3/13/2017 at 14:50, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Rogers

Kidd Gasparotto Grant Leahy

Aird Kerr Sibbald Hippolyte

Baird Austin

Thomson

Muirhead Watson McCracken Gallagher

O'Hara Taiwo McKee Craigen

McHugh BSLM

Great scenes

On 3/13/2017 at 15:02, bridge of allan bairn said:

Not personal he's done well. I'm just a fan of Muirhead and think his aerial ability might be needed for their set pieces where they tend to cause us problems. Remember this run started when Muirhead was playing too he wasn't doing badly. We are lucky to have a strong squad. I'm also a fan of kerr gallacher BSLM baird etc but can't pick everyone

On 3/13/2017 at 15:49, bridge of allan bairn said:

While I agree kidds forward distribution can be better Muirhead is miles quicker and better in the air. As a defender we need him to be best defending first then going forward second. Looks like we need to agree to disagree on this one but I'm genuinely pleased kidd has done well the last two games and we have strength in depth all over now

On 3/13/2017 at 16:16, Bairnardo said:

Its like we are all saying the now, nice problems to have. Fwiw I respect the job Aero has done and have no issues with him going back in to do a job if needed. But he is a centre half for me and likely a good one.

On 3/13/2017 at 17:03, Crawford Baptie said:

Kerr and Taiwo will deffo play in middle together. Sibbs and Aird on the wings and Austin up top. Get the pace of Hippolyte in there too. Their big defenders aren't quick and for me that's the way to beat them.

Defence to stay the same.

On 3/13/2017 at 17:12, Gaz FFC said:

Hippo gave the Morton RB a torid time at Cappielow so much so the ref felt sorry for him.

On 3/13/2017 at 22:22, Back Post Misses said:

As with the Ayr game we go into this in the best form we have been before a Morton game. As a result BSNA will again be the focal point for another Bairns victory. With The Squaller beating DU in midweek that will pave the way for our team to be the only one with any small chance of catching Hibs.

On 3/13/2017 at 22:27, bridge of allan bairn said:

I've conceded on the distribution. This guy Nesbitt for morton is very quick and they are dangerous at set pieces and have been all season that's why I'd go with Muirhead. It's one thing keeping qos and Ayr out its another against the better sides like hibs and morton. Kidd will start and I hope he continues to play well but I'd go with Muirhead. We all have to leave players out our favourite starting eleven and what a great position we are in that were leaving out players that can do a job. Most teams in the league struggling to put eleven decent players out

On 3/14/2017 at 10:19, BendtnerBairn said:

Either way, Morton are having a great season but this is a huge chance to cement 2nd (at least). I hope the stadium is rocking on Saturday to give the boys a boost to secure the 3 points. Austin to continue his red hot sexy form.

On 3/14/2017 at 09:07, Gaz FFC said:

Are you really saying it wasn't a yellow card?

Gloss it up how you like you got lucky

On 3/14/2017 at 12:40, Gaz FFC said:

I speak to a lot of people who are selective about away grounds and I'm sure it won't shock you to hear we have a lot of fans who don't want to go to your ground.

You have the crap choice of nae legroom or outside exposed to the elements.

Put a fucking roof on the WDE for fuxake.

On 3/14/2017 at 12:55, JinkyBairn said:

Cappielow is very fitting for a team like Morton tbh.

On 3/14/2017 at 15:05, JinkyBairn said:

Some support at Killie that day.

Got royally skelped early doors and the majority still stayed to the end to clap off the squad.

What a club. :wub:

Big sexy this and that was an embarrassment, maybe funny at first but became laughable. Certainly shown a football lesson today. Our passing in possession was shocking at times and Houston in my eyes has to take the blame for the team selection. Leahy, Taiwo, Kerr, Baird and especially Aird were rotten today.

I thought Aird was decent in terms of stopping the main threat of Morton. His final ball was poor however.

On 3/14/2017 at 15:42, Gaz FFC said:

Definitely a lower crowd travel to Morton than any other playoff competitor.

That's the kind of crowds you'd get at Cowdenbeath.

On 3/14/2017 at 19:41, JinkyBairn said:

Oaft.

Canny wait for BSNA to wreck this lot.

On 3/14/2017 at 20:00, Gaz FFC said:

A lot of our players are big and sexy

On 3/14/2017 at 20:31, BooBairn said:

1-0 Bairns with a scrappy Nathan Austin tap in to send the Ton home raging.

On 3/15/2017 at 06:36, Trump said:

This is about as gimmicky as you lot calling yourself famous.

We are Falkirk
More sexy than you.

On 3/15/2017 at 08:51, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Let me clear one thing up right now. There is absolutely nothing gimmicky about our sexyness 

On 3/15/2017 at 10:51, Rugster said:

Do Morton have the highest proportion of absolute morons on P & B or is it just the same few posting again and again?

On 3/15/2017 at 11:57, P475 said:

I think Falkirk will win this one. They are a bloody good attacking team with plenty pace.]

On 3/15/2017 at 11:53, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I was really impressed with McKee I saw him.

I'm sure Houston said he's back running in training, hopefully he can make the bench for Saturday.

I think McKee and Taiwo would be our best CM combo, but I wouldn't make too many changes to a winning team right now

On 3/15/2017 at 22:12, Back Post Misses said:

For you it is. Lose and its Utd in the 3/4 play off for you.

On 3/15/2017 at 22:18, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If we win it's a big step towards at least 2nd although still a long way to go.

On 3/16/2017 at 05:23, Back Post Misses said:

lolwut! f**k off it is my opinion.

We are in the best form arguably since we were relegated. If we're win Saturday 6 points gap is massive even with a games in hand as the pressure would be heaped on you to win. You won't win at Easter Road , I actually don't think you will beat the scum either TBH.

On 3/16/2017 at 05:24, Back Post Misses said:

You will get 6 tops

On 3/16/2017 at 08:26, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I look forward to us collecting 12 points on our promotion charge #juggernaut #sexy 

On 3/16/2017 at 09:33, deano25ffc said:

Will be a tough game but it's time to beat this diddy team . Cringe from this " famous patter " . Famous at being shite ! 3-1 BAIRNS

On 3/16/2017 at 09:36, thelocalcat said:

Superb from deano

On 3/16/2017 at 09:48, ilostmyself said:

Deanmeister pulling no punches today

Image result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovril

On 3/16/2017 at 09:56, Believe The Hype said:

Deano has gone for the jugular there. Save it for Saturday, we may need that kind of attitude at Grahamston Station

Image result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovril

On 3/16/2017 at 11:07, deano25ffc said:

Hope brings Vikin Ton as " the riddler "

He talks nothing but pish and riddles .

Image result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovrilImage result for stephen pressley pie and bovril

On 3/16/2017 at 12:03, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Oh he's Nathan Austin and he's so wonderful, a miracle

When he scores a goal it is beautiful, it's magical

When he runs down the wing, he's as fast as lightening, it's frightening and it makes all the Bairns sing 

Do do do dodo do dodododododo

On 3/16/2017 at 15:23, Believe The Hype said:

we have accumulated the same amount of points in the last 10 games however your defeat came midway through those, meaning your form dipped. 

On 3/17/2017 at 08:44, Believe The Hype said:

Eh well no, we have won, lost and drawn the same amount of games in the last 10. Our defeat however was 10 games ago on Hogmanay.

On 3/17/2017 at 14:34, BendtnerBairn said:

If Falkirk don't win tomorrow I'll go to the next game Bairns - Ton game in Light Blue hoops. 3-1 to the Navy Blue tho.

On 3/17/2017 at 14:59, RC55 FFC said:

Spot on.

On 3/17/2017 at 17:17, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

1-0 Austin (Forbes assist)

22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Most of the last two months it is as good as we have played since we got relegated. The home performances v DU and DA were especially good and the last two games away we have dominated. We have every right to be confident as a result. Add to that Morton away from home are pretty hit or miss.

12 hours ago, faedenny said:

Please please be the team thats fired up. Not the tippy tappy one that waits till we are behind before starting to play.

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

No surprises but as you.mention, the bench are breathing down the starting 11 in so many attacking positions

Do you get up early to do that or are you staying up late?

And surely you'd get more bites if you did it at a time when people were up and about? Can only assume it gets scrolled past by everyone when people think "aye yer man was mwi last night".

I thought Aird was decent in terms of stopping the main threat of Morton. His final ball was poor however.

I thought Aird was signed predominantly for going forward and creating a bit of width with a decent final ball. He failed miserably. His tracking back was decent I agree but need to see more than that.

I thought Aird was signed predominantly for going forward and creating a bit of width with a decent final ball. He failed miserably. His tracking back was decent I agree but need to see more than that.

And he has shown more in other games TBF. I am not disagreeing with you about his distribution last night.

Last night looking back we certainly deserved something from the game. Morton however got the goal and good luck to them. How Nesbitt got MOM mind you is baffling. It had to be one of their defenders surely.

We can play decent football at times which is quick and accurate and incisive and has teams on the back foot like in the final 20 which makes it even more frustrating when you see slow tippy tappy sideways play the rest of the time and endless high balls to our strikers.

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And he has shown more in other games TBF. I am not disagreeing with you about his distribution last night.

Last night looking back we certainly deserved something from the game. Morton however got the goal and good luck to them. How Nesbitt got MOM mind you is baffling. It had to be one of their defenders surely.

Thought nesbitt was excellent last night. Superb workrate and caused problems including making the goal. 

Archived