Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good call mate. I know for a fact that Rangers buses leave from the Unity Club and Brightons Inn however Senor Bairn does not think we lose fans to the Old Firm ????

It's a shame but that's life. They will probably say they followed their old man cos he was a Rangers man and another excuse is because "Falkirk are shite". Couldn't care less if we played league 2 I haven't got it in my DNA to go elsewhere to watch my football. Falkirk is in my blood through thick and mainly thin!! I will always fly the flag for local teams. Other fans have different priorities. Shame but reality.

1 minute ago, RichieBairn said:

It's a shame but that's life. They will probably say they followed their old man cos he was a Rangers man and another excuse is because "Falkirk are shite". Couldn't care less if we played league 2 I haven't got it in my DNA to go elsewhere to watch my football. Falkirk is in my blood through thick and mainly thin!! I will always fly the flag for local teams. Other fans have different priorities. Shame but reality.

Great Post.

Can only hope the result yesterday will add a few more on to the gate next week. As others have said, we've a huge problem with the number of OF supporters in Inverclyde. It's sickening driving past the Celtic supporters club on the main road on a Saturday and 8 buses are sitting there waiting to take them all up the road past Cappielow to a Celtic game. 

It's not over yet, but I can honestly say this has been the most enjoyable season I've had being a Morton supporter at the age of 21 and I'd imagine I'm right in saying this is probably the best season we've had in the past 20 or so years. I know we nearly got promoted in 2013 but this squad is much better and far more likeable. The hunger and spirit within this team is incredible and that's what has got us to where we are today. It's completely blown the myth about needing experienced players in a squad out the water. The average age of our starting lineup yesterday was 21 and they managed to cope with one of this divisions better sides very well. I was in the "Duffy Out" camp back in August/September as the defeat to Ayr left me feeling that the result was all too familiar and we'd be in relegation bother again. But, fast forward 5/6 months and I'd now be absolutely devastated if the Duff man left us. His man management on this very young squad has been nothing short of excellent. 

9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Can only hope the result yesterday will add a few more on to the gate next week. As others have said, we've a huge problem with the number of OF supporters in Inverclyde. It's sickening driving past the Celtic supporters club on the main road on a Saturday and 8 buses are sitting there waiting to take them all up the road past Cappielow to a Celtic game. 

It's not over yet, but I can honestly say this has been the most enjoyable season I've had being a Morton supporter at the age of 21 and I'd imagine I'm right in saying this is probably the best season we've had in the past 20 or so years. I know we nearly got promoted in 2013 but this squad is much better and far more likeable. The hunger and spirit within this team is incredible and that's what has got us to where we are today. It's completely blown the myth about needing experienced players in a squad out the water. The average age of our starting lineup yesterday was 21 and they managed to cope with one of this divisions better sides very well. I was in the "Duffy Out" camp back in August/September as the defeat to Ayr left me feeling that the result was all too familiar and we'd be in relegation bother again. But, fast forward 5/6 months and I'd now be absolutely devastated if the Duff man left us. His man management on this very young squad has been nothing short of excellent. 

Great post. I too was in the 'Duffy Out' camp and he's completely changed my mind. Fair play to him as many have questioned him during his time at the club.

17 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I was in the "Duffy Out" camp back in August/September as the defeat to Ayr left me feeling that the result was all too familiar and we'd be in relegation bother again.

The vast majority of Morton fans were not only in the "Duffy Out" camp, but also wanted rid of the board and most/all of the players. The pelters that anyone got for disagreeing with the lynch mob was disgraceful as well. 

I wonder where Morton would be today had the majority got their way?

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Doesn't Falkirk have the same problem with thousands of people leaving for Ibrox every week? 

Not thousands go but thousands of the many armchair old firm fans.

We never got going last night, didn't use the width as we had previously, not creating an out ball resulting in big Humph up the park, in hindsight Miller maybe the better sub than McHugh.

One out of four midfielder turned up, probably due to Mortons work rate, they had two sometimes three players on Kerr and Taiwo and we had no one creating an angle for a pass.

A poor result for us, I don't think we deserved the defeat but putting the ball in the pokey is all that matters, something we came close to but not close enough to doing.

2nd still doable but the balls in Mortons court now and they now have the remote outside chance of higher, but pts on board are always worth more than games in hand.

Archived