Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

We lack experience and composure without miller up top. That second half was made for him. He must be watching going wtf. He also gives us an alternative high ball into the box which he attacks

Experience ? John Baird is 30

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big difference for me was that Morton's midfielders all looked comfortable in possession and have a good touch. Sibbald was good for us but Kerr was a disaster, Taiwo was as poor as he's been for a long time and the less said about the really shit James Forrest that we had on the right the better. Nesbitt in particular is a joy for Morton. We were largely just lumping it into channels.

I thought a draw probably would've been a fair result overall, both sides missed a couple of good chances. Neither of our strikers really got going but the service to them was non existent.

Can't agree with whoever said Leahy had a good game, his defending for the goal was terrible and he was wasteful in possession. Grant and Gasparotto largely did alright and Kidd was fine.

Not sure how I'd line up the midfield next week but it has to contain Sibbald, Taiwo and Hippo. Fourth man is the lesser evil of Kerr, Craigen and Aird unless McKee is back, in which case go with him and Sibbs in the middle with Taiwo on the right.

Aside from the Scottish Cup game I will say that I think we can beat Morton in the playoffs although we'd undoubtedly be second favourites.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fair play to Morton. Came to keep it tight, nick a goal and go home with the points. Mission accomplished. 2nd is theirs to lose now

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Well played Morton. Defended well and dangerous going forward especially when Craigen sets you up. Kerr as I thought is past his play by date

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Fair play to Morton wanted it more than us today and in the end should've scored a couple more on the break.

Players have got to take the responsibility for that today from us imo. I thought at the time that Houston had got his subs right but nobody really turned up for us and none of the subs made any impact.

The service up to Austin was pretty much non existent, Kerr was back to being shite in the middle of the park and our centre backs were getting bullied about by Shankland.

Again well done to Morton. Every game against them this season they have stopped us playing and if we do end up playing them in the play offs I certainly don't fancy our chances of getting past them.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Would take a major f**k up from Morton to chuck away 2nd place now. 

2nd place is the least they deserve this season tbh.

Looks like us and shitey Utd fighting it out for 3rd. Tragic stuff :lol:.

Nice to see quite a few Falkirk fans being so gracious in defeat. Good luck to you for the rest of the season. Obviously not as much luck as the Ton!

5 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Nice to see quite a few Falkirk fans being so gracious in defeat. Good luck to you for the rest of the season. Obviously not as much luck as the Ton!

We are for the most a gracious bunch.

We can still finish 2nd but it's out of our hands now. Morton are a well organised team under Duffy and are difficult to break down.

If they finish1st or 2nd they will be deserving of it.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is the most gutted I have felt after a game for a while. Hibs drawing should have given us a lift.

I was confident before the game. Obviously misplaced.

#Gutte

Pleasing

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Methadone wearing off mate ?

Naw just aw the look at us big sexy falkirk we'll hammer this shite patter. Pleasing that its being rammed back doon big sexy falkirk throats

Now f**k off and girfuys

The famous.

1 minute ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Naw just aw the look at us big sexy falkirk we'll hammer this shite patter. Pleasing that its being rammed back doon big sexy falkirk throats

Now f**k off and girfuys

The famous.

I never said Morton were shite. I actually like and respect Jim Duffy.

You came on to antagonize me after I paid your team a compliment.

I reacted in a manner I should not have.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I never said Morton were shite. I actually like and respect Jim Duffy.

You came on to antagonize me after I paid your team a compliment.

I reacted in a manner I should not have.

The majority of falkirk fans( maybe not you) have been giving it billy big baws since the thread started sexy falkirk this sexy falkirk that they deserve all the stick coming there way so to those bairns tough shit if they canny take it.

1 minute ago, Gmfc 23 said:

The majority of falkirk fans( maybe not you) have been giving it billy big baws since the thread started sexy falkirk this sexy falkirk that they deserve all the stick coming there way so to those bairns tough shit if they canny take it.

I never give it all that before a match mate. That's ok if you support Real or Barca but I don't.

What I do think is that our team of last season and probably even Hibs would have won this league with a bit to spare this year.

Good luck to Morton for rest of season. I hope you can go on and win it now as I would prefer to play Hibs in playoffs.

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We are for the most a gracious bunch.

We can still finish 2nd but it's out of our hands now. Morton are a well organised team under Duffy and are difficult to break down.

If they finish1st or 2nd they will be deserving of it.

A Falkirk fan talking sense. Whatever next? :o

BSLM, BSNA,  WFPH your boys took one hell of a beating :).

Seriously though that was a tough game. Both sides had some guilt edged chances. A draw was probably a fair result but I'm absolutely delighted with that result. Play off spot pretty much secured so let's go on and see how far we can go this season. Fucking love this team. Mon eh ton!

Big sexy this and that was an embarrassment, maybe funny at first but became laughable. Certainly shown a football lesson today. Our passing in possession was shocking at times and Houston in my eyes has to take the blame for the team selection. Leahy, Taiwo, Kerr, Baird and especially Aird were rotten today.

1 minute ago, RichieBairn said:

Big sexy this and that was an embarrassment, maybe funny at first but became laughable. Certainly shown a football lesson today. Our passing in possession was shocking at times and Houston in my eyes has to take the blame for the team selection. Leahy, Taiwo, Kerr, Baird and especially Aird were rotten today.

Thank feck.

Another Bairn who has been horrified by this big sexy pish.

Probably worth mentioning that was the best first half I'd seen in ages, two teams playing really well. Ball was glued to the floor with Sibbald and Forbes both picking excellent passes, real shame we don't have anything to show for it.

Glued to the floor?!!! Think you were at the wrong game. A few nice tippy tappy moves from both sides but never was the ball on the deck for more than 3/4 passes.

Archived