Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in favour of Alba because it's the only way we get to see the games live. Would prefer if they went with a Friday night kick off though and made it their regular slot. Would work if they kept it to games where teams were relatively close together geographically.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are you not bringing a decent crowd ?

That's a shame but Alba screening it at 5.15pm is not ideal.

Doubt it, be lucky if there's 400 there. Which is a shame considering how well we've been playing. Actually spoke to a Morton fan in Falkirk today who told me he wasn't going tomorrow...WTF! You're a Morton fan, live in the Falkirk area and have decided not to go tomorrow...disappointed, and if you read this you know who you are.

11 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Doubt it, be lucky if there's 400 there. Which is a shame considering how well we've been playing. Actually spoke to a Morton fan in Falkirk today who told me he wasn't going tomorrow...WTF! You're a Morton fan, live in the Falkirk area and have decided not to go tomorrow...disappointed, and if you read this you know who you are.

Why's he not going ?

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I've enjoyed most of the Alba games, it's surely a positive that the league is getting more exposure. It's also at a decent time slot.

Is there any proof the games on Alba have lowered attendances? Genuine interested if there's any figures to go with that.

We only had 1400 last weekend at home to Queens for the 5.15pm kick-off. Our home attendance isn't the best but if that was a 3pm kick off I'm sure it'd have been nearer 2000. Maybe a bit different for Morton as whenever the games are on TV the view from the cowshed is awful which will put people off. 

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I've enjoyed most of the Alba games, it's surely a positive that the league is getting more exposure. It's also at a decent time slot.

Is there any proof the games on Alba have lowered attendances? Genuine interested if there's any figures to go with that.

I am not sure about attendances.

Does anyone know how many viewers the games on Alba get ?

I think it effects the travelling support more than the Home crowds.

We played Dundee Utd in Sept and at the time they were flying & taking big numbers but as we were on Alba on the Sat night they only brought 1300.

I enjoy Alba's coverage, especially the half time features they do on teams and they're generally much more enthusiastic about Scottish Fitbaw than Sky. That being said, any time there's been an Alba game at Cappielow, there's been a noticeable drop in attendance amongst home and away fans - even for the Renfrewshire derbies in Greenock & Paisley. If we're making little to no money off it, and it's preventing us from getting punters through the turnstiles (still our biggest source of revenue) then they can sling their hook. I believe they're reducing their number of games broadcast next season anyway due to teams complaining about this very thing.  

Really looking forward to this one. Morton are the team of the season for me at the moment as they have really produced some great displays. We are beginning to get our form together but is it a bit too late. Things might have been different if Austin had been fit from the start. Think Houston should play the cup game to the falkirk team before kick off to get them going. 2-1 Falkirk

Imagine not going to a game cause it 'eats into' a Saturday night. Pathetic excuse.

Dunno how old you are but if I was in my teens early 20s I think I'd have given it a miss too.

Loving the Falkirk confidence here.

Most of the last two months it is as good as we have played since we got relegated. The home performances v DU and DA were especially good and the last two games away we have dominated. We have every right to be confident as a result. Add to that Morton away from home are pretty hit or miss.

Imagine not going to a game cause it 'eats into' a Saturday night. Pathetic excuse.

Agree with this. The away days & longer away days when I was younger (& family free) were the best days.

Supporters buses leaving early doors to Inverness/Dingwall and not getting back till 9pm. Superb.

Agree with this. The away days & longer away days when I was younger (& family free) were the best days.

Supporters buses leaving early doors to Inverness/Dingwall and not getting back till 9pm. Superb.

Aye that's all good but some younger ones prioritise their Saturdays differently.

Dunno how old you are but if I was in my teens early 20s I think I'd have given it a miss too.

I agree if it was a run of the mill game against Dumbarton away. However, with your own team on form, against a divisional rival, away from home, I think it's different.

One of the best experiences I had as a teenager and early 20s was going to away games, having a bevy and being with a group of mates all going to support your team in the hope that they win.

We have it lucky to a certain extent in this county where not many away trips are massive journeys.

Maybe it's a different mentality/type of supporter. It makes for a better game when two teams of fairly equal ability are well supported.

Aye that's all good but some younger ones prioritise their Saturdays differently.

Well as football fans they have failed then. If they were proper fans & proper young team then they would do both. They would get back to Greenock for what 8pm? Hardly late.

I agree if it was a run of the mill game against Dumbarton away. However, with your own team on form, against a divisional rival, away from home, I think it's different.

One of the best experiences I had as a teenager and early 20s was going to away games, having a bevy and being with a group of mates all going to support your team in the hope that they win.

We have it lucky to a certain extent in this county where not many away trips are massive journeys.

Maybe it's a different mentality/type of supporter. It makes for a better game when two teams of fairly equal ability are well supported.

If it's the boys I'm thinking of that are missing out they're the hardcore lot amongst the younger element. The singing and pyro mob so I am slightly surprised as what you've described above is them down to a tee. Maybe they'll show up after all, who knows as it was midweek I spoke to the bus convenor. Personally being back in Greenock for 2030 sounds perfect to me. Carry out on the bus then dropped in town, job done.

The stat I do love seeing again again again again again again and again is us is winning it in 93/94, the last season we had 2pts for a win where if it was 3pts, the pars wouldve won it ......

58cbd3cff16f0_Screenshot2017-03-17at12_16_31.png.679dd4e45e216e4cf30337271ff34697.png

...and the following season we would have been champions on goal difference if it had remained two points for a win. Raith Rovers as the beneficiaries of that one.

Sickening.

Archived