Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I'd be tempted no to change the team, for me Hippolyte has to come back in with Sibbald moving inside. A Kerr/Taiwo midfield is fine away from home imo but at home we are going to have more territory and more possession on a better pitch, you want your maximum goal threat available. Apart from a wee spell in the Ayr game, Kerr has played really well so it's harsh to drop him.

Could also argue bringing Muirhead back in for Kidd due to Morton's huge reliance on set-plays, and McHugh who deserves a start for Baird. I wouldn't change it up too much though.

Apart from head of sexy BSLM, I've called the players by their Sunday names so as not to confuse our Morton brethren 

Rogers

Kidd Gasparotto Grant Leahy

Aird Taiwo Sibbald Hippolyte

Baird Austin

Subs: Thomson, Muirhead, Gallagher, Kerr, Craigen, BSLM, McHugh

2-0 Falkirk (Austin, Hippolyte)

Crowd 4,604

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk are a decent side and Morton are not so home win.

Do you not get tired of scrambling for bites like this? Better off going back to circle jerking the Hibs fans to fish for greenies.

I'm gonnae get this off early by slagging the 300 away fans.
In no way is this good enough for the premier league. Also yer stadium is shite and looks shite on the tele.
Falkirk are just too good and sexy to even be on the same pitch as you thugs.

Is that your best ya spunk stain another crowd w****r [emoji23]cd320aa1d3fa64c742834773aa9677eb.jpg

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Whilst I'd be tempted no to change the team, for me Hippolyte has to come back in with Sibbald moving inside. A Kerr/Taiwo midfield is fine away from home imo but at home we are going to have more territory and more possession on a better pitch, you want your maximum goal threat available. Apart from a wee spell in the Ayr game, Kerr has played really well so it's harsh to drop him.

Could also argue bringing Muirhead back in for Kidd due to Morton's huge reliance on set-plays, and McHugh who deserves a start for Baird. I wouldn't change it up too much though.

Apart from head of sexy BSLM, I've called the players by their Sunday names so as not to confuse our Morton brethren 

Rogers

Aird Taiwo Sibbald Hippolyte

Baird Austin

Subs: Thomson, Muirhead, Gallagher, Kerr, Craigen, BSLM, McHugh

2-0 Falkirk (Austin, Hippolyte)

Crowd 4,604

No changes for me, we are back to what we had last season with Industry in the middle and let the wide players do the creative side. Sibbald had his best season at left mid and doesnt convince me in the centre. Kerr for me was made the scapegoat for a midfield balance with Sibbs that wasnt firing week in week out and we were probably draining Kerr taking all the set pieces because no one else wanted to take them and he had been carrying an injury. 

The added bonus is you get two players down the left when Sibbs is there, Leahy becomes more of an attacking threat with their great link up play which doesnt happen as much when Hippo is out there. 

Id be tempted to put in McHugh for Baird but as I have mentioned and others have, he doesnt really do it from the start. He really seems to be a last quarter of the season form player, similar last season in that he really didnt do much till the last quarter and then was on fire, so I'd keep him on the bench. 

A bench of Hippo, Miller and McHugh, Muirhead, Gallagher is all you can ask for in a bench compared to last seasons likes of David Smith, Kevin McCann, Scott Shepherd and Maybury graced our benches of last season.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

A bench of Hippo, Miller and McHugh, Muirhead, Gallagher is all you can ask for in a bench compared to last seasons likes of David Smith, Kevin McCann, Scott Shepherd and Maybury graced our benches of last season.

Rogers

Aird Kerr Sibbald Hippolyte

Baird Austin

Thomson

Muirhead Watson McCracken Gallagher

O'Hara Taiwo McKee Craigen

McHugh BSLM

Great scenes

Dont understand Muirheads inclusion here. Kidd has been good 2 games in a row now. Whats the rationale? Is it personal?

Not personal he's done well. I'm just a fan of Muirhead and think his aerial ability might be needed for their set pieces where they tend to cause us problems. Remember this run started when Muirhead was playing too he wasn't doing badly. We are lucky to have a strong squad. I'm also a fan of kerr gallacher BSLM baird etc but can't pick everyone

Muirhead is handy as someone with a CH skillset in there for defending. However, the benefits of having another big player in the team already containing Grant and Luca who won everything on Saturday are well outweighed by having an actual RB in the team who can attack aswell as defend.

Kidd defends a wee bit less well than Aero, but with the ball is light years better. My choice is the better use of the ball every time.

While I agree kidds forward distribution can be better Muirhead is miles quicker and better in the air. As a defender we need him to be best defending first then going forward second. Looks like we need to agree to disagree on this one but I'm genuinely pleased kidd has done well the last two games and we have strength in depth all over now

Its like we are all saying the now, nice problems to have. Fwiw I respect the job Aero has done and have no issues with him going back in to do a job if needed. But he is a centre half for me and likely a good one.

I think Houston will go with kidd and I understand why. I do think we will be tested more at the back against morton than we were against qos and Ayr though.

Archived