Rovers v Dundee United

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McManus has woken up, best I have seen him play since August last year long may it continue

Big Jock was immense today closely followed by the big keeper

with Ayr and St Mirren winning that was a mega important 3 points today

we need the same next Saturday

Thoroughly deserved the win. United looked an absolute gang at times, and we should've had more but for some very poor finishing. Definitely the hardest working performance I've seen from us in a long time. 

Johnstone had one of his best games in a Rovers shirt, aside from his horror miss at the end. Fortunately, it didn't matter but it was two great balls from set pieces to cause chaos in the United defence. Indeed, their back line looked very disorganised at times. 

Penska came across as a lot more commanding today, but didn't seem to be as rash in when he was going for the ball as when he made his debut. I feel a lot more comfy with him in goals ahead of Brennan. Thanks to agent Raymond Sparkes for setting up the deal. 

McManus and Matthews put in excellent shifts. Particularly the latter who had to context with Flood manhandling him at every opportunity. 

Delighted to put a dent into United's season while dragging the Pars and Dumbarton into the mix too. It was shaky towards the end, but it's a huge three points. Queens at home next two have very little to play for. Hopefully we can continue on with another home win. 

11 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Penska came across as a lot more commanding today, but didn't seem to be as rash in when he was going for the ball as when he made his debut. I feel a lot more comfy with him in goals ahead of Brennan. Thanks to agent Raymond Sparkes for setting up the deal. 

When does the KeyTech sponsorship deal expire? Raymond Sparkes should follow Willie McKay in having the Railway Stand bear his name. 

Queens at home next who have very little to play for. Hopefully we can continue on with another home win. 

Very little to play for? If we beat them next week, we're on the same points as them so effectively dragging them into the mix at the bottom as well. Especially if Ayr win as well..

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

When does the KeyTech sponsorship deal expire? Raymond Sparkes should follow Willie McKay in having the Railway Stand bear his name. 

First agent to have a song for him from fans of a club. 

Spoiler

Raymonds Sparkes,

Superstar

Gets players for Rovers and he hates the Pars

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, philpy said:

Shree points and a bit of character from the characters on the team.41cf0e20c36b72fe6df4e7635f02b7c7.jpg

If only Mr T had been willing to pay a little more Hughes could have been United's manager instead of Mixu.

Still, Mixu was cheap and he definitely was very funny.

Great fight shown by the players today.

McManus was all over the place today in a good way but big JYM was tremendous.

Bit of a pisser that the win didn't see us pull away, instead dragging the Pars back in and giving QotS twitchy sphincters (sphincti?) if we beat them next week.

47 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Very little to play for? If we beat them next week, we're on the same points as them so effectively dragging them into the mix at the bottom as well. Especially if Ayr win as well..

Didn't actually realise they'd been that shite! 

I did say employing Raymondo was a massive gamble by United and I think I can now say, with some justification, I was correct. It's virtually impossible to go up from 4th. Absolutely hilarious stuff. If the Arabs scrape through this season, financially that is, there'll be enormous budget cuts next season. Better buckle up for the long haul lads [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I did say employing Raymondo was a massive gamble by United and I think I can now say, with some justification, I was correct. It's virtually impossible to go up from 4th. Absolutely hilarious stuff. If the Arabs scrape through this season, financially that is, there'll be enormous budget cuts next season. Better buckle up for the long haul lads emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

Just until administration surely?

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

Thoroughly deserved the win. United looked an absolute gang at times, and we should've had more but for some very poor finishing. Definitely the hardest working performance I've seen from us in a long time. 

Johnstone had one of his best games in a Rovers shirt, aside from his horror miss at the end. Fortunately, it didn't matter but it was two great balls from set pieces to cause chaos in the United defence. Indeed, their back line looked very disorganised at times. 

McManus and Matthews put in excellent shifts. Particularly the latter who had to context with Flood manhandling him at every opportunity. 

Delighted to put a dent into United's season while dragging the Pars and Dumbarton into the mix too. It was shaky towards the end, but it's a huge three points. Queens at home next two have very little to play for. Hopefully we can continue on with another home win. 

Little to play for.:lol:

It must have escaped your notice but we`re in fecking freefall. 

Archived