Rovers v Dundee United

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the video. Why does Callahan go for the fancy shots, it clearly never fucking works.

Not just me that thinks that. Instead of looking for the easy pass or look for someone in a more advanced position he blasts it a hundred feet wide of goal, bloody stupid.

23 minutes ago, philpy said:

Just watched the video. Why does Callahan go for the fancy shots, it clearly never fucking works.

Normally I'd say the same but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one, watching it on the day the ball hit a nasty lump and jumped just before he hit it.

Not saying the shot he was planning would've been any better though.

57 minutes ago, philpy said:

The only danger with his shooting is we may have to replace either corner flags or floodlight bulbs!!

Shooting on sight is fine if you are accurate, Callachan rarely is.

Callaghan shooting and decision making is bloody awful. 

Yesterday The one mentioned above took a massive bobble. The same excuse can not be used for the thousands of other happy hazard pathetic efforts over the last 3 seasons.

It's seriously not hard to spell callachan. He's been one of our players for years now, come on guys n gals.

On the game it seems yogi is aware that Thomson has been a weak link with how he ask callachan to play. He was tucking in towards rb whenever Jason had the ball. Johnstone had his best game in a rovers shirt yesterday as did mcmanus who has come in for some stick (from myself also) but played brilliantly.

On a side note under Murray we were set up to play with wingers then we ditched it under mckinnon to an extent and played more centrally. Under locke we were set up with wingers and now it looks like yogi has ditched it and although it was just one game it did seem to suit the players we have available. I hope we go the same way from now on.

I'm not even kidding when I say I reckon I've seen Callachan hit 100+ shots and not one has ever been on target, if that was so terrible I'd be impressed at his persistence.  

Also tbf to guys Callachan automatically is changed to Callaghan on iPhone. 

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's seriously not hard to spell callachan. He's been one of our players for years now, come on guys n gals.

On the game it seems yogi is aware that Thomson has been a weak link with how he ask callachan to play. He was tucking in towards rb whenever Jason had the ball. Johnstone had his best game in a rovers shirt yesterday as did mcmanus who has come in for some stick (from myself also) but played brilliantly.

On a side note under Murray we were set up to play with wingers then we ditched it under mckinnon to an extent and played more centrally. Under locke we were set up with wingers and now it looks like yogi has ditched it and although it was just one game it did seem to suit the players we have available. I hope we go the same way from now on.

Surely it's not difficult to capitalise the guy's name either then?

Staggering to see so many Dundee fans in here when there's a massive chance they'll end up in the bottom two places.

Staggering to see you following Dundee fans into this thread tbh.

Big thanx to the guy that handed my mate a Season book ticket for the match, he would of been a bit more appreciative at the time but had no idea what you handed him.

As for the game I liked how we played with no wingers trying to keep it central. But if davo is fit he will play him in midfield and I don't think he would be fit in that midfield. Also if we keep it for the next games can't see bobby bar or coustrain getting game time

Archived