Rovers v Dundee United

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re Johnston's miss, the linesman flagged for offside. Still a brutal miss regardless as Johnston would not have known that at the time. What the f**k was the stramash at the North Stand end all about? It looked like the ref blew for a foul on Penksa but the outcome was a corner for United. Huge 3 points when you consider the results of other teams around us.

PS M'Voto was absolutely tremendous today. Why United lumped high balls in his general direction was beyond me. 

re Johnston's miss, the linesman flagged for offside. Still a brutal miss regardless as Johnston would not have known that at the time. What the f**k was the stramash at the North Stand end all about? It looked like the ref blew for a foul on Penksa but the outcome was a corner for United. Huge 3 points when you consider the results of other teams around us.
PS M'Voto was absolutely tremendous today. Why United lumped high balls in his general direction was beyond me. 

You sure the linesman wasn't just flagging for a goal kick? Don't think he'd have been offside.

It looked like Penska had the ball in his hands, he had it kicked from his grasp, corner got given and then it all kicked off. Impossible to be sure from our end but looked like Craig Barr rag dolled someone in to the net.

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

A fair number of the United fans applauded when M'Voto was awarded man of the match.  It wasn't ironic, I think they just realised how good a job he had done.

The stramash was Thomson's fault.  He's a philosophical empiricist whereas Simon Murray is a rationalist; Thomson made an insulting comment about Descartes and it all kicked off; just your usual footballing nonsense.

I really enjoyed Durnan's involvement at our second goal.

Missing the ball altogether while trying to kick it, then deciding that the best tactic to rectify the situation would be to control it with the palm of his hand.

An unusual approach, and one that ended with the ball in the back of his own net a moment later.

Cheers, Mark.

I really enjoyed Durnan's involvement at our second goal.

Missing the ball altogether while trying to kick it, then deciding that the best tactic to rectify the situation would be to control it with the palm of his hand.

An unusual approach, and one that ended with the ball in the back of his own net a moment later.

Cheers, Mark.

Nothing if not innovative.

Enjoyed that today. Our performance in the second half in particular was of a level that has been beyond us for about 6 months.

It was heartening to see the confidence return to the players during the match. Hopefully we can kick on from here. The other results today show that we can't just rely on the teams around us losing every week but if we can kick on from today then we just might have enough about us to pull clear of trouble after all.

We do this no matter the opposition. Most teams try play to the strengths of their own players and find weaknesses in the opposition. We like to do the exact opposite. I'm not sure if this tactic will catch on or not but McKinnon is persistent with it if nothing else.

I did say employing Raymondo was a massive gamble by United and I think I can now say, with some justification, I was correct. It's virtually impossible to go up from 4th. Absolutely hilarious stuff. If the Arabs scrape through this season, financially that is, there'll be enormous budget cuts next season. Better buckle up for the long haul lads [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Budget cuts next season? Your sources said we went into administration last week [emoji23]

Enjoyed that today. Our performance in the second half in particular was of a level that has been beyond us for about 6 months.

It was heartening to see the confidence return to the players during the match. Hopefully we can kick on from here. The other results today show that we can't just rely on the teams around us losing every week but if we can kick on from today then we just might have enough about us to pull clear of trouble after all.

A positive post by Mr Nelson. I need my bed!

Sorry. This has been hacked. Can we have the normal, moany, old b*****d back please.

Archived