Rovers v Dundee United

In all honesty, United's performance today was as bad as I've seen at Stark's Park this season, and that includes us. They were hilariously awful.

I particularly liked that wee spell where they kept playing one twos that involved kicking it out of touch.

Great stuff.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=TL6oZ87lrao

Highlights above. 

As for the big bust up at the end, it's out for a corner from the looks of things, but brilliant to see it pulled back after Toshney kicks the ball out from Penksa's hands. No idea what Barr was doing. Shite to see one of the United fans chuck something which hits Matthews in the head during the incident. Not that Matthews gave a f**k, he holds his hand to his head, then gets on with it. 

We do this no matter the opposition. Most teams try play to the strengths of their own players and find weaknesses in the opposition. We like to do the exact opposite. I'm not sure if this tactic will catch on or not but McKinnon is persistent with it if nothing else.

He was similar with us at times last season. The middle third of last season was terrible viewing. Just a lot of ineffective long balls to Daly and Wighton. Then he managed to sign a load of good players (ringers) and we kicked on and had a good season.

Staggering to see so many Dundee fans in here when there's a massive chance they'll end up in the bottom two places.

Edjenguele and Robson at fault for the first (Robson falls over but Edjenguele is far too easily pushed out of his position). The second is a fresh air swipe by VdS after Durnan misses his header. 

McKinnon on ArabZone "making no excuses" for the performance.

What a time to be alive.

14 hours ago, rw89 said:

Johnstone had one of his best games in a Rovers shirt, aside from his horror miss at the end. Fortunately, it didn't matter but it was two great balls from set pieces to cause chaos in the United defence. Indeed, their back line looked very disorganised at times. 

Nice to hear Johnston getting some well deserved praise. To think that someone on here referred to him as a sand dancer and that he should get to f**k, or words to that effect.

10 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Enjoyed that today. Our performance in the second half in particular was of a level that has been beyond us for about 6 months.

It was heartening to see the confidence return to the players during the match. Hopefully we can kick on from here. The other results today show that we can't just rely on the teams around us losing every week but if we can kick on from today then we just might have enough about us to pull clear of trouble after all.

That really is a grim line up.

Your words?

Nice to hear Johnston getting some well deserved praise. To think that someone on here referred to him as a sand dancer and that he should get to f**k, or words to that effect.

Think that was me.

Johnston has generally been a sand dancer - shows nice touches but absolutely no end product. It'll take more than one half decent game against a team on a downer to change my opinion of him.

I wasn't there yesterday, but I might honour Starks with my presence against QoS. I look forward to the new and improved Chris Johnston show.

Just checked and my pretty harsh criticism was in response to yourself slating Davidson in the Dumbarton v Raith match thread, even though Davidson wasn't playing and Johnston was. You were singing Johnston's praises. I pointed out that our decline starts when he starts getting a regular place in the starting XI.

25 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Think that was me.

Johnston has generally been a sand dancer - shows nice touches but absolutely no end product. It'll take more than one half decent game against a team on a downer to change my opinion of him.

I wasn't there yesterday, but I might honour Starks with my presence against QoS. I look forward to the new and improved Chris Johnston show.

Just checked and my pretty harsh criticism was in response to yourself slating Davidson in the Dumbarton v Raith match thread, even though Davidson wasn't playing and Johnston was. You were singing Johnston's praises. I pointed out that our decline starts when he starts getting a regular place in the starting XI.

To be fair Scary, that I think was more to do with moving from a lop sided 4-4-2 with Matthews slotting in to one with two proper wingers. In the former we had the extra man to cover the middle. In the latter we get over run. Not so much to do with Johnston as an individual.

Archived