Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Dave1875

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My copy arrived on Saturday, a few days early, and I've sunk about 5 hours into it so far.  It's tremendous so far.  The nemesis system has been tweaked and everything seems more polished.  It's a fucking HUGE game as well.

My copy arrived on Saturday, a few days early, and I've sunk about 5 hours into it so far.  It's tremendous so far.  The nemesis system has been tweaked and everything seems more polished.  It's a fucking HUGE game as well.

Same here, did you get it from simplygames? I'm really enjoying as well, played SoM again the other week and found it was pretty meh although I remember really liking it at the time. They've put a lot of work in to this, for me the location is far more interesting than the 90% open fields of the last one and there's a great range of enemy types to make it fresh. Also the double jump is cool as f**k and I've got to say I'm a bit of a sucker for gear/loot systems. On top of that it's a great looking game.

d17aeaef42b90840d59f5f517b63c1f1.jpg

a484c4cdc1ec970b645d040a92018201.jpg

The idea of microtransactions makes me feel a bit sick but can't say I've noticed them at all this far, although that will change if what people are saying about the true ending is right  

The only thing I'd say I dislike so far are the captains with the big shields and spears that are immune to being vaulted and arrows so you just have to find a way of getting behind them and stunning, but then they adapt during the fight so you can't use that either. It's the same with the caragors that you can't vault and prevent you from hitting them face on, they are not fun to fight at all and are pretty annoying especially when they have high health

22 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

The only thing I'd say I dislike so far are the captains with the big shields and spears that are immune to being vaulted and arrows so you just have to find a way of getting behind them and stunning, but then they adapt during the fight so you can't use that either. It's the same with the caragors that you can't vault and prevent you from hitting them face on, they are not fun to fight at all and are pretty annoying especially when they have high health

It was like that in SoM as well... especially if you turned all the indicators off and forgot you had to press A/X instead of Y/Triangle to dodge when the caragor charged & the spearman attacked

Having to wait till midnight for mine to activate. Been waiting for this for ages so it's pleasing to see the only bug/annoyance people have had has been enemy difficulty

8 hours ago, killie_lad said:

Same here, did you get it from simplygames? I'm really enjoying as well, played SoM again the other week and found it was pretty meh although I remember really liking it at the time. They've put a lot of work in to this, for me the location is far more interesting than the 90% open fields of the last one and there's a great range of enemy types to make it fresh. Also the double jump is cool as f**k and I've got to say I'm a bit of a sucker for gear/loot systems. On top of that it's a great looking game.

I did indeed.  They're #sumbois for the preorder.

Aye, the double jump is fucking superb.

13 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Watch out buddy or someone will imply you are seething and up vote my post implying you are seething.

Just make sure you don't make a post referencing a videogame since that's the least important thing on this board.

What the f**k are you wittering on about, you abject simpleton?

Archived