Canada at Easter Road

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yet most still do their shopping there...

The constant comparison to the English game from people up here is tiresome. England is a massive country in comparison to ours with a lot of massive clubs with a huge amount of money available to them. Throughout all 4 tiers.

Scotland is the opposite, were skint, but we do have a great league for the size of country we are. Why some feel the need to try and constantly undermine the game in England to try and make themselves feel better about the game up here is baffling.

This is a league where Ross McCormack is a £12m pound player. It's a vastly distorted market.

I'm not knocking the Premier League, but international managers need to treat the Championship and League One with a lot of caution. They're not an easy read in terms of quality. There's a lot of nonsense hype around the Championship because of the downward flow of PL money. That's all I'm saying.

I'm sure the game in England can cope with the criticisms of Malcolm Malcolm.

This is a league where Ross McCormack is a £12m pound player. It's a vastly distorted market.
I'm not knocking the Premier League, but international managers need to treat the Championship and League One with a lot of caution. They're not an easy read in terms of quality. There's a lot of nonsense hype around the Championship because of the downward flow of PL money. That's all I'm saying.
I'm sure the game in England can cope with the criticisms of Malcolm Malcolm.

I agree. The fees are massively inflated. But the quality is still good.

I've not checked but I imagine there would've been a lot of players from the Championship at the last Euros and maybe even the World Cup.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I have honestly never in my life met anyone who thinks the Championship is one of the best leagues in the world. 

I was talking to a Wigan fan years ago when they were in the Premier League, said he missed the Championship because it was "the best league in the world". Not the last time I've heard that being branded about either.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I've not checked but I imagine there would've been a lot of players from the Championship at the last Euros and maybe even the World Cup.

The point I am trying to make is that this is how we end up wasting time experimenting with the likes of Chris Martin and Craig Mackail-Smith and, in the past, Chris Iwelumo.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Utter nonsense. Have you watched Rotherham v Ipswich recently ? or maybe the fantastic quality on show of Burton v Brentford.

Accept it, their league is overhyped dross and dafties like you are clearly buying it. Sad, very sad............

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Totally, but after the fact I don't think it's really worth getting worked up about.  We drew a game we should have won, it was largely shite, but it will also be largely irrelevant by this time Monday morning no matter what the result.

Hasn't that result cost Scotland 7 ranking places? That makes it largely relevant.

Utter nonsense. Have you watched Rotherham v Ipswich recently ? or maybe the fantastic quality on show of Burton v Brentford.
Accept it, their league is overhyped dross and dafties like you are clearly buying it. Sad, very sad............

Ok then pal.

Just you stick to slating the league, if is what you need to do to make you feel better about the league up here.

Never mind lads. A hero is coming to our rescue on Sunday to provide leadership, strength and drive from the midfield..............

269D68ED00000578-2993059-image-a-19_1426266086801.jpg

What you saw last night and in previous Scotland games is the result of bad coaching from youth level upwards for the past 40 years. The is evident in the lack of technique and tactical awareness against a Canada B team.

Football in Scotland is fucked. Run by self interested idiots. Standard of leagues in Scotland is terrible and its all hit and hope. It's going like the Northern Irish league. Only thing that keeps the interest going from overseas is the sectarian Old Firm freakshow. Thanks to them your national side and league is bust.

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I wonder how many EFL Championship teams Lichtie supports? emoji57.png

That must be what you do when your own team ceases to exist..............

35 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

i know we're bad but does anyone think that a half decent experienced manager would be able to get more out of these players even if it was the most negative or boring football?

Tommy Wright would get us qualified. 

Even with the current squad.

I don't see how anyone can blame the Scottish leagues on that horrific spectacle last night. The majority of the Scottish players on view are based in the English leagues, so if anything the slight should be on their leagues, not ours.

Incidentally, football without tackling, without passion, without shots on goal and without crosses in to the box is pretty much a waste of time and can't really be called football. Sadly it's becoming the norm at all levels of the game.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tommy Wright would get us qualified. 

Even with the current squad.

shame he'll be going to take over his own country, Northern Ireland, when Michael O'Neill is inevitably lured across the water by a giant like Ipswich Town or QPR.

Archived