Canada at Easter Road

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not really any more worried than I was before the Canada game.  We'll likely have a lot of troubles regardless.  Just don't think last night really means as much as some will make out.

Me neither. But it would've been nice going into the game with a bit of confidence and a win under our belts?

39 minutes ago, forameus said:

Good to see the overreaction in full swing.

Not a good result in any way, and sounds like the performance wasn't up to much either, but it's going to be largely irrelevant in a few days no matter what happens.  Whatever result we get, that'll be the new story, and this will become the largely irrelevant result it was always going to be.  

Shut up, Gordon. It's time for you to resign.

Said it before and will say it again - Strachan out now.

Saw a guy on my fb suggest there has to be complete overhaul and I think he's right. Get the manager out and dross out the squad and start blooding the young guys like Gauldy, Harper etc into the team. What's on show at the moment is negative, boring, shite and hasn't worked for us since the 90s. Big change required.

Agree about Strachan but Gauld and Harper especially are nowhere near good enough. Graham Hunter or someone else was on the radio after his move to Malaga and he said Malagas B team play at a level similar to Scottish League 1 and 2.

Blooding young guys that are not good enough will just make the situation worse.

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I've never hated a Scotland player as much as I hate Chris Martin.

I've got nothing against Chris Martin, it's just Strachan's banging the head off a brick wall insistence in starting him again and again when he's never once looked like the kind of forward that will change things for us. That's 6 starts he's had and I'm still waiting to see a spark of anything from him. Fair enough, have him in the squad and use him, but don't try to tell me he's our best option.

8 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Strachan has always had an obsession with subpar Championship cloggers, even as Celtic manager. I remember him complaining that he couldn't afford the millions needed to sign Gary McSheffrey FFS.

14 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

It's definitely the name.  That Coldplay guy is a fucking dicksplash as well.

Folk saying don't overreact and it will be a totally different team on sunday need to get a grip. We don't get a lot of time in international football to get used to a system and get used to new players etc so last night should of been used to get our best 11 on the park for at least 45 minutes of the match. His comments about getting players up to speed is nonsense. We have one massive game on sunday and we should of started last night with our starting 11 for sunday.

We had 11 guys on a park who basically had no clue if they will play or not sunday and looked un organised and totally lost with the tactics. To rest guys last night when they are professional footballers who are used to playing sunday Wednesday sunday is a disgrace. We now go in to sundays game again with a brand new starting 11 which will take us time to settle. If we start with mulgrew and berra we are doomed. Martin is our best defender by a mile and must play.

Last night was a prime example of players turning up thinking it would be a stroll in the park. Guys that play English championship are deluded to the level they play at and got found out last night. I know cooper has been in and out the Leeds team but to not even try him out considering he plays in a team who are so far ahead of Ipswich and Blackburn. Bannan is shocking and Kenny mclean is head and shoulders above him as a player.

Anya done a shift but tbh he is much more effective as an attacking player and we should have Bardsley in behind him at full back.

Rhodes & Martin are awful footballers. Keep Griffiths in the team. Burke again looks promising and we just need to continue to play him and hopefully him being subbed at half time was a sign that he will start sunday.

Tom Cairney was so average for a guy who has had so much hype from the manager. Neat and tidy on the ball but is bang average.

The squad is so poor and I have very little hope for sunday.

10 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Me neither. But it would've been nice going into the game with a bit of confidence and a win under our belts?

Totally, but after the fact I don't think it's really worth getting worked up about.  We drew a game we should have won, it was largely shite, but it will also be largely irrelevant by this time Monday morning no matter what the result.

Just now, Malcolm Malcolm said:

This

There are too many footballers and managers who seem to think the Championship is the fucking Bundesliga.

The only thing the Championship has over the Bundesliga is the fucking ludicrous wages getting chucked about.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Totally, but after the fact I don't think it's really worth getting worked up about.  We drew a game we should have won, it was largely shite, but it will also be largely irrelevant by this time Monday morning no matter what the result.

55 minutes ago, forameus said:

Good to see the overreaction in full swing.

Not a good result in any way, and sounds like the performance wasn't up to much either, but it's going to be largely irrelevant in a few days no matter what happens.  Whatever result we get, that'll be the new story, and this will become the largely irrelevant result it was always going to be.  

I'm certain your taking the piss here or sincerely hope you are.

Canada are right up there in the world rankings right enough ffs. 

I'm sure the Slovenians who with a country aboot the size of ours and manage to qualify tourney after tourney will be shi ting themselves eh. 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm certain your taking the piss here or sincerely hope you are.

Canada are right up there in the world rankings right enough ffs. 

I'm sure the Slovenians who with a country aboot the size of ours and manage to qualify tourney after tourney will be shi ting themselves eh. 

What part of it is confusing you?

Where did I say that Canada were world beaters and where did I say it was a good thing?  Put it this way, should we win, will the majority be saying "Aye, but we still couldn't beat Canada"?  And conversely, should we lose, there's going to be plenty more to worry about than last night's result.

Also, when I say I'm not any more worried, that's not to say I'm confident.  We'll likely get beat, but I thought that before the game.  It's really not hard to understand.

15 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

This

There are too many footballers and managers who seem to think the Championship is the fucking Bundesliga.

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And fans.  Plenty on here btw.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The only thing the Championship has over the Bundesliga is the fucking ludicrous wages getting chucked about.

Spot on. I believe that people genuinely think it's the second best league in the world. These are the same guys who will tell you how money has ruined the game. Fucking morons.

The sooner the plugs are pulled on English football and their world comes crashing down on them the better.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Spot on. I believe that people genuinely think it's the second best league in the world. These are the same guys who will tell you how money has ruined the game. Fucking morons.

The sooner the plugs are pulled on English football and their world comes crashing down on them the better.

I absolutely believe there are idiots north of the border as well as south who would argue that it is one of the best leagues in the world.

Strachan has always been one of the worst culprits for this. He was busy cutting about with an inferiority complex towards the Championship a decade ago.

Archived