Canada at Easter Road

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Is anyone actually going to bother watching on Sunday? I don't know why I watched tonight and I'll probably find something better to do on Sunday like tanning my wrists.

Alarm was set for 02:35, got up and watched.Utter utter shite:(. Will do again on Sunday. I just can't help it. It's a habit, a very bad habit at this moment.

Next day I'm tired, grumpy & pissed off with myself for doing it, knowing I'll regret & it duly obliges.

Crack? Can't be any worse, can it?

It's a sad state of affairs that every time Scotland now play under Strachans command , I want them to loose, as I know this'll be the only way we eventually get rid of the useless little fucker.

His post match interview last night just reinforced what all of us outside the SFA know, in that he doesn't have a clue what's going on.

To actually say it was all about giving guys who couldn't get a game for their club'"more  playing minutes " , is disgraceful.

Surely the answer is pick guys who ARE getting a game and who ARE match fit and stop coming up with these futile excuses you little ginger c**t 

Strachan pi$hin up our backs and telling us its raining is becoming insulting after his post match comments last nigh after his excuse for the utter dross we were put through was... a lot of the boys havnt played recently so to compare it to golf its very hard to take two months off and then play at the masters! [emoji23][emoji23] First thing.. out of his starting line up last night only oliver burke and ikechi anya havnt been playing regularly recently and burkes still coming off the bench every game and anya was actually our best player last night lol and secondly if he really does believes his own pi$h why the hell are players even in his squad if they havnt been getting a game for 2 months! Which is just utter lies anyway and a complete insult to our intelligence.

7 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

The SFA seem intent on over complicating the matter, trying to embed these European philosophies perpetuated by jouneymen nobodies like Wotte who spends his career hopping from country to country, rolling out the same old shite with zero results.

I couldn't agree more with this. Heralded as some football deity because he's Dutch. The guy is a zoomer.

I thought that the squad were 'right behind the manager' and 'love working under the manager' and 'really want to play for the manager'?

Whichever gormless fool from the squad is put up for interview parrots that shite, but I see no evidence of it

This current squad and management team make me yearn for the days of Matt Elliott and Graham Alexander.

29f57cd29ab7a06da1da110c03778f82.gif

Absolutely. People lament the dark days of Vogts and Levein.

In my opinion, this is far worse than both. It's the worst Scotland team I've ever seen, and that's really saying something.

We are on course for a third consecutive fourth place finish in qualifying. These are the darkest of a lot of very dark days.

11 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Oi pal! Don't try and pin this on Tony Doc!! He's been there for one game!

:D been all over Europe supporting "Evermore" now its taking all my time to get up for a friendly. Gtf Mr. Strachan  ffs before it gets any worse!! 

Said it before and will say it again - Strachan out now.

Saw a guy on my fb suggest there has to be complete overhaul and I think he's right. Get the manager out and dross out the squad and start blooding the young guys like Gauldy, Harper etc into the team. What's on show at the moment is negative, boring, shite and hasn't worked for us since the 90s. Big change required.

friendly or not , that is some of the worst football i've ever seen last night and let's be honest who playe dteh better football out the two teams?? canada at least had some nice give and go's we had nothing bar a few through balls from cairney

Good to see the overreaction in full swing.

Not a good result in any way, and sounds like the performance wasn't up to much either, but it's going to be largely irrelevant in a few days no matter what happens.  Whatever result we get, that'll be the new story, and this will become the largely irrelevant result it was always going to be.  

poor result, dismal performance. played off the park by Canda for the first half hour and Aird should have had them two up.

agree that the result of a friendly isn't terribly important. what is more relevant is that this group of cloggers, make weights, second teamers and never will bes will not come close to troubling a workmanlike Slovenia this weekend.

assuming that the result is as we expect then that should be the end for Strachan. Let's not pretend that changing the manager will fix things overnight though. A decade's worth of work is required for Scotland to return to the level they were at, at the end of the last century. Just as Strachan and this group of players don't exactly inspire confidence, the infrastructure and personnel needed to see through the changes required are not in place either. Until they are, and until our game is run by someone competent and knowledgable, as opposed to failed marketing managers and self-important bookmakers, it won't matter if Mourinho or Conte are in charge- the Scotland team will be going nowhere.

Cheery stuff.

15 minutes ago, forameus said:

Good to see the overreaction in full swing.

Not a good result in any way, and sounds like the performance wasn't up to much either, but it's going to be largely irrelevant in a few days no matter what happens.  Whatever result we get, that'll be the new story, and this will become the largely irrelevant result it was always going to be.  

Based on the Scotland team's performance last nite Slovenia will cause you many problems and will beat you. Still in shock at how bad the Scottish players were at controlling a ball. Wtf are they teaching these guys in these academies?

9 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Based on the Scotland team's performance last nite Slovenia will cause you many problems and will beat you. Still in shock at how bad the Scottish players were at controlling a ball. Wtf are they teaching these guys in these academies?

I'm not really any more worried than I was before the Canada game.  We'll likely have a lot of troubles regardless.  Just don't think last night really means as much as some will make out.

Archived