Canada at Easter Road

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't actually mean to just send the prior post.

Fletcher is not the future (obviously) and he's never going to be a Messi, Scholes or Makelele. He is however definitely a competent midfielder and he's played almost every game this season for a team doing very well.

Would I play him for Scotland? Not really sure due to age but to make out that he is done is just daft.

He can do a job, he is not done, he however does not do enough to warrant a start, he slots in and does a job.

Even Cairney on his first ever start looked more promising, you can see what he gives to the team, wee bit of creativity.

Fletcher is just meh. I'd even like him more if he just went around halfing folk. Atleast he'd be doing something.

Griffiths proves time and time again he is not good enough for International football.
Appreciate his effort but not good enough for me.

But it's a choice of fletcher Martin Rhodes or Griffiths has to be Griffiths of anything he's a pest to defenders. Martin was awful tonight his touch very poor Rhodes wasn't great either. That leaves Griffiths who I thought done ok was trying to create something put pressure on there defenders. A lot of the Scotland players looked ultra low on confidence think all the strikers would massively benefit from a goal.

1 minute ago, skippy2015 said:

But it's a choice of fletcher Martin Rhodes or Griffiths has to be Griffiths of anything he's a pest to defenders. Martin was awful tonight his touch very poor Rhodes wasn't great either. That leaves Griffiths who I thought done ok was trying to create something put pressure on there defenders. A lot of the Scotland players looked ultra low on confidence think all the strikers would massively benefit from a goal.

Has Griffiths even scored an International goal ? I can't remember one.

I would play Naismith up front. Far from ideal but I think he is the best we have mate.

He can do a job, he is not done, he however does not do enough to warrant a start, he slots in and does a job.

Even Cairney on his first ever start looked more promising, you can see what he gives to the team, wee bit of creativity.

Fletcher is just meh. I'd even like him more if he just went around halfing folk. Atleast he'd be doing something.

Well in some ways I think he does a job that you probably don't even realise until he's out.

In saying that it's not as if we are playing so well with him in the team that it would be a huge gamble to take him out and go with something fresh.

But aye if you are saying he's not done then my argument is over as that was really my point.

19 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Scotland coach Gordon Strachan on BBC Radio Scotland:"It's one of the best decisions we've made as the coaching group in the SFA by playing this game.

Yes, it's certainly up there with the rest of them.

Mulgrew and Fletcher getting a hard time tonight I thought they were two of our better players along with Cairney and anya. Berra looked well syked up for the friendly lol hammering into challenges correct attitude if anything. Think my team would be
GK Gordon
LB Tierney
RB Robertson
CB Mulgrew
CB Berra
CM Armstrong
CM Brown
ACM Snodgrass
RM Ritchie
LM Burke
FW Griffiths

17 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Mulgrew and Fletcher getting a hard time tonight I thought they were two of our better players along with Cairney and anya. Berra looked well syked up for the friendly lol hammering into challenges correct attitude if anything. Think my team would be
GK Gordon
LB Tierney
RB Robertson
CB Mulgrew
CB Berra
CM Armstrong
CM Brown
ACM Snodgrass
RM Ritchie
LM Burke
FW Griffiths

Is that a back 4 with 4 left footed players. That would be something unusual (not saying it`s a bad thing).

At least it would be worth discussion in a match that is likely to be shite.

Archived