SJFA Social Media Coverage?

The Borrheid Bull

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

He's half wrong. 

He is quite correct in that it's ultimately the clubs who decide, however he and the SJFA "Exec Committee" are there to lead, or at least they should be. They recommend rule changes to the AGM when it suits them, and stay silent when it doesn't, eg. TJ tells the delegates that the retention rule needs to be abolished. It's abolished (rightly so). Yet when it comes to re-instament he stays silent and hides behind "it's upto the clubs to decide".

Exactly and what I take from that is if a decision is made by him that's a good one then he's happy  that it's his doing and his work but anything wrong in our game that he has an Input in then it's the clubs fault for electing  him and that they have the power to force change . 

There's nothing quite like giving yourself a win win situation and wanting praise for any good that you do but opting to deflect anything bad onto the clubs for electing him , at the end of the day once elected the onus is 100% on the chosen people to do as good a job as possible, when amateur football is better ran better than the level above it we have got problems, 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being disrespectful to the amateurs hertha, there's three full timers and an army of willing volunteers, any dealings I've had with tom Johnston have been professional enough, unfortunately for me it's the committees that are set up that seems the problem.

Amateur football has evolved as years pass, by the looks of it the juniors are miles behind.
As someone else said it's the teams who vote to put people in place, you do have the power but there must be people willing to take the jobs on, and for the right reasons.
If your not happy then change it , but honestly if you want to shout and moan about it then at least have suitable replacement.

21 hours ago, Sunrise said:

A bit off the original topic here, but I was at the West Region meeting in January representing Theesel - which lasted 30-35 minutes. Not particularly useful for those travelling fae South and East Ayrshire or the fringes of Lanarkshire to basically be given cup draws that could've been done over Facebook etc and disciplinary updates, which are already online!

19 hours ago, garrellburn said:

It seems to me that the main business of that particular meeting was to collect money for unpaId fines. Its correct to say that we were on our way out after just half an hour, a total waste of our time,.If there was no more official business it should have been opened up for discussion of the very many gripes which are being aired on here instead. Its not as if they are unaware of this forum and what is being said here even although certain people say they don't go on it, that may well be the case but they are being informed.

I was there too and I have to agree with the above comments. However, some very useful discussions took place among a group of delegates AFTER the meeting regarding League Reconstruction proposals, the eventual outcome from which should be being made public in the very near future!

1 hour ago, Mr Motivator said:

Not often I agree with you but I will give you that one haha

6 hours ago, TerryS said:

Great post Hertha and totally agree with the above however we were discussing TJ, not the Glenrothes chairman.

This has to be the same person.

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

This has to be the same person.

That was my thinking too. Can they not stick to talking bout Glenrothes on their own thread rather than polute every topic or thread with mentioning the chairman or ex chairman or whoever it is they have a problem with. I don't post much on here but this person talking to himself makes the forum a joke at times. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Scottish Junior Fitba Association Twitter account was looking for subscribers earlier the day - but when they've only ever uploaded one video...

I've had the scottishjuniors.com website Facebook page and twitter account for years, collecting news/info is very difficult and we gave up a while back, the future is in live video, I do t see why these events can't be streamed.

"the best camera for the job is the one in your hand" i.e. An iPhone, I was told by the EPL marketing team a while back

I've had the scottishjuniors.com website Facebook page and twitter account for years, collecting news/info is very difficult and we gave up a while back, the future is in live video, I do t see why these events can't be streamed.
"the best camera for the job is the one in your hand" i.e. An iPhone, I was told by the EPL marketing team a while back

Looks like perhaps they are realising this now with the draw on Periscope. I just hope it isn't a one off and it's the beginning of live draws for next season.

Looks like perhaps they are realising this now with the draw on Periscope. I just hope it isn't a one off and it's the beginning of live draws for next season.

It was discussed and agreed at last years agm that the draws would be periscope etc. The west region agreed the same but it has yet to happen in the west.

I filmed the first half of the Buffs/Hurlford match on twitter and later the penatly  shootout.

The first half had 145 live viewers from as far away as Canada and Melbourne.

The videos are still increasing in views.

This could be to best way of attracting a younger/new audience to the sport, after "new" fans watch a few games on twitter/Facebook/YouTube they might be more likely to interact with the club, attend games, buy kits etc, we still see examples of people living in the same street as a stadium not knowing when games are on so it should increase local awareness

On 25/03/2017 at 08:31, parkcircus said:

A few people have asked me to do match day live Facebook stream, sort of like super score board but on a Poundland budget, if we could get some guests to turn up if might work.

That would be excellent. 

Keep us posted if you decide to go ahead with something. 

A few people have asked me to do match day live Facebook stream, sort of like super score board but on a Poundland budget, if we could get some guests to turn up if might work.

I'd say go for it man. Just looking at the Amateurs account from a cup tie from a couple of weeks ago hit 2 and a half thousand viewers (that's mental) judging on that I'd say we could have a massive audience watching the streams.

Archived