SJFA Social Media Coverage?

The Borrheid Bull

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 I find it even more frightening that you want to deflect from a conversation about thugs that does the reputation of the juniors no good whatsoever and criticise those that are doing their best.

Doing their best????
Absolute dungshite
Nothing but parasites freeloading off our game & that's being nice to him & his ilk

9 minutes ago, TerryS said:

I find it even more frightening that you want to deflect from a conversation about thugs that does the reputation of the juniors no good whatsoever and criticise those that are doing their best.

Pardon?

59 minutes ago, TerryS said:

I wasn't defending them. Pretty clear their best isn't good enough judging by the stick they receive on here. However what they do or more likely don't do is not as frightening nor damaging to the game as that of the two Martins.

What the fucking hell are you going on about? 

Liked that Amatuer draw in the OP a lot.  Was expecting it to be far more wooden and awkward but it was actually a decent production. 

For the Juniors it would probably take one of the guys that films the games to approach the SJFA and offer to do it for free before it would ever happen. 

On a slight tangent, an SJFA Youtube channel with the odd live cup draw or whatever would promote a bit of fan engagement (and would probably attract a bit of modest sponsorship).  

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

It's fine criticising the SJFA but ultimately the clubs hold the power and share the blame as much as anyone else.

Absolutely bang on, does every club promote themselves and bring in as much publicity and sponsorship as they should? I remember a fellow supporter bemoaning a past manager and I told him it was his fault he was in charge, how come? Well you voted at the AGM to elect or keep the committee, that committee appointed the manager so its partly our fault. If people want change they have to press their club officials or if that doesnt work stand for the committee where you can have a bigger say, its the clubs who elect so its up to the fans to have people in charge of their clubs that will change things if thats what they want.

Liked that Amatuer draw in the OP a lot.  Was expecting it to be far more wooden and awkward but it was actually a decent production. 
For the Juniors it would probably take one of the guys that films the games to approach the SJFA and offer to do it for free before it would ever happen. 
On a slight tangent, an SJFA Youtube channel with the odd live cup draw or whatever would promote a bit of fan engagement (and would probably attract a bit of modest sponsorship).  

That's exactly what I was expecting too from the Ammy draw but it was as good as the seniors. Is it an independent person who does the Social Media for SAFA? Maybe someone can talk to them as they seem to have Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and so on covered for their level.

7 hours ago, TerryS said:

I wasn't defending them. Pretty clear their best isn't good enough judging by the stick they receive on here. However what they do or more likely don't do is not as frightening nor damaging to the game as that of the two Martins.

6 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

What the fucking hell are you going on about? 

He's one of the two people in the whole of Scotland who think what happens at Glenrothes (apparently they have a Junior team) is of great concern to everyone else in Scotland. A case study in delusion.

6 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Absolutely bang on, does every club promote themselves and bring in as much publicity and sponsorship as they should? I remember a fellow supporter bemoaning a past manager and I told him it was his fault he was in charge, how come? Well you voted at the AGM to elect or keep the committee, that committee appointed the manager so its partly our fault. If people want change they have to press their club officials or if that doesnt work stand for the committee where you can have a bigger say, its the clubs who elect so its up to the fans to have people in charge of their clubs that will change things if thats what they want.

I agree with you, Nugent. The people should have the ability to bring about change. I'd be very interested to know if, and if so how many times and how forcefully, change has been pushed for. 

From what I read on here e.g. Mr Albert's post, there seems like very little room at the top table. So maybe it's not that easy?

slight problem with nugents view of things , johnston does not stand for re-electioin he is there as long as he wants. also asst. secy./treasurer was appointed not elected.unbelieveable as it is

25 minutes ago, marconi said:

slight problem with nugents view of things , johnston does not stand for re-electioin he is there as long as he wants. also asst. secy./treasurer was appointed not elected.unbelieveable as it is

TJ is an employee of the SJFA and on a very healthy salary, he would need to be sacked.  He will also make a nice bit of money sitting on SFA committee's and benefiting from travel, he does attend Scotland away matches occasionally, all expenses paid.

We should expect him to be much more pro-active in his position, such as recommending to clubs that the reinstatement rule is removed (how can he be a member of the SFA Executive Board yet preside over this archaic nonsense), and to go back to the point originally raised, presenting Junior Cup draws in a much more professional manner would be a start. The SJFA is not skint, it has over £500k in the bank, I'm sure they can afford to pay for the equipment and expertise required.

On the other point as to what does he actually do 5 days a week, I suspect a lot of his time is spent on SFA business, not SJFA. Yet the SJFA pay his salary.

40 minutes ago, marconi said:

Everyday is a school day, cheers

Robert have you ever asked Tom Johnstone to come on the radio show or any of the other officials.

I am sure there would be plenty of people sending in questions for them.

These issues that have been raised through this topic a lot of these things we the clubs have to take some of the blame for letting it go on for so long (including myself) .  Sometimes we talk the talk but we don't want walk the walk,  but I know there are people out there who I know would like to get involved.  SCTV who commented on his experience of his first meeting was correct as I was at the same meeting and the way he was treated was shocking, but it said more about the top table than it did about him.

There were other ideas muted regarding pre season games starting earlier,  to help clubs make some much needed income before the season starts.  So there are people out there who have ideas and the necessary drive to want to help move the juniors on.

Slagging of Tom Johnstone calling him names isn't going to help, people should be judged on what they do, if its a job for life then can there not be a motion raised at the A.G.M. for it to be 2 year post with a maximum of two terms of office. Also the election of officials that could be changed to have a time scale on it also.

Although Tom Johnstone to my knowledge is the only full time SJFA employee he has the SFA machine to back him up in his search for sponsorship and ways of driving the Juniors forward.

10 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

There does seem to be two issues here though:

1. The SJFA and how the game is promoted

2. The West Region and how business is managed (no comment was made about East / North Regions...)

A bit off the original topic here, but I was at the West Region meeting in January representing Theesel - which lasted 30-35 minutes. Not particularly useful for those travelling fae South and East Ayrshire or the fringes of Lanarkshire to basically be given cup draws that could've been done over Facebook etc and disciplinary updates, which are already online!

4 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Robert have you ever asked Tom Johnstone to come on the radio show or any of the other officials.

I am sure there would be plenty of people sending in questions for them.

These issues that have been raised through this topic a lot of these things we the clubs have to take some of the blame for letting it go on for so long (including myself) .  Sometimes we talk the talk but we don't want walk the walk,  but I know there are people out there who I know would like to get involved.  SCTV who commented on his experience of his first meeting was correct as I was at the same meeting and the way he was treated was shocking, but it said more about the top table than it did about him.

There were other ideas muted regarding pre season games starting earlier,  to help clubs make some much needed income before the season starts.  So there are people out there who have ideas and the necessary drive to want to help move the juniors on.

Slagging of Tom Johnstone calling him names isn't going to help, people should be judged on what they do, if its a job for life then can there not be a motion raised at the A.G.M. for it to be 2 year post with a maximum of two terms of office. Also the election of officials that could be changed to have a time scale on it also.

Although Tom Johnstone to my knowledge is the only full time SJFA employee he has the SFA machine to back him up in his search for sponsorship and ways of driving the Juniors forward.

Tom was on a few years back, never shirked a question and anything that was queried regards the cups, league set up etc he basically stated that its down to member clubs to force change, hes not wrong.

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

A bit off the original topic here, but I was at the West Region meeting in January representing Theesel - which lasted 30-35 minutes. Not particularly useful for those travelling fae South and East Ayrshire or the fringes of Lanarkshire to basically be given cup draws that could've been done over Facebook etc and disciplinary updates, which are already online!

It seems to me that the main business of that particular meeting was to collect money for unpaId fines. Its correct to say that we were on our way out after just half an hour, a total waste of our time,.If there was no more official business it should have been opened up for discussion of the very many gripes which are being aired on here instead. Its not as if they are unaware of this forum and what is being said here even although certain people say they don't go on it, that may well be the case but they are being informed.

5 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Tom was on a few years back, never shirked a question and anything that was queried regards the cups, league set up etc he basically stated that its down to member clubs to force change, hes not wrong.

He's half wrong. 

He is quite correct in that it's ultimately the clubs who decide, however he and the SJFA "Exec Committee" are there to lead, or at least they should be. They recommend rule changes to the AGM when it suits them, and stay silent when it doesn't, eg. TJ tells the delegates that the retention rule needs to be abolished. It's abolished (rightly so). Yet when it comes to re-instament he stays silent and hides behind "it's upto the clubs to decide".

Archived