SJFA Social Media Coverage?

The Borrheid Bull

I have to say I'm slightly jealous on how the ammy's handle their cup draws, social media etc. All very professional considering they're supposed to be Amateurs.

Just caught this on their twitter and with yer man Johnston (SJFA Secretary) standing right there surely there's some inspiration there for our Association to do something similar. Surely someone out there can do this?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been involved in the amateurs for years, a fair bit of it at the top level, it's not just cup draws the amateurs are better at, I can't believe some of the junior meetings I've attended. AMateurs head and shoulders above in organization.

I've been involved in the amateurs for years, a fair bit of it at the top level, it's not just cup draws the amateurs are better at, I can't believe some of the junior meetings I've attended. AMateurs head and shoulders above in organization.

Well said man. Been a Juniors man aw ma life but I'm starting to take notice of whit is happening at Amateur Level. We could learn from these guys.

20 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

The guys at the top of the Ammies are there to serve the organisation & make it a better run organisation & the present incumbents in the juniors are only in it for what they can get out of it

End of discussion

The guys at the top of the Amatuers are corrupt when they know teams are paying players and do F ALL about it

Its all down to staff, I have banged on about the lack of coverage etc but I am pretty sure that the amateur organisation have a few people employed full time, well more than one anyway, while the juniors have TJ and a part time fixtures guy. We should be selling things better but its down to resources and say what you want about TJ he cant be everywhere and do everything.

Its all down to staff, I have banged on about the lack of coverage etc but I am pretty sure that the amateur organisation have a few people employed full time, well more than one anyway, while the juniors have TJ and a part time fixtures guy. We should be selling things better but its down to resources and say what you want about TJ he cant be everywhere and do everything.

A hear whit yer saying, but surely there is a volunteer out there they could bring in. I'm sure plenty of Junior guys out there would love access to draws etc in around Hampden, resources like Facebook etc are all free.

4 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

When someone can point out to me just what the president of the SJFA does from when he takes his coat off at 9am until he slips it back on at 5pm, for five days each week, then I'll decide if more men are needed. 

For the life of me I can't see what he can be doing.

Its not just the lack of media and social media coverage that is the problem with the S.J.F.A.

It is the closed shop mentality that is obvious also,  some of the people who are on the committees have been there for a long time and have served the junior game well. Also the meetings are at best farcical and at times embarrassing as the top table fights with itself and contradicts each other.

But with new blood comes new ideas which is never a bad thing, I have been at meetings were people have been practically humiliated for daring to question what goes on.

Also the lack of investment in the Juniors is frightening, if you look at girls and womans football, and also age group football the hype and coverage they get compared to the Juniors is good for them because interest and media coverage attracts sponsorship and other interests.

Two or three seasons ago the League Cup was sponsored by the proceeds of crime for a substantial amount of money, why was S.J.F.A. not showing an interest in getting some of that money.

There are people out there who would like to help the Juniors who attend the meetings but will not put their names forward as the closed shop mentality will be there to block it.

The Juniors don't seem to like change, don't know if its because they want to keep their blazers and ties or if its because they are frightened of change. The long serving committee members have served the juniors well as I said before but if we don't change our ways and get new blood with new ideas then the game that we love and spend time and effort trying to keep our clubs going  will go the way of the dinosaurs.

3 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Its not just the lack of media and social media coverage that is the problem with the S.J.F.A.

It is the closed shop mentality that is obvious also,  some of the people who are on the committees have been there for a long time and have served the junior game well. Also the meetings are at best farcical and at times embarrassing as the top table fights with itself and contradicts each other.

But with new blood comes new ideas which is never a bad thing, I have been at meetings were people have been practically humiliated for daring to question what goes on.

Also the lack of investment in the Juniors is frightening, if you look at girls and womans football, and also age group football the hype and coverage they get compared to the Juniors is good for them because interest and media coverage attracts sponsorship and other interests.

Two or three seasons ago the League Cup was sponsored by the proceeds of crime for a substantial amount of money, why was S.J.F.A. not showing an interest in getting some of that money.

There are people out there who would like to help the Juniors who attend the meetings but will not put their names forward as the closed shop mentality will be there to block it.

The Juniors don't seem to like change, don't know if its because they want to keep their blazers and ties or if its because they are frightened of change. The long serving committee members have served the juniors well as I said before but if we don't change our ways and get new blood with new ideas then the game that we love and spend time and effort trying to keep our clubs going  will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Absolutely brilliant post. I agree with every word.

3 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Couldn't have put it any better myself, spot on.

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

When someone can point out to me just what the president of the SJFA does from when he takes his coat off at 9am until he slips it back on at 5pm, for five days each week, then I'll decide if more men are needed. 

For the life of me I can't see what he can be doing.

C'mon jimbo,I'm sure he finds lots of things to keep him busy.:)

My first meeting was last seasons west Agm, I had the audacity to question why we need to wait till the third Saturday in July to kick a ball, I quoted the constitution about promoting and fostering association football and was slammed as a newbie who effectively knew nothing, I approached the top table at the end to cries of here's the boy who thinks he knows about constitutions,
All I will say is that when I let him know about the various committees etc I had been on at the safa and sfa and had served as Vice President of safa for four years his jaw quickly dropped.

I took a bit of delight in that lol

Archived