Scottish Cup Semis (Sat & Sun)

Gunner

Just now, The-Derry said:

There was a few bad decisions am meanin the referee in general was poor no meanin givin anyone an advantage until the red card , cheers have use got another leauge to go to or are use folding

I actually think the red card ended up working in your favour, galvanised you boys and we took our foot off the gas.
Still early days but it looks like the league will be folding so not sure what options we really have.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RyanC93 said:

I actually think the red card ended up working in your favour, galvanised you boys and we took our foot off the gas.
Still early days but it looks like the league will be folding so not sure what options we really have.

It defo did work in our favour gave us tht extra dig but hes gne ta miss out on the final now,

Our leauges down to 7 aswell think its 4 teams folded out it during the season leauges just deciding if there just puttin the 2 leauges together or no

2 minutes ago, The-Derry said:

It defo did work in our favour gave us tht extra dig but hes gne ta miss out on the final now,

Our leauges down to 7 aswell think its 4 teams folded out it during the season leauges just deciding if there just puttin the 2 leauges together or no

Feel for anyone that has to miss out on one of the biggest games they will play in. 

Sunday football is in a bad way, sad to see.

Our player was lucky to not be sent off I can't argue with that but he hasn't acted like that without reason. Few odd decisions throughout the day not just from the ref but all officials. Nothing worth dwelling on however as it's done now.

No 7 for the red team should have been a red card all day long. So why wasn't it?????? Was it because what team the boy played for. I've personally seen refs "turn the other way" when this team give out plenty of verbals. Would be great to know refs explanation of a head butt worthy of a yellow card.

Agree 100 percent AFc. They won a watch  having referee on their side . He should've had a straight red for head butt. Makes you scratch your head and say what just happened. He should be fekin off the park. They got lucky on that one.

The above statements are crazy. If you watched the game you'd see the officials were 100% not favourable towards us. As mentioned and shown in the highlights we had so many offside decisions against us when we had 2 players clean through on the keeper. As well as a throw in for the second goal going against us. That's football and it happens but there is no way we have had any special treatment to get where we have 2 years in a row and to say different is ridiculous.

Take a look at the route we had to the semi finals this year and tell me we have been looked after. Boys have done unbelievably well to win it then get to the semis and to belittle that achievement is just not right.

Ok Ryan . Over jumped the board on this one . Never watched whole game . So I am sory if I have deflected the achievement of the team. Yes it is a great effort to get through those games to reach the semi final. And all the best in the semi aswell . 

Can only assume the player who was sent off said something inflammatory which, if the ref heard it, would have warranted a second yellow card.

Cant believe the other player wasn't given a straight red tho'.

Had the ref done that, I'm sure everyone would have accepted two red cards rather than what happened.

Shocking and stupid decision from the ref as he just made things very difficult for himself.

On 11 April 2017 at 10:08, RyanC93 said:

Appreciate that mate, not much consolation but feel we had the better of the match. That's football though and Dykehead are in the final. All the best to both sides.

As for trouble after the game I am told a lighter was thrown into the Argyle fans and was thrown back. The boy who threw it back was told in no uncertain terms that's not on as there was kids there. An argyle fan, a woman, was also spat on so really unfair to call anyone 'Junkie fans'.

Ref wasn't great but end of the day we can't retain our trophy and we are gutted about it after feeling like we should have had the game wrapped up in 90 mins.

As a neutral I watched full game live. Dundee were very hard done by. Player should've been red carded but all the bad decision before that against Dundee were a disgrace. I don't know how they officials got the game in first place. They were a disgrace. There again it's not dykeheads fault they were bad. Good luck in final dykehead 

Sitting in the Thistle there speaking to some Hurlford boys, tell me they threw every bit of mud they could at Bowhill in their protest hearing tonight as they were desperate to get to Hampden but it wouldn't stick and they lost the tie not once now but twice [emoji15][emoji15] I'm sure the Fife Flyer will provide an update as well, they just can't get over that defeat!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived