Scottish Cup Semis (Sat & Sun)

Gunner

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, jedward said:

Colville v Oban Saturday 15th April at New Douglas Park, thought semis normally mid week, any news on other semi?

That's good news, means Oban will surely have a good few down to watch, usually they end up with a load of midweek games towards the end of the season.

14 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Good news the semi is on a Saturday, makes sense for the Oban lads. Unfortunate that it will prevent other amateur players from seeing it.

I think our league have a free week for Easter that weekend if clubs wish, hopefully get through to see it.

Personally I do not think its a good shout to play on Easter weekend.

Can not speak for the clubs however I would have thought the Friday night following Easter would have been better option but they may have been fixtures or internationals listed for that weekend so maybe they had no choice

If it needs Easter weekend why not the Friday night as a few of the players may have that day off so no issues with travel?

And if I am right the dates for the semi's are a issue every year trying to fit around needless international friendlies

Can not speak for the clubs however I would have thought the Friday night following Easter would have been better option but they may have been fixtures or internationals listed for that weekend so maybe they had no choice
If it needs Easter weekend why not the Friday night as a few of the players may have that day off so no issues with travel?
And if I am right the dates for the semi's are a issue every year trying to fit around needless international friendlies

East of Scotland Amateur Cup Final is on the Friday night bud [emoji106]

4 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Friday night might be ok for teams that are local to the area but the distance Oban boys have to travel after the game to get back home must be a nightmare. I have travelled that road quite a few times and its bad enough in daylight never mind at 12 o'clock at night. Last year must have been the same so glad someone has saw sense and changed the date

21 hours ago, The Borrheid Bull said:

East of Scotland Amateur Cup Final is on the Friday night bud emoji106.png

Thanks for clearing that up

18 hours ago, committeemember said:

Friday night might be ok for teams that are local to the area but the distance Oban boys have to travel after the game to get back home must be a nightmare. I have travelled that road quite a few times and its bad enough in daylight never mind at 12 o'clock at night. Last year must have been the same so glad someone has saw sense and changed the date

Yes you are right about the travel, My understanding of the situation was the treasurer wanted a Friday night, but the president put his foot down and got a Saturday based on the fact Oban travelled midweek last year, so he is the man that saw sense as you say 

Saturday is a decent shout for this game due to the travel which is only fair to Oban and because it's Easter Weekend a fair few teams don't have games so other ammy players can take in the game. I think 'AuldYinWaeKnowledge' is being a bit selfish regards the Friday night and disregarding Obans' circumstances.

Dundee had enough chances to win 5 games.some off dykeheads players attitudes where are disgrace especially there number 11 making gestures to the fans. If the officials where stronger (who were a disgrace by the way) should've sent him for a early shower.There were young children in the crowd who looked frightened with the trouble at the end. Harvester will beat them in final. How they will react after defeat I don't know. The better team went out. 

Archived