Scotland amateur team 2017

Oscarthehead

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

You need to be in the wee clique to get into the squad

That may or may not be true but given the sheer numbers playing amateur football it is surely very difficult for coaches/selectors to see and judge all players who might be suitable for such a squad.

Got to take into consideration where games etc are played and when. Most friendlies are midweek at Daizel. It's just not possible for players from a lot of leagues to get there. Maybe they could move about the country and have training sessions etc at weekends to look at a wider pool of players. Can't remember seeing anyone in the squad from Perth, Dundee or Aberdeen regions. Not saying they should but there must be some that are worth looking at. 

When I was involved with Bruce, I watched over 70 games in one season, as did Bruce and we also had scouts from the other leagues that supported us. Some players didn't want to be considered and there are rules around players who have played senior. It's all about opinions and I'm sure everyone has one. Bruce has done something no other manager did and that was qualify for the tournament stages. It takes a lot of commitment from players, with training and games as well as the annual games in Ireland, and you also need to remember that when the players go to the European tournaments they do not get paid from their work.
You'll also find that the inter league tournament was brought in to help the Scotland team also, and they usually play friendliest against league selects. In my time Midland and Dundee selects we're both visitors to colville park

When I was involved with Bruce, I watched over 70 games in one season, as did Bruce and we also had scouts from the other leagues that supported us. Some players didn't want to be considered and there are rules around players who have played senior. It's all about opinions and I'm sure everyone has one. Bruce has done something no other manager did and that was qualify for the tournament stages. It takes a lot of commitment from players, with training and games as well as the annual games in Ireland, and you also need to remember that when the players go to the European tournaments they do not get paid from their work.
You'll also find that the inter league tournament was brought in to help the Scotland team also, and they usually play friendliest against league selects. In my time Midland and Dundee selects we're both visitors to colville park

What are the rules regarding players that were previously senior?

They can play in the annual friendlies, not in the tournaments. I think they have to have played amateur for 5 years
I've been out of it for three years now, I'm sure someone will know the finer details

Cheers. I just know Darren miller was involved lately but he hasn't been amateur for 5 years but if it was a friendly then that would explain it

12 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

There was only 3 Colville players in the last squad, and 2 in the previous squad. 

Do me favour and leave Colvile out of it and concentrate on asnwering the question that was asked 

Your a sensitive wee soul michael

Archived