County vs Killie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Well... erm....

Hopefully not a goal behind within 10 seconds this time.

Don't fear, we like to score early but we also feel bad about it so we give a couple goals back. We're generous like that.

Scott Boyd is due to make his first appearance against Ross County in ten years.  The last time he did so Derek Adams scored the winner for County in a 2-1 win against Partick Thistle.

Am I right in thinking Killie have been using a 4-4-2 shape under McCulloch, Jones and McKenzie on the wings?

I think County are likely to continue the 3-4-1-2 that was used at Aberdeen and Killie.  If that is the case then Dicker will need to keep a close eye on Boyce to stop the latter from linking with the strikers too much.  There's a lot to be said about County using that shape, for and against, but with Davies flanked by Fraser and either McEveley or likely Van der Weg for this game the back three looks good enough.

Homework will have been done on Ajer this time, who controlled the match after Karleigh Osborne was subbed (never seen again?) in Killie's recent 3-2 win against County.  If County play with two forwards and Boyce behind then Ajer won't be given the time to dictate... whereas they might well stand off Boyd.

I won't begrudge Scott Boyd playing a blinder in this game.  But I'll be raging if Sammon has a big say in the outcome: he should never have been allowed join, on the basis that Boyd originally occupied the over-21 Scottish-based loan slot.  I can only guess it was for financial reasons, but giving Boyd away on a free transfer mindlessly allowed Killie to strengthen their team.

We've generally used a 4-2-3-1 this season but Saturday looked more like a flatter 4-5-1 in defence that changed into a 3-5-2 when we had possession. In all honestly, the players looked confused and kept shouting positional instructions to each other so our formation was occasionally 2-7-1.

Sammon, since he's come, sets up on the left wing and Jones on the right but on Sat Jones switched wings second half and played left and Sammon went inside. I've absolutely no idea where McKenzie was playing on Saturday, I heard them announce his name but that was it.

It's going to be strange seeing the Ginger Pele in another side's colours- hope he has a good game but if we play like we did against Hearts, I'm fairly confident we can get three points. I definitely want to see Davies in the middle of a back three if we're going for that with two of Fraser/Quinn/McEveley either side of him.

Who knows what Killie side we'll get.  On our day, we're more than capable of playing County off the park.

We just don't have our days very often.

Given how we seem determined to allow opponents to score, I'm none too confident about this.  I'll be grudgingly happy with a draw.

Who knows what County side we'll get.  On our day, we're more than capable of playing Killie off the park.

Given how we seem determined to allow opponents to score, I'm none too confident about this.  I'll be grudgingly happy with a draw

STAT:

Other than that ridiculous WWWWDWWWW run from Valentine's Day 2015, County have only ever won more than 1 league game 'in a row' under McIntyre on 4 occasions, with each of them being just 2-game winning streaks. (Those stats in themselves may be worth noting in the "Time's Up, Jim" thread.)... Anyway, the interesting part for here is, every one of those 2-in-a-row's has involved Kilmarnock :lol: May 2014 beat Hamilton at home then Killie away; August 2015 Killie away then D. United at home; December 2015 Dundee away, Killie home; August 2016 ICT away Killie at home.

These straw-clutch stats were meant to be a morale boost, pointing to a guaranteed home win this Saturday. They've actually only served to depress me. We have been absolutely woeful under McIntyre, haven't we?

Who knows what sides we'll get . On their day they're more than capable of playing each other off the park 

They just don't have their days very often 

Given  how that they both seem determined to allow opponents to score ,I'm quite confident we'll get a game . Score draw for me 

4 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Who knows what County side we'll get.  On our day, we're more than capable of playing Killie off the park.

Given how we seem determined to allow opponents to score, I'm none too confident about this.  I'll be grudgingly happy with a draw

4 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Who knows what sides we'll get . On their day they're more than capable of playing each other off the park 

They just don't have their days very often 

Given  how that they both seem determined to allow opponents to score ,I'm quite confident we'll get a game . Score draw for me 

Preach, sisters, preach x

I can't help feeling there's a general "meh" and malaise around this fixture.

Come on lads and lasses of Dingwall & Kilmarnock! This is going to be an absolutely smashing game of soccer!

Archived