The Scottish Non League Programme of the Year Awards 2016-17

FU_man

It’s that time again to get your entries in for the 2016-17 Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year awards backed by Programme Monthly magazine www.programmemonthly.com

I have taken over the awards from burnie_man and have morphed into FU_man. It was a painless transformation and happy to report that all terms and conditions remain the same from previous years.

A reminder that Gala Fairydean Rovers won the award last season, with Ardeer Thistle coming fifth to be best in the Juniors.

I’d like to invite entries from as wide a range of clubs as possible for the Highland League, Lowland League, Juniors, East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League. Each club should provide two separate issues from this season of which one must be from a league match. Both programmes must be from competitive matches, no friendlies or special one-off issues please.

We had 45 entries last season which was fantastic, but I’d like to try and top that as I know there were other clubs who issued programmes but did not enter.

Entries will be open until the 30th April and results will be published in the June or July 2017 edition.

Please PM me for details, or email kendofrf@gmail.com and please feel free to spread the word via other forums or to clubs directly.

It’s that time again to get your entries in for the 2016-17 Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year awards backed by Programme Monthly magazine www.programmemonthly.com

I have taken over the awards from burnie_man and have morphed into FU_man. It was a painless transformation and happy to report that all terms and conditions remain the same from previous years.

A reminder that Gala Fairydean Rovers won the award last season, with Ardeer Thistle coming fifth to be best in the Juniors.

I’d like to invite entries from as wide a range of clubs as possible for the Highland League, Lowland League, Juniors, East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League. Each club should provide two separate issues from this season of which one must be from a league match. Both programmes must be from competitive matches, no friendlies or special one-off issues please.

We had 45 entries last season which was fantastic, but I’d like to try and top that as I know there were other clubs who issued programmes but did not enter.

Entries will be open until the 30th April and results will be published in the June or July 2017 edition.

Please PM me for details, or email kendofrf@gmail.com and please feel free to spread the word via other forums or to clubs directly.

I do the Dunbar Utd programme and i handed a few proggies to your predecessor at the Blackburn Utd v Dunbar Utd game earlier in the season. To this end, I hope he'll pass them on for judging. I also have some more issues to include. DM me an address to send them to please!

14 hours ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

I do the Dunbar Utd programme and i handed a few proggies to your predecessor at the Blackburn Utd v Dunbar Utd game earlier in the season. To this end, I hope he'll pass them on for judging. I also have some more issues to include. DM me an address to send them to please!

Nope, they were destroyed and their ashes spread widely. There is no evidence they ever existed.....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all those who have entered so far, but as you can see only 12 entries:

BSC Glasgow, Dalbeattie Star, Brora Rangers, Hawick Royal Albert, Thornton Hibs, Kilbirnie Ladeside, Ardeer Thistle, Montrose Roselea, Blackburn United, Leith Athletic, Formartine United, St Duthus

A reminder that the closing date is the 30th April 2017 and last season we had over 40 entries, so please spread the word and get those entries in now.

17 minutes ago, Stants1902 said:

Do you accept pdf copies of the programmes?

I was wondering that too - we normally calibrate programme numbers to take into account who we're playing, whether it's midweek or Saturday and so on with the end result that it almost invariably sells out - we simply don't have stacks of back copies lying around, although we do have PDFs of quite a few issues available if you want them.

Add in the fact that it's getting towards the business end of the season - can't speak for any other clubs, but given we're already in the throes of producing issues for Saturday and the following Wednesday, if it's hard copy only I can see why there hasn't been much take-up - printing off back issues for a competition is near the back of the queue priority-wise!!

6 hours ago, FU_man said:

Sorry but it's paper copies only

Thanks for replying - it's a no from us then. If I asked our printer for a couple of back issues at this stage in the season, there's too much risk I'd end up with a single copy of next Wednesday's Glencairn programme and 45 copies of a back issue against Petershill or somebody.:)

Maybe one to rethink for next year though...if you're running a fairly niche competition like this you could maximise entries by making it easier rather than more difficult to enter.

To be fair when I ran the comp, I didn't accept PDF either as part of the assessment is quality of the programme ie paper and print.

Is it really too hard to put one copy by for 2 or 3 games during the season? The comp is now in its 4th year afterall now.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

To be fair when I ran the comp, I didn't accept PDF either as part of the assessment is quality of the programme ie paper and print.

Is it really too hard to put one copy by for 2 or 3 games during the season? The comp is now in its 4th year afterall now.

Paper and print quality's an essentially meaningless criterion though that would be easy to get round by any hypothetical club desperate to win by simply printing the copies they submit on a higher grade stock and a higher print resolution than they actually do the programme on. Just seems a bit self-limiting and even Luddite not to maximise potential entries by admitting hard copy sent via snail mail only.

As regards keeping copies aside through the season, again I can only speak for us, but as long as there are copies available they'll be sold. If we end up with a pile of unsold progs at the end of a game. I'll have miscalculated how many were required and I won't have done my job right that week - thankfully that almost never happens. 

Archived