Ayr United vs Falkirk

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Considering we just beat Raith we are hardly comfortably the worst side in the league. I would however say we probably are edging Raith towards being the worst side.

A little rich, however, from a side who are four points behind us in what has been an utter abomination of a season for us so far.

Surely the fact that Raith Rovers were forced to play without a proper goalkeeper was a big factor in why you beat them, or did that seemingly have nothing to do with it?

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Who cares
The man was a one season wonder

Yep.

Like many we got the best time out of him.

If Farid didn't have such a good season at Falkirk we wouldn't have bothered our arse he signed with Hibs, Dunfermline and Ayr

Surely the fact that Raith Rovers were forced to play without a proper goalkeeper was a big factor in why you beat them, or did that seemingly have nothing to do with it?

It didn't particularly no. Raith's brutal finishing was the main reason.

where was farid before he signed for us? obviously he played for one season he was  a big morrocan team at one stage wyandad I think...but he was playing lower league French football before he signed for us...his knee injuries have done him though but for that one season he was amazing ...best leave it at that

Ayr needed a penalty shootout to beat Stranraer to even get into the league and their supporters are complaining that they *might* finish 10th? I'd have said 9th would have been a miracle before a ball was kicked this season and I'm very surprised you haven't been cut adrift. McCall working wonders IMO.

Awful fishing attempt.

20 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

where was farid before he signed for us? obviously he played for one season he was  a big morrocan team at one stage wyandad I think...but he was playing lower league French football before he signed for us...his knee injuries have done him though but for that one season he was amazing ...best leave it at that

He played for  Romorantin before he signed for us,he was a great guy and as you say a one season wonder but what a season for him.

Our fans can be so negative sometimes, earlier in the season Austin was one of the "lazy" houston signings, houston should go and we had no chance of making the play offs and if we did we'd get pumped, start reading this thread and now farid was just a one season wonder, the guy was class and would've went on to a far higher level than us but for injuries. 

Simply Farid's injury at Brentford killed his career going onwards and upwards after us.

He was a one man attack with us whereas now, he is struggling to stay fit and his body can't take the hits he took with us. One memory of him is getting angry v Dundee and was a man possessed and battered through everything giving 120%

Harkins pretty quiet today, previously when Ayr have shown up well against us, he has been heavily involved. I can't see Ayr getting out at least one of the bottom two places.

Bigger test next week, we owe Morton a defeat, set a marker for the play offs, in case we meet

6 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Loved the pitiful attempt to get us in that wee daft stand :lol:

Good win for the juggernaut, sibbs and Austin were classy today. Big fash is gonna be a #baller.

I'd throw the cheque book at sibbs to keep him here. Boys dreamy to watch. MOTM for me was big luca, had farid in his back pocket the whole game.

Worrying for Ayr, that team minus Harkins is absolutely pish.

I can assure you that team including Harkins is pish.

Archived