Cowdown Countdown

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Relegation this season would see them as the 5th club in football history to be relegated three times in a row, the first outside of germany to do so.

oHIr2PK.png

Fun fact: Cowden can only equal the record of 4 consecutive relegations, unfortunately, they would run out of leagues to get relegated to before completed a historic 5 in a row.

It is worth noting that the German league system had 11 tiers for the above teams (12 after 2008) combared to Scottish football's 4.

That's some effort, still hurting?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand Stirling, Pars, East Fife and Arbroath fans gloating about our fall as at least they will have seen their teams play higher than League 2 but Berwick fans, Yellow Feet would still have been in his dad's baws the last time Berwick were out of this division:lol:

Here's a scenario- The Highland League Champs, lets say, Buckie Thistle have been scoring goals for fun all season. They play the Lowland League Champs, lets say EK, and decided to uphold the honour of the Mutton Molester League by beating the upstart Lowland League champs over two legs.

They then decide to say "feck getting into the Scottish League" and contrive to lose to a pretty poor Cowden team over 2 legs. Liam Fox is then saved from the sack but gets the boot a season and a half later for being shite.

Far fetched?

Just swap Buckie Thistle with Brora, EK with City, Cowden with Montrose, and Liam Fox with Paul Hegerty...... not that I'm bitter or anything... :rolleyes: 

Here's a scenario- The Highland League Champs, lets say, Buckie Thistle have been scoring goals for fun all season. They play the Lowland League Champs, lets say EK, and decided to uphold the honour of the Mutton Molester League by beating the upstart Lowland League champs over two legs.
They then decide to say "feck getting into the Scottish League" and contrive to lose to a pretty poor Cowden team over 2 legs. Liam Fox is then saved from the sack but gets the boot a season and a half later for being shite.
Far fetched?
Just swap Buckie Thistle with Brora, EK with City, Cowden with Montrose, and Liam Fox with Paul Hegerty...... not that I'm bitter or anything... :rolleyes: 

Brora were 15 minutes away from winning that tie and having seen both goals, especially Woods one I cannot get my head around the fact you think they threw that game.

Brora were 15 minutes away from winning that tie and having seen both goals, especially Woods one I cannot get my head around the fact you think they threw that game.

Well they couldn't make it too obvious. Did they not also beat Edinburgh on penalties? Surely that would have been the ideal way to throw the game.

If we play like we did on Saturday and finally take our chances for once, then someone is going to get a hiding soon.

You also said you would win four of your next five games. Cowdenbeath then proceeded to lose four in a row.

30 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

You also said you would win four of your next five games. Cowdenbeath then proceeded to lose four in a row.

Can't always get it right.

Can't always get it right.

Dont know whats funnier. You predicting 4 Cowden wins and getting beat every time or that Verlaque Blue informing me that Stirling were going down and you lot had turned a corner :lol:

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Far fetched?

One of those things won't happen Tam.

Archived