Arbroath vs Clyde

100% agree that McMillan should sit in front of back 4, what ever that 4 should be (Minus Perry - please). Much as Flynn has added to our attacking options and absolutely has to start; we are only now I think seeing, that although he does work hard is not the greatest defender, so centrally at least McMillan offers more protection. The obvious answer has always been is to get Higgins to F**K especially from midfield and stick Flynn there.

Still issue is who we play at CH, perhaps have to mess McNeil about again and stick him there with Finnie RB if fit. What ever the line up we simply have to stop haemorrhaging goals simple as that ever to stand a chance in games.     

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuckin loved Shawfied, give me a Brian Ahern, Alan Swan, Neilly Hood or even a Paul Flexney any day of the week, great crowds & good memories of how it used to be (sadly)
Is that Alex Ferguson (as he was then) playing against us ??

I thought it was Ferguson and said so on post 52.

Can't be bothered travelling to this and I stay in Dundee. 

Honestly cant see anything other than more than a 2 goal win for Arbroath here. I would say try and keep it tight at the back but there's no point, nothing can sort out that disaster of a back four. I'd put Linton back at LB though, one of the best in the league at that position but never gets played there. Put McMillan in his place in CM and as for centre backs, it doesn't matter as it will no doubt be a shambles there yet again

On 08/03/2017 at 14:23, cfcuk said:

Agree just not sure we have the experience in the management team to do this
Couple of guys never managed a team before the position we are in at the moment required an old head to come in till the end of the season , but that was never going to happen as there appears to be no money left (another case of mismanagement on an industrial scale) I would pressume they are still paying / haggling with Bob Malcolm over paying up his contract as absolutely nothing about him leaving on the website etc

We have criticised them this season but we need to take a leaf out the Edinburgh city book first priority set up not to get beat or conceed

Fingers crossed three huge games coming up after the certain defeat in Saturday

AFAIK BM's on gardening leave.  There's a lot of information flying around about the general financial position, as usual most of it conflicting.  Best wait until the summer to get an idea of the real position, it'll all come out in the end.

The most damning indictment of BF's time is we've been left with 4 defenders in the entire pool.  Any manager, experienced or otherwise is going to find it difficult to improve that area quickly.  Various suggestions been made, move the deckchairs around or keep that 4 with extra protection in front.  Fine, whatever works, but they certainly need to try something tomorrow

If Linton's carrying a hernia injury, understandable he can only play for short periods of time.  They're just going to have to fight and scrap for every point from now til the end of the season and that will have to include finding some kind of a system that makes us much harder to score against.  Good luck to the two lads, they'll need it.  

The most damning indictment of BF's time is we've been left with 4 defenders in the entire pool.  Any manager, experienced or otherwise is going to find it difficult to improve that area quickly.  Various suggestions been made, move the deckchairs around or keep that 4 with extra protection in front.  Fine, whatever works, but they certainly need to try something

McNiff looks the most capable at CB despite being used at LB most of the season. McNeil has played well at LB previously so could be an option.
Back four of Finnie Perry McNiff McNeil could maybe work. Agree Perry isn't great either though so maybe smith in for him.

McMillan to play DM, with Flynn more attacking and Fergie and Johnston on the wings. Peaso and Gormley up top. That's about the best we have to offer.

McLaughlin will probably be in the team somewhere though I suspect probably Higgins too ☹️

Señor Campbell es muy inteligente. Creo que los lichties serán victoriosos.

Pero, si el Bully puede aprovechar la velocidad de recuperación de Phil Johnston, tal vez serán victoriosos.

El coyote es Martin McNiff. El autopista-velocista es Bobby Linn. Además, el chupacabra es el muy maligno Sean Higgins.

Heading up tomorrow as usual to see if anythings improved. Lets get some wins Clyde and survive in this league. We can then hopefully have a clear out and start again next season and forget all about the team that Barry built.

Good luck with that one [emoji23]

Archived