Dumbarton -v- Raith

It's now yogis fault according to some, Get real , Gary Locke signed most of these duffers all sanctioned by the BOD even a week before sacking him he was allowed to sign a player at the end of the window, Didn't go today but by all accounts the players don't give a s@@@e sums up the last 3 months for me to be honest. Hughes can only work with what he has a squad rock bottom in confidence with No opportunity to bring players in the rot set in months ago yet the board done nothing and still gave Locke the whole January window the blame imo lies with the BOD and Locke . I would love Hughes to stay because he could transform this team during the summer.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It's now yogis fault according to some, Get real , Gary Locke signed most of these duffers all sanctioned by the BOD even a week before sacking him he was allowed to sign a player at the end of the window, Didn't go today but by all accounts the players don't give a s@@@e sums up the last 3 months for me to be honest. Hughes can only work with what he has a squad rock bottom in confidence with No opportunity to bring players in the rot set in months ago yet the board done nothing and still gave Locke the whole January window the blame imo lies with the BOD and Locke . I would love Hughes to stay because he could transform this team during the summer.

If you went today you would have seen a total lack of tactics. Players who had no idea what their role was, and some utterly awful substitutions. Players being played in weird positions and no attacking threat at all.

Let's drop the "poor Hughes" act. He is doing himself absolutely no favours and hasnt given us one ounce of improvement.

Taking Hardie off for Skacel got one of the most negative reaction I've seen from a Rovers support. Mixture of rage and amazement.

Yogi certainly proving that he isn't smarter than the average bear. Those substitutions were utterly baffling.

I was a bit worried about how this one would go after last weekend's "events" and the absence of a couple of starters, along with knowing that we would effectively only have one option from the bench. Add in the fact that Raith won a league match on Wednesday for the first time since the clocks went back and a tricky afternoon was potentially in store.

Alan Martin's first half wonder save apart, we absolutely strolled this game. Tom Lang proved me wrong and showed real composure, dealing more than competently with just about everything that came his way. That could also be said of the rest of the back four. Sam Stanton would have been my motm, his ability to glide past opponents is delicious and he's also added a bit of grit to his game. That said, Robert Thomson was great too, with some lovely touches and tricks along with a fabulous finish for his second goal.

We've been playing well since our last visit to Easter Road and fortunately today showed that last week was just a blip. I'm guessing Vaughan will slot in for Stanton next week, but Stevie will have a pleasant problem of who to leave out, with the availability of Buchanan and Docherty once again.

It must be tough being a Raith fan at the moment. This time last season they were in the middle of a terrific run in to the season. They have a bunch of very decent posters on here and I hope they stay up (but not at our expense!)

Gaz is fit and has been for a few weeks, seems Aitken is scared to drop tommo or nade, I said at start of the season on here Aitken was not the man for the job with the signings he was making and I stand by that. Against Ayr we were 2 goals up with time running out and he makes 3 subs for no reason and it cost us 3 points, he hasn't got a fucking clue.

1972c88b89a3ab891722f19d039d7285.gif

On the drive through today I was all jacked up but the game went out of control and at half time I was looking for something to fall back on.
Then just minutes into the second half things went out of control, were we too far gone? it's a cliché to say we need a real man in charge because when the shit hits the fan we are broke down and busted.

Don't you ever learn?

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Didn't realise big Thompson scored a couple of goals today. Reckon he'll do well for us next season. 

If you get the Thommo that played today most weeks then Jim Duffy deserves the freedom of Greenock. Thommo, for me, is a better version of Tommy Coyne junior. He can quite easily ping one in from anywhere on the pitch but two minutes later look like he shouldn't be there. I said in my post earlier that today explained why Aitken persists with him and if Thommo keeps improving then we'll all have egg on our faces. For a part time side he's ideal, I hope it works out for him at full time though, if anything his work rate has improved since the PCA and that's credit to him.

Declan McManus losing the head at Number 15 right before our 4th goal in the highlights :lol::lol::lol:
Get it up the horrible wee p***k.

Yeah, that's not Declan McManus. It's Scott Roberts - although it appears he's a horrible wee p***k instead. Yaw Osei is the player he's berating, playing his first ever minutes of a Championship game. I could perhaps accept his reaction a bit easier if he was an absolutely fucking tragic footballer.

Juniors for you soon, Roberts.

Yeah, that's not Declan McManus. It's Scott Roberts - although it appears he's a horrible wee p***k instead. Yaw Osei is the player he's berating, playing his first ever minutes of a Championship game. I could perhaps accept his reaction a bit easier if he was an absolutely fucking tragic footballer.

Juniors for you soon, Roberts.

Somebody shouted that very sentence at him yesterday, albeit with about 8 added swearwords, and then an argument kicked off about whether screaming that at players when your 15 yards from them helps them to play better. It was all pretty horrible.

The atmosphere in the away end was poisonous actually, although I completely understand why, as we were atrocious. I did feel for Benedictus though, coming over to sign a child's programme and he's got 6 adults screaming in his coupon.

After the first 15 minutes were done yesterday, I actually thought we played okay for the next 20 or so, and I felt an equaliser was coming. Then Dumbarton got a second wind, Pavol had two great saves, then they grabbed a second.

I was sitting at half-time thinking an early goal would get us back in it, but as we've done so often, we started the second half abysmally.

For such a big squad, our options from the bench were actually quite limited, and while we probably do have enough about us to stay up on paper, we're essentially a bog-standard Championship team that is utterly devoid of confidence, which isn't a great combination.

It was the manner of the defeat, rather than the loss itself which was the main worry, and as much as there's an opinion that the players don't care, I thought they looked broken and shell-shocked at full-time.

Ayr United on the last day could be interesting.

12 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Strangely enough I didn't think we were great, decent yes, but I actually think our performance against Ayr was better, and we all know how that ended. We absolutely deserved the win and the winning margin though, we bossed the game from start to finish.

I thought Thomson, Stirling and Stanton were our best performers and good to see Gaz get a goal too. You could see how much it meant to him.

I don't mean this to sound condescending in any way whatsoever, genuinely, but I really feel for the loyal Rovers fans there today. They've been sold short in a big way and I didn't think an opponent could get any poorer or toothless than Ayr, but today I thought Raith were.

They offered so little I couldn't believe it. Aside from Alan Martin's wonder double save, I don't think he was troubled. For a side who hadn't won in however many and would surely have seen today as entirely winnable, they offered little resistance and even less of a threat.

Raith have fallen dramatically of late and the replacing of Harvie in favour of Skacel smacked of desperation and almost akin to 'last throw of the dice' type stuff, which I was surprised with from Hughes to be honest.

4 days?

Somebody shouted that very sentence at him yesterday, albeit with about 8 added swearwords, and then an argument kicked off about whether screaming that at players when your 15 yards from them helps them to play better. It was all pretty horrible.

The atmosphere in the away end was poisonous actually, although I completely understand why, as we were atrocious. I did feel for Benedictus though, coming over to sign a child's programme and he's got 6 adults screaming in his coupon.

After the first 15 minutes were done yesterday, I actually thought we played okay for the next 20 or so, and I felt an equaliser was coming. Then Dumbarton got a second wind, Pavol had two great saves, then they grabbed a second.

I was sitting at half-time thinking an early goal would get us back in it, but as we've done so often, we started the second half abysmally.

For such a big squad, our options from the bench were actually quite limited, and while we probably do have enough about us to stay up on paper, we're essentially a bog-standard Championship team that is utterly devoid of confidence, which isn't a great combination.

It was the manner of the defeat, rather than the loss itself which was the main worry, and as much as there's an opinion that the players don't care, I thought they looked broken and shell-shocked at full-time.

I would agree....we scored our goals at perfect times....relatively early then right before half time. You had a lot of the ball in the first half, though Martin's save was inspirational for us. Then the 3rd early in the second half

I thought we were totally professional throughout and its actually been.quite a while since we controlled a game in this way

For Raith, I thought the only player who got pass marks was M'voto....I thought he put in a real captain's style performance

What a goal though for Thomson's second

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Delighted that SonsTV caught McManus's BBPF inspired booking.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day watching Berba's second. Including the witchcraft he did to J.Thomson in winning the corner.

I actually quite enjoyed him giving a bit back, I love all that. Nothing OTT was said and he was kinda smiling, but it was still fairly hilarious when he got booked.

McManus is prime for not being able to ignore the crowd, at one point someone simply boo'd him and he was reacting :lol:

P.s I can't take all the credit, @donald was by my side :lol:

I don't condone screaming at the players at a game, it's always, 100% of the time, counter productive; that's what forums like this are for. Our fans can be a right bad bunch at times, especially when things aren't going well.

Archived