Celtic v Rangers Sunday 12th March

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, calum_gers said:

I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat for us.

It's been as low key a build up as I can remember, which speaks to how one sided it is expected to be.

Yeah, it's almost like they know they're going to win, we know we're going to get beaten.  It's just a case of how many.

I'd like to see a better showing against them, obviously, but our defence going up against their forward line gives me the fear.

Yeah, it's almost like they know they're going to win, we know we're going to get beaten.  It's just a case of how many.
I'd like to see a better showing against them, obviously, but our defence going up against their forward line gives me the fear.

At least it won't be Senderos this time.

4 hours ago, Elbhoy said:

We miss Rogic big time , St Mirren showed that , hopefully Roberts and Gritthits get a go , both looked fired up when they came on

I would imagine we will see Roberts on the wing with Armstrong in that number 10 position.  

What I would like to see as the starting XI

Gordon

Tierney-Sviatchenko-Simunovic-Lustig

Brown-McGregor

Sinclair-Armstrong-Roberts

Griffiths

What we will most likely see

Gordon

Tierney-Sviatchenko-Boyata-Lustig

Brown-Bitton

Dembele

1 hour ago, calum_gers said:

At least it won't be Senderos this time.

Was Kiernans suspension overturned?

If not, then it will either be Senderos or Wilson? Who is the least shite of those two?

Key area for Celtic will be Sinclair, Armstrong in the attacking mid role and Dembele. They have ripped Rangers apart in that area in every game so far. For Rangers to do anything it will be about Miller forcing a mistake which is plausible, or Hyndman, McKay and Wallace getting at Lustig if he plays.

Celtic should win easily but the previously mentioned first game for Macari was played in similar circumstances. Celtic weren't given a chance there.

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

I would imagine we will see Roberts on the wing with Armstrong in that number 10 position.  

What I would like to see as the starting XI

Gordon

Tierney-Sviatchenko-Simunovic-Lustig

Brown-McGregor

Griffiths

What we will most likely see

Gordon

Tierney-Sviatchenko-Boyata-Lustig

Brown-Bitton

Dembele

Dembele is the top scorer in Scotland, has something like 11 goals in his last 5 games and has scored 5 in 3 against Rangers. Why in the name of the wee man would you consider dropping him?

I have a question for Rangers/Sevco fans.  Is Kiernan really better than Danny Wilson?  I know Wilson has had injury problems but from what I have seen of him this season he hasn't been as atrocious defensively as Kiernan.  Maybe Warbo and Murts have seen something I have missed.

Just now, Ross. said:

Dembele is the top scorer in Scotland, has something like 11 goals in his last 5 games and has scored 5 in 3 against Rangers. Why in the name of the wee man would you consider dropping him?

I dunno, I like Leigh Griffiths and he played well as a sub against St. Mirren

Celtic used to get half the enclosure at Ibrox in the 70's and 80's, I can fondly recall being pelted with coins & lit cigarettes from the mutants above in the main stand, we even got a small section of the Govan stand a few times, back in the days when the 'loyal' were not overly keen in packing out the Asbestos Arena to watch such talents as Hugh Burns and Gregor Stevens, when the fixture was played at Celtic Park they were given a third roughly of the main stand.

Rangers (RIP) cut our allocation about 1989 if I recall correctly giving us just the Broomloan and Celtic responded by stopping giving them the section of seats they had before.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Rangers (RIP) cut our allocation about 1989 if I recall correctly giving us just the Broomloan and Celtic responded by stopping giving them the section of seats they had before.

Aren't you a Stirling Albion fan who went home and away to nigh on every SAFC game around that time, and even used to write for the fanzine?

I'm curious how on here you act like the world's biggest Celtic fan. I get people can like 2 teams but this seems a bit extreme. 

Stirling Albion played Celtic twice in the early 90s. Once at hampden (0-3) and once at Firhill (0-2). Who were you supporting?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

A classic 'get it up ye' celebration from Roy Aitken after he scored the third goal as Celtic win 3-1 in 1981, dont the bears in the main stand at CP look happy..??? :P:lol:

I think Roy decided to get this done by himself rather than pass to McGarvey who probably would have ballooned that over the bar. Yep even from that distance shown in the frozen image above and with that wide open goal with no one near him. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

If not, then it will either be Senderos or Wilson? Who is the least shite of those two?

Key area for Celtic will be Sinclair, Armstrong in the attacking mid role and Dembele. They have ripped Rangers apart in that area in every game so far. For Rangers to do anything it will be about Miller forcing a mistake which is plausible, or Hyndman, McKay and Wallace getting at Lustig if he plays.

Celtic should win easily but the previously mentioned first game for Macari was played in similar circumstances. Celtic weren't given a chance there.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39220519

Hope to f**k it's Senderos for the laugh.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

The main shockerooni I remember was the 3-2 win for Oldco in 2012 when we had a chance to win the league at Ibrox. I recall Cha and Wanyama both being sent off and Rangers going 3-0 up. Didn't really see the 2-0 game at Ibrox where Samaras ran riot coming either. Still tend to think these are the exceptions that prove the rule that the favourites almost always win these fixtures. 

I'll be interested to see if Rangers sit in and try to nick goals on the break. They don't have the personnel to go toe to toe with us but I'm not sure that they have the personnel to sit in either. 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

Aren't you a Stirling Albion fan who went home and away to nigh on every SAFC game around that time, and even used to write for the fanzine?

I'm curious how on here you act like the world's biggest Celtic fan. I get people can like 2 teams but this seems a bit extreme. 

Stirling Albion played Celtic twice in the early 90s. Once at hampden (0-3) and once at Firhill (0-2). Who were you supporting?

I did yes, didnt go to every game but a fair few.

I was at both games you mention in the Albion end, still go to the Albion about 5 to 10 games a season when Celtic are playing Sunday and the odd midweek game.

Archived